Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 04:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Cancelled my score

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Cancelled my score [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2013, 18:11
This post was
BOOKMARKED
So I took the GMAT today and it was a disaster.

I have a fever and didn't sleep much last night so I took the 8 minute break after AWA & IR to go to the restroom.

Being an idiot, I didn't keep an accurate track of the time, ended up losing a minute on Quant, and everything just went downhill from there.

I panicked on the first question, and took too much time on the ones that followed trying to catch up. I ended up completing only 24 questions before time expired.

Verbal, I probably guessed 5 or 6 at the end. I was so rattled by my Quant performance that I never really recovered.

I had only really prepared for about 10-14 days, and that too, didn't practice many problems, but I scored 650 on a GMATPrep test yesterday (41Q,37V), so I thought it was worth taking the risk.

I know cancelling scores looks terrible on a score report but in light of how badly the test went, I think I made the correct decision.......right?

I'm going to start over in a day or two. I had planned to apply Round 2 to a bunch of schools next week but obviously that's not going to happen.

I guess I'm just looking for advice on how to reflect on this performance and prepare for next time, which will have to be relatively soon because its very likely I am going to have to apply R3 to most schools.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2274

Kudos [?]: 8787 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Cancelled my score [#permalink] New post 05 Jan 2013, 21:59
Expert's post
It is fine - do not worry about it.
things happen and sometimes you may need to reschedule. It is actually not bad either way (canceled or low score), which if an admissions committee has a brain, they will equate but will figure something unusual took place, so nothing to get hung up on. However, as I said - do not worry about it at all.

The adcom will ask for the score
You will put the highest score into your application.
They will verify that you indeed have that score (one of their student workers most likely)
That's it. Only if you are very similar to a large pool of applicants will they dig into your score reports and look at it, which again, don't think is an issue at all.

So, get some sleep - feel better and good luck next month!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Cancelled my score [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2013, 21:20
bb wrote:
It is fine - do not worry about it.
things happen and sometimes you may need to reschedule. It is actually not bad either way (canceled or low score), which if an admissions committee has a brain, they will equate but will figure something unusual took place, so nothing to get hung up on. However, as I said - do not worry about it at all.

The adcom will ask for the score
You will put the highest score into your application.
They will verify that you indeed have that score (one of their student workers most likely)
That's it. Only if you are very similar to a large pool of applicants will they dig into your score reports and look at it, which again, don't think is an issue at all.

So, get some sleep - feel better and good luck next month!

Thanks for the encouragement bb.

I'm actually thinking I should take a bit longer to ensure I score 700+.

I'm thinking of signing up for a class. Since I was scoring about 650 after 2 weeks of prep, which would you recommend?

I'm leaning towards Manhattan GMAT but I'm also considering Veritas Prep. Your thoughts on this?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
Affiliations: UA-1K, SPG-G, HH-D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Hospitality and Tourism)
Followers: 2274

Kudos [?]: 8787 [0], given: 3666

GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member CAT Tests
Re: Cancelled my score [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2013, 21:55
Expert's post
I think both classes are strong and quite good taking into consideration the new revised Veritas Books.

I would take a look at the instructors and see if you can make your choice based on the instructor reviews here: http://gmatclub.com/reviews/highest-rat ... nstructors

Best Regards,
BB

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... | Want to know your GMAT Score? Try GMAT Score Estimator
Need GMAT Book Recommendations? Best GMAT Books

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Have a blog? Feature it on GMAT Club!

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Re: Cancelled my score   [#permalink] 06 Jan 2013, 21:55