Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 10:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Can you provide info on New York's contribution in CBS MBA?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 81

Kudos [?]: 544 [0], given: 105

Premium Member CAT Tests
Can you provide info on New York's contribution in CBS MBA? [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2013, 10:49
Expert's post
Hi EssaySnark,
Can you please share some deep real-life insights on how NY can be beneficial and will add value towards CBS MBA grads with RE focus both during MBA and post-MBA? And how NY is as far as RE industry is concerned because my post-MBA ST and LT goals are in RE...

All the information I've about NY, is mostly from Internet/Newspaper/Journals...and neither I've lived or worked in NY.So, I was thinking that you may share some solid practical information on the same to fill-up this void at least to some extent...

Look forward to hear from you.

P.S: Happy Independence day in advance!

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

MBA Admissions Consulting
WE: Consulting (Education)
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 22

Re: Can you provide info on New York's contribution in CBS MBA? [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2013, 13:08
Hey debayan222 - Happy Independence Day to you too and thanks for the question!

We hate to do this to you but... we can't really answer the first one. That's for you to find out in your research for Columbia Business School! If it wasn't literally an essay question that they've asked, we'd be more inclined to answer - 'cuz there's a lot we could say about that. :-D

We can say that Columbia has a strong real estate program, so you're being smart by targeting them for that. The NYC real estate market is something to explore - it's a bit of a different animal compared to economies and markets in other cities. You'll need to do some digging in terms of job prospects - and obviously it totally depends on what you intend to do in RE since it's a very big category.

You have the right idea, in terms of hitting people up for their opinions and insights - that can be a great way to gather some info about this school and the city. If it weren't for our pesky policy of never telling people what to write in their essays we would surely be able to do more with it. :-)

(The real risk of us answering a question like that publicly is if we do, then EVERYBODY WILL WRITE THE SAME THING IN THEIR DARNED ESSAY. It won't help you nor would it help them. And we won't answer a question like that privately 'cuz ... well, we just won't.)

Good luck with it! If you have another question for us not to answer we hope you'll post it!!! :-D

EssaySnark

PS we're totally kidding, hope that's clear.

EssaySnark Essays Reviewed on GMAT Club FOR FREE!

Expert Post
BSchool Forum Moderator
Followers: 81

Kudos [?]: 544 [0], given: 105

Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Can you provide info on New York's contribution in CBS MBA? [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2013, 13:39
Expert's post
essaysnark wrote:
Hey debayan222 - Happy Independence Day to you too and thanks for the question!

We hate to do this to you but... we can't really answer the first one. That's for you to find out in your research for Columbia Business School! If it wasn't literally an essay question that they've asked, we'd be more inclined to answer - 'cuz there's a lot we could say about that. :-D

We can say that Columbia has a strong real estate program, so you're being smart by targeting them for that. The NYC real estate market is something to explore - it's a bit of a different animal compared to economies and markets in other cities. You'll need to do some digging in terms of job prospects - and obviously it totally depends on what you intend to do in RE since it's a very big category.

You have the right idea, in terms of hitting people up for their opinions and insights - that can be a great way to gather some info about this school and the city. If it weren't for our pesky policy of never telling people what to write in their essays we would surely be able to do more with it. :-)

(The real risk of us answering a question like that publicly is if we do, then EVERYBODY WILL WRITE THE SAME THING IN THEIR DARNED ESSAY. It won't help you nor would it help them. And we won't answer a question like that privately 'cuz ... well, we just won't.)

Good luck with it! If you have another question for us not to answer we hope you'll post it!!! :-D

EssaySnark

PS we're totally kidding, hope that's clear.

Hey Essaysnark,
Thanks for your reply.

Well,first of all what I wanted to know from you is ALL raw information nothing else...and I guess that is something you can gather from talking to people especially experts who've deep insights.I honestly don't see any harm to it - but a policy is a policy and you'll not gonna change that either for me or anybody else! I completely understand that.

Let me please clarify that I never asked for direct essay inputs...However, my apologies if it's improperly communicated!

Re risk projection- I think you've an essay evaluation service here for us and through that the same (although sanitized) will be posted on the forum...that too is public Sir!

Anyways, frankly I'd have loved to get some thoughts from you through PM (I think policy shouldn't be so stern that it affects the community :wink: ).

Thanks again for your candid response.

UPDATED : e-GMAT SC Resources-Consolidated || ALL RC Resources-Consolidated || ALL SC Resources-Consolidated || UPDATED : AWA compilations-109 Analysis of Argument Essays || NEW !!! GMAC's IR Prep Tool

GMAT Club guide - OG 11-12-13 || Veritas Blog || Manhattan GMAT Blog

KUDOS please, if you like the post or if it helps :-)

MBA Admissions Consulting
WE: Consulting (Education)
Followers: 37

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 22

Re: Can you provide info on New York's contribution in CBS MBA? [#permalink] New post 03 Jul 2013, 13:42
debayan222 wrote:
I think you've an essay evaluation service here for us and through that the same (although sanitized) will be posted on the forum...that too is public Sir!

We're big believers in providing accurate, actionable info and insights about how to apply to bschool and you won't find a greater proponent of sharing information. In our essay reviews however we only ever publish BAD ESSAYS - if someone submits an essay that's really good, we will talk about what they did well and explain their goodness in our own words but we will never publish the actual draft.

EssaySnark

EssaySnark Essays Reviewed on GMAT Club FOR FREE!

Re: Can you provide info on New York's contribution in CBS MBA?   [#permalink] 03 Jul 2013, 13:42