Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Jul 2014, 11:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Canadian MBA programs - successful admits post here!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 700 Q V
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 5

Canadian MBA programs - successful admits post here! [#permalink] New post 07 May 2010, 09:56
Just wanted to get an idea of the type of applicant profile various Canadian MBA schools are looking for.

This forum's got a lot of great threads for international schools outside of North America, but I haven't seen many for the Canadian schools so thought I'd start up this thread to group them all together.

So if you got in, congrats! Mind sharing your profile and which schools you applied for/got accepted to?
Current Student
Schools: Schulich class of 2012
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 2

Re: Canadian MBA programs - successful admits post here! [#permalink] New post 10 May 2010, 17:52
I applied to some of the big guns in Canada:

Desautels (McGill) - Dinged w/o interview
Rotman (UofT) - Admitted w/ interview
Molson (Concordia) - Admitted w/o interview
Schulich (York) - Admitted w/o interview + scholarship money

My profile is 23, M, B.A. in Communications, 690 GMAT, 2.5 years WE in Marketing Communications with a small labour union, .5 years with a newspaper in advertising, 3.8 GPA.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Dalhousie School of Business (Corporate Residency MBA)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 8

Re: Canadian MBA programs - successful admits post here! [#permalink] New post 11 May 2010, 17:50
Applied for one and only one: Dalhousie's CRMBA (Nova Scotia)

Admitted, I think all the numbers are in my profile on the left.

One reason I decided to apply to the CRMBA is because I didn't have sustained corporate work experience the CRMBA gives you that. Plus it's a fast track program and that appealed to me too.

I'm a current Corporate Residency MBA student at Dalhousie University (Nova Scotia, Canada).
This account is to help spread the word about this unique program, as well as to help provide a student perspective for MBA applications and GMAT experiences.

Every week I publish a blog about life in the CRMBA by interviewing current students. Find us on Twitter and Facebook, or post any questions/comments/concerns in this thread here on gmatclub.com

Highlights of the program include:

Specifically designed by Corporations/Employers, No work experience necessary, 8-month paid corporate residency, Grades/GMAT score not the main focus for admittance

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Canadian MBA programs - successful admits post here! [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2010, 09:52
Turning 24, Male
GMAT 670
Undergrad: Western BMOS low 70s avg last two years
Work: Two years finance & Accting.

McMaster Degroote -> Admitted without interview. Very effeicent school, took them one day to process my admission after all the materials have been recieved. They also have a nice website that kept me up to date on my application status and what materials they've recieved.

York Schulich -> Admitted without interview (I'm not sure if they interview at all). Not so efficient school and communication is not very proactive. I had to call in multiple times to check in on the status of them recieveing my application materials. Took them 4 days to process my application after all the materials are recieved, although I had to call in to ask them for an expidation (although I'm not sure if it made a big difference).
Current Student
Schools: Schulich class of 2012
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 41 [0], given: 2

Re: Canadian MBA programs - successful admits post here! [#permalink] New post 15 Jun 2010, 19:46
UD2 wrote:
Turning 24, Male
GMAT 670
Undergrad: Western BMOS low 70s avg last two years
Work: Two years finance & Accting.

McMaster Degroote -> Admitted without interview. Very effeicent school, took them one day to process my admission after all the materials have been recieved. They also have a nice website that kept me up to date on my application status and what materials they've recieved.

York Schulich -> Admitted without interview (I'm not sure if they interview at all). Not so efficient school and communication is not very proactive. I had to call in multiple times to check in on the status of them recieveing my application materials. Took them 4 days to process my application after all the materials are recieved, although I had to call in to ask them for an expidation (although I'm not sure if it made a big difference).

Holy moly, that is quick turnaround!

Schulich was the quickest, and they took about 4 weeks to give me my admit decision. All the rest took at least as long. Concordia took almost 3 months!
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Canadian MBA programs - successful admits post here! [#permalink] New post 27 Nov 2013, 22:02
krussell wrote:
I applied to some of the big guns in Canada:

Desautels (McGill) - Dinged w/o interview
Rotman (UofT) - Admitted w/ interview
Molson (Concordia) - Admitted w/o interview
Schulich (York) - Admitted w/o interview + scholarship money

My profile is 23, M, B.A. in Communications, 690 GMAT, 2.5 years WE in Marketing Communications with a small labour union, .5 years with a newspaper in advertising, 3.8 GPA.

how do u like schulich

Help me decide which Canadian mba program to go to next yr
-Dalhousie CR-MBA (1x 8 month work term)
-Laurier MBA co-op (x2 4month work terms)
-McMaster MBA co-op (x3 4month work terms)

Re: Canadian MBA programs - successful admits post here!   [#permalink] 27 Nov 2013, 22:02