Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 14:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Career options after MBA?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Babson '15
GMAT Date: 12-20-2012
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Career options after MBA? [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2012, 12:10
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and I am blown away with the the number of people active and the suggestions which are provided. This is a great vehicle for newbies like me.

I would like to get your suggestions for my case and get your valuable inputs. I have a Masters degree in Electrical engineering and have 8 years of work experience in software industry. Last 4 years of it is in Management including last 3 years as a Senior manager. My pay package is very good overall but I still feel like my resume is still not good enough to get into top companies. The other reason I feel like an MBA is good path for me now is that I feel that I can play a bigger role than just developing software for a particular need within whatever budget and resource constraints we have.

Keeping this in mind, I feel like doing an 1 year degree will help me get this edge. What I wold like to know is which program is more suitable for me, regular MBA or Executive MBA? After completing the degree, what are the career options that I can pursue with my current background. Please let em know if you need more details. thanks in advance for your reply

Karthik
Career options after MBA?   [#permalink] 24 Sep 2012, 12:10