just wondering your thoughts on my chances of getting admitted into some top 10/20 schools and which schools might be good fits.
- undergrad 3.5 at ivy school (econ)
- capt of athletic team w/ several awards
- 700 gmat
- 1.5 yrs playing professional sport (now play for fun)
- 3 yrs at asset mangement firm (Bus. Dev./research - boutique firm which i'm a little worried about)
- in spare time help a intl NGO w/ business develpment and communications issues (currently assisting them in developing a U.S. marketing/fundraising biz plan for the org.)
after b-school would like to work for a small growing cons. product or services company and at some point go out on my own and develop/grow one of my many entrepreneurial ideas. get into public service later in life.
are tuck, hbs, and haas reaches?
thanks for your help!
HBS is tough for almost everyone, but if you can show leadership, and you should be able to do so, then you have a chance at HBS. You have a competitive profile for Tuck and Haas, but I suggest you also apply to additional schools. Consider Michigan, Duke, and Kellogg.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog