Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 27 Aug 2014, 05:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Can you see what you got wrong on GMAT?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Can you see what you got wrong on GMAT? [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2014, 13:32
I'm sure the answer is no, but...

After averaging 740 on practice tests for the better part of a month, I got a 710 on the GMAT. My Quant score was 58th percentile, even though my practice Quant scores went like this: 73rd%, 85th%, 92nd%, 98th%, 92nd%.

When I finished the test, I stared incredulously at the screen. I thought I was reading it wrong. It's still blowing my mind.

So is there anyway to go back into a testing center and see what you got wrong?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q43 V35
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Can you see what you got wrong on GMAT? [#permalink] New post 07 Jan 2014, 13:37
no not possible, you will never find out unfortunately.
Expert Post
GMAT Pill Instructor
Followers: 287

Kudos [?]: 641 [0], given: 6

Re: Can you see what you got wrong on GMAT? [#permalink] New post 08 Jan 2014, 12:52
Expert's post
Unfortunately no. The only way to get close is on the diagnostic practice test where you can see which specific questions you got wrong and which section is weakest. That still doesn't let you have the chance at looking at the actual test itself and finding detailed information.

To launch a full-scale investigation into your test is something extremely unusual and even then they most likely would not let you know the specifics.

Going from 740 to 710 on the real thing is entirely possible and normal. There can be a wide range depending on nerves, probability, luck, # of difficult questions and so forth. If you browse around the forum, there have been a number of horror stories of test-takers in the 700 range falling in the low 600 range. So we at GMAT Pill recommend doing "practice sprints" to improve your duration - and also to take practice tests simulating exam mode with the same sense of urgency having the future "on the line".

... and more

Image What's Inside GMAT Pill?

Zeke Lee, GMAT Pill Study Method (Study Less. Score More.)

GMAT Pill Reviews | GMAT PILL Free Practice Test

Re: Can you see what you got wrong on GMAT?   [#permalink] 08 Jan 2014, 12:52