The essay is short for the eyes. You have to cite examples and explain them in the context. And the conclusion is not bulletproof. The last words translate into a different sense - you can close strong ! Some rhetorical questioning in the end, or a statement of purpose - In the final analysis, I therefore believe blah blah ........
The paragraphs connect and are reasoned well but they are bullet points. Please beef the paragraphs with more examples. I did not see change of tones. Change of tone happens when you cite the same thing in a different language and support it with examples.
Extra points :
1. Pornography is lapped up by the society and hence censorship is essential. Kids should be protected.
2. Censorship and discretion by the media is best when it can save thousand of lives in communal riots, etc
3. It is seen that people who are exposed to the violent programs follow the message from TV and can resort to violent behavior.
4. Racism can have an adverse effect on the society any reality program, news that seek to instigate violence among the people should be subject to critical scrutiny by the federal bodies.
5. The subliminal influences caused by mass media for product marketing are inevitable. But if the message is overboard, then they should be scrutinized for public health.
6. Some advocates of freedom may argue that censorship is tantamount to depriving people of the fundamental right to freedom. However, it accords with the common sense that unbridled freedom can cause the grand breakdown of the social fabric and the depredation of the good virtues among the children.
7. The question is - whether our children are protected from the harmful consequences of the mass media and are we streamlining the destruction of the culture values we hold so dear?
“In some countries, television and radio programs are carefully censored for offensive language and behavior.
In other countries, there is little or no censorship.”
Analysis of the issue:
Some countries have television and radio programs censored for offensive language and behavior, but some don’t have any or little censorship. I would present arguments favoring the former statement and refuting the latter one.
Television and radio are universal mediums of entertainment and transmission of information. The programs that are telecasted on both are watched by all age groups, from kids to elderly. Therefore the programs telecasted on them should be appropriate for all audiences, of all ages groups. For example, If a program with violent content is being watched by children of a very young age, it will have a negative impact on the children.
Sometimes there are programs which showcase the reality. This reality has content right from abusive language to offensive scenes. The term reality is used in order to raise the TRP’s of the programs but the other side is ignored, of its ill-effects on the people. A censorship board should be established in order to monitor such content.
In a recent newspaper article I read that watching offensive language and behavior on television and radio has a psychological impact on families. People tend to get influenced by it and tend to become more aggressive. So overall, it has an effect on the society and the country as a whole.
Countries that don’t have a censor to monitor the programs on television and radio have very aggressive and negative effects on people. Because it is rightly said that you become what you see. Like in case of Afghanistan, the content on television and radio is not monitored, so people tend to have access to watch everything. And the effects of it can be seen by the whole world, as to how terrorized the country is.
Clearly all countries should have a censor to monitor the programs on television and radio because countries that don’t have a censor have a lot of short falls. It can also be argued by some countries that if a censor is established on telecasting the content on television and radio, no one can guarantee a control on the other mediums too, but that should not stop us from controlling content on these two medium as they are very widely used.
Please press kudos if you like my post.