Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 25 Nov 2014, 21:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Can you get questions wrong and still score 700+

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Can you get questions wrong and still score 700+ [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2010, 15:13
Just wondering what the correlation is between GMAT powerprep tests answers correct/wrong and scores....if you are scoring in the 700s how many quant questions are you answering correctly/incorrectly etc....is it possible in the CAT format to get 10 incorrect and still hit the mid 40 level, or do you need to anwer most all correctly? How about Verbal?

Thanks!!!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 72 [0], given: 1

Re: Can you get questions wrong and still score 700+ [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2010, 19:01
you do realise that there are some experimental questions in the quant and verbal and I think 9 in quant and 11 in verbal and no one knows when they appear. So you should really concentrate on getting the questions right and you should know the error you did for the questions you did wrong and move on. You cannot predict the score as no one here knows the algorithm of the scoring and also no one here knows about when the experimental questions occur.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: Can you get questions wrong and still score 700+ [#permalink] New post 28 Feb 2010, 19:23
Actually, I was not thinking so muc of the actul test, s I was the practice CATs offered by GMAT prep.

Thanks for your insights into the live version!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Beta Gamma Sigma, Omicron Delta Epsilon, Toastmasters Intl, HHonors
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 27

Re: Can you get questions wrong and still score 700+ [#permalink] New post 01 Mar 2010, 10:10
Absolutely :-D . In fact, if you see harder questions it may possibly be a good sign (ie, CAT is adapting upwards).

My canned answer is simplistic >> I found this guide to be a better explanation. I'm not being paid by MGMAT, but this is a good one just to read on an off Friday just to get started (just be aware of the commercial parts).
http://www.manhattangmat.com/gmat-uncovered.cfm

= = = = = = = = = =

If you liked my post, please consider a Kudos for me. Thanks!

Re: Can you get questions wrong and still score 700+   [#permalink] 01 Mar 2010, 10:10