Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 08:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Can we have One Sticky for each test questions discussion ?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [1] , given: 0

Can we have One Sticky for each test questions discussion ? [#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2008, 13:16
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Admins,

Can we have one sticky for each test: Thereby all the questions related that particular test could be found in one thread.

-Thanks
Mbaobsessed
CIO
CIO
Followers: 87

Kudos [?]: 690 [0], given: 334

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Can we have One Sticky for each test questions discussion ? [#permalink] New post 07 Nov 2008, 13:27
Every question of each of the Tests can generate a lively discussion. This is why it's nearly impossible to place 37 questions of a single Test in one thread. Do I understand right that you suggest that we have 25 stickies? Please let me know. We'll have to think about it.

Thanks for the initiative!

Welcome to GMAT Club! :)
Facebook TwitterGoogle+LinkedIn
Want to solve GMAT questions on the go? GMAT Club iPhone app will help.
Please read this before posting in GMAT Club Tests forum
Result correlation between real GMAT and GMAT Club Tests
Are GMAT Club Test sets ordered in any way?

Take 15 free tests with questions from GMAT Club, Knewton, Manhattan GMAT, and Veritas.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Can we have One Sticky for each test questions discussion ? [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2008, 05:56
Yes dzyubam, that's what I was thinking.

Just that if we are trying to search for test questions/discussion sometimes it is difficult to wade thru all posts to find what we need..

Just think abt it..

-mbaobsessed
SVP
SVP
Schools: Hard Knocks
Followers: 30

Kudos [?]: 440 [0], given: 32

Re: Can we have One Sticky for each test questions discussion ? [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2008, 06:09
I don't think we would need a sticky for each test. What I think could be useful is maybe something we could do in the Wiki pages. Place a link to each question's discussion. Have a column for each test. This way, rather than searching through all of the posts to find that no one has a thread about this question, or even worse yet, if we do an actual search, but the original poster formatted their subject and reference to the test # and question # differently, we may not find it. If I search for q01m01 for question 1 of the first test, i won't find anything if the poster wrote it m01q01. So have a page in wiki that links directly to threads of the question. Then it would only take 1 sticky to send people to the wiki page and then the wiki page to the correct threads.

------------------------------------
J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 61

Kudos [?]: 263 [1] , given: 86

Reviews Badge
Re: Can we have One Sticky for each test questions discussion ? [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2008, 07:21
This post received
KUDOS
jallenmorris wrote:
I don't think we would need a sticky for each test. What I think could be useful is maybe something we could do in the Wiki pages. Place a link to each question's discussion. Have a column for each test. This way, rather than searching through all of the posts to find that no one has a thread about this question, or even worse yet, if we do an actual search, but the original poster formatted their subject and reference to the test # and question # differently, we may not find it. If I search for q01m01 for question 1 of the first test, i won't find anything if the poster wrote it m01q01. So have a page in wiki that links directly to threads of the question. Then it would only take 1 sticky to send people to the wiki page and then the wiki page to the correct threads.

I think this would be very helpful. Great idea :)

1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
WE 1: Investment Banking - 6yrs
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 46 [1] , given: 92

Re: Can we have One Sticky for each test questions discussion ? [#permalink] New post 10 Nov 2008, 10:14
This post received
KUDOS
jallenmorris wrote:

I agree.

Also, if we have a consistant format.
** Section : Q No : Source**
eg - PS : Q 10 : GMATPrep

or anything else.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Schools: F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 34 [1] , given: 16

Re: Can we have One Sticky for each test questions discussion ? [#permalink] New post 11 May 2009, 19:49
This post received
KUDOS
Avernusaur wrote:
jallenmorris wrote:

I think this would be very helpful. Great idea :)

I second this -- I gave up trying to look for some explanations ... may not be such a good idea since the GMATClub Math exams are just taking me apart!!

I wonder if it is worthwhile having my confidence eroded ... :roll:

INSEAD Sept 2010 Interview Invite Nov 5, 2009 Admit & Matriculating
Wharton Sept 2010 Interview Invite Oct 30, 2009 Waitlisted & Ding
Harvard Sept 2010 Ding without Interview
Ivey May 2010 Interview Invite Nov 23, 2009 Admit + $$

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2323

Kudos [?]: 9410 [0], given: 3697

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Can we have One Sticky for each test questions discussion ? [#permalink] New post 11 May 2009, 21:49
Expert's post
What about a link to each question discussion thread from the test interface?

Don't need to look for anything in that case.....

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Current Student
Schools: F2010 - HBS (R1 - denied w/o interview ), INSEAD (R1 - admitted), Wharton (R1 - waitlisted & ding), Ivey (R2 - admitted w/ 60% tuition)
WE 1: 3.5yrs as a Strategy Consultant - Big 4
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 16

Re: Can we have One Sticky for each test questions discussion ? [#permalink] New post 12 May 2009, 15:47
bb wrote:

that would be fantastic!!

INSEAD Sept 2010 Interview Invite Nov 5, 2009 Admit & Matriculating
Wharton Sept 2010 Interview Invite Oct 30, 2009 Waitlisted & Ding
Harvard Sept 2010 Ding without Interview
Ivey May 2010 Interview Invite Nov 23, 2009 Admit + $$

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Can we have One Sticky for each test questions discussion ? [#permalink] New post 12 May 2009, 16:03
Expert's post
sm332 wrote:
bb wrote:

that would be fantastic!!

Though it still means we need to assemble the links.
let me start with #25, since that's a free test that many take.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator

Expert Post
Founder
Founder

Re: Can we have One Sticky for each test questions discussion ? [#permalink] New post 13 May 2009, 13:13
Expert's post
We are half way done with Math.
Feel free to add to the threads if anything was missed or any future/additional questions get discussed.

Founder of GMAT Club

GMAT Club team member
Followers: 40

Kudos [?]: 457 [0], given: 19

Re: Can we have One Sticky for each test questions discussion ? [#permalink] New post 17 May 2009, 09:09
Re: Can we have One Sticky for each test questions discussion ?   [#permalink] 17 May 2009, 09:09