Joined: 18 Feb 2009
, given: 0
Can you please evaluate my profile [#permalink]
28 Jul 2009, 21:03
Can you please provide feedback on my profile and the areas I need to concentrate. I am planning to apply for ISB, IE Spain, HKU for Co2011 in Round 1.
1) 4 years of experience in Infosys Technologies Ltd in managerial, business analyst and technical capacity.
2) Work experience in Banking Payments domain and Enterprise Solution
3) Excellent skills in Customer relationship management, Leadership, negotiation, planning, tracking, creating business reports and managing large team
4) Exceptional fast track career growth and balance with healthy extra-curricular activities
5) International Experience of 2 years in London and Edinburgh
6) Receiving awards for Individual performance in 2006, 2007, 2008
7) Thrives in pressure and crisis situation (can be backed with data)
Work Experience: (in descending order)
1) 5months: Working as consultant and analyst along with RBS HR team to design and upgrade RBS' Core HR Enterprise Solution in PeopleSoft.
2) 5 months: Project Management of a corporate initiative to design a portal to enhance management across the organisation. Leading a team of 10 freshers with no technological background and accomplishing the task in stringent timeline was the key challange of the assignment.
3) 1.5 years: Project Anchor of million dollar project from RBS, London Office.
Key Responsibilities: 1) Resource Management both at onshore and offshore 2) Client relationship Management 3) Cordination between client management, incident teams, external bank's team 4) Lead a team of 25 at offshore and 8 at onshore
4) 6 months: Business Analyst at RBS, Edinburgh Office to make RBSG banking system compliant with European Council initiative SEPA
5) 6 months: Offshore Lead for implementation of multi-million project
6) 6 months: Software Engineer
Awards and Achievments:
1) Infosys level excellence award for Most Spirited Team
2) Appreciation from Client Business manager, Client Program manager for playing key role in the project.
3) Promoted to Project Lead as an exceptional case within 2.5 years (much before the stipulated 3.5 barrier)
4) Nominated for Most Valued player at Unit level
5) Won Spot Award for personal excellence at work last year
6) Represented School in CAB Under 16 Cricket Tournament
7) Got gold medal in 2nd year engineering for academic achievement
8) Organised Tech Fest at Infosys Chennai, which has total strength of 15000 employees
9) Part of Infosys Voice Of Youth team.
BTech CSE West bengal university: GPA of 8.47 out of 10
Extra Curricular Activities:
1) Adventure sports – skiing, paragliding, snorkelling, scuba diving etc.
2) Acive member of ‘Sneham Deepam’ - the group teaches under-privileged children on Weekend
3) Cricket Fanatic!
4) Blogs on Cricket, Cricket Stats and records, Cricket Quiz
5) Initiated the Soliloquist Group – group targets to gather individuals who like to participate in debates, group discussion, sales pitch and effectively improve their public speaking skills
6) Organized 2 successful account level party - 1 in Edinburgh and 1 in London
7) Editor of the newsletter of our UNIT newsletter in Infosys
8) Loves music and to play Flute and Keyboard
9) Being part of Infosy Voice of Youth, I have organised various employee engagement activities in my DC, which currently has employee strength of 7000.
English, Hindi, Bengali, Maithili, Spanish
1) Lean Management Certification from Benhmark
2) Planning to undergo Six Sigma Green Belt Certification from Benchmark
I can get good reccos from RBS London Project Manager and Infosys Higher Management.
Can you please higlight my weak and strong points and whether it is enough to go ahead and apply in R1. Please advise in case you think I definitely need to improve certain things before I should apply. As you would have understood, I am concerned about GMAT score. I understand it is on the lower side and it matters, but can't good reccos, and strong essay make it up for it. A straight question - Is it a disaster using which I should not apply?
Thanks a lot.