Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 14:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Career Move - Management-Non Profit-MBA - Pls advise

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Career Move - Management-Non Profit-MBA - Pls advise [#permalink] New post 15 Mar 2009, 18:46
I am engineering graduate from a top ranking engineering college in India. I have worked 3 years with a tier-1 financial services company as a project manager. My job involves end to end delivery(from requirement analysis to implementation) of software requirements for enhancing the software application used by our organization in three countries across the globe.
I, now, intend to move on to another job for 2 years with an NGO that is involved with reducing educational inequity. The job here would include teaching primary school students in low income schools and improving the performance of the school by getting higer attendance rates, lower dropouts, better pass percentages, etc.

I would try to enlist a couple of points for the specific experience that i am looking at over here -

a. Community Leadership - Community projects (such as convincing parents in order to get them vested in the process of education, organizing trainings for school teachers to guide them on different forms of pedagogy, etc.)
b. Academic Leadership - Managing a class of 30 students and taking them towards a common academic goal, taking the children from being taught through books to self-attainment of real knowledge by experimentation, reading,discussion & observation.
c. Interacting with Business Leaders & Corporates + Being a part of the masses
d. Interacting with other fellows/my peers

In addition to this experience, I am looking at taking up CFA during this period.

My goal is to take up management consultancy after pursuing my MBA from a top B-school. I have scored 700 on the GMAT.

Looking forward to your advice and opinion on this career move from the perspective that i want to do my MBA after two years from now.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes