Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 21 Oct 2014, 10:47

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Case prep materials?

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Case prep materials? [#permalink] New post 20 Feb 2012, 13:29
I'm working with a partner to do live case prep, and we've run out of case prep material. Does anyone know a good source of cases with enough data to be suitable for case prep?

I've been through the Case in Point and similar books. Even subscribed to the LOMS program. Any quality sources, even paid ones, would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 May 2011
Posts: 26
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Re: Case prep materials? [#permalink] New post 21 Feb 2012, 13:07
1
This post received
KUDOS
http://www.consultingcase101.com/
500+ real case interview questions given by consulting firms like McKinsey, Bain, BCG, Booz, ATKearney, Accenture, IBM GBS, Deloitte Consulting, ZS Associate, Oliver Wyman, LEK Consulting, Monitor Group, Roland Berger, etc: http://www.consultingcase101.com/

alr4548 wrote:
I'm working with a partner to do live case prep, and we've run out of case prep material. Does anyone know a good source of cases with enough data to be suitable for case prep?

I've been through the Case in Point and similar books. Even subscribed to the LOMS program. Any quality sources, even paid ones, would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Dec 2011
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Case prep materials? [#permalink] New post 11 Mar 2012, 23:48
Search online for consulting club casebooks, no need to pay for them.
_________________

Online Case Interview Prep

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Feb 2012
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Case prep materials? [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2012, 04:57
mbacase wrote:
consultingcase101
500+ real case interview questions given by consulting firms like McKinsey, Bain, BCG, Booz, ATKearney, Accenture, IBM GBS, Deloitte Consulting, ZS Associate, Oliver Wyman, LEK Consulting, Monitor Group, Roland Berger, etc: consultingcase101

alr4548 wrote:
I'm working with a partner to do live case prep, and we've run out of case prep material. Does anyone know a good source of cases with enough data to be suitable for case prep?

I've been through the Case in Point and similar books. Even subscribed to the LOMS program. Any quality sources, even paid ones, would be appreciated.

Thanks.


Thanks, that is a helpful site.

SandervdE wrote:
Search online for consulting club casebooks, no need to pay for them.


Have a few of those books already, my case partner and I have been through them. Maybe it's time for a new partner, instead of a new casebook :wink:
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Dec 2011
Posts: 10
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Case prep materials? [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2012, 05:14
alr4548 wrote:
Have a few of those books already, my case partner and I have been through them. Maybe it's time for a new partner, instead of a new casebook :wink:


:-D

After quite a lot of practice I also found it hard to find good cases. Eventually refined the practice I did with my partner by doing two things:

1. Focusing on initial structure of guesstimates and business cases only, without quantification. We just came up with random business problems, worked on structuring them, and compared our findings.
2. Thinking up your own cases. Learned a lot from that: helps to identify the 'twists' you can encounter in cases.

Good luck!
_________________

Online Case Interview Prep

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 May 2011
Posts: 26
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Case prep materials? [#permalink] New post 12 Mar 2012, 13:16
You should check out: http://www.consultingcase101.com/case-i ... 2011-2012/
tons of people looking for Case Interview Partners all over the world. No matter where you live, you will find someone near you.

alr4548 wrote:
I'm working with a partner to do live case prep, and we've run out of case prep material. Does anyone know a good source of cases with enough data to be suitable for case prep?

I've been through the Case in Point and similar books. Even subscribed to the LOMS program. Any quality sources, even paid ones, would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2012
Posts: 2
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Case prep materials? [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2012, 23:57
Best materials without a doubt are:

1) case interview Secrets by Victor Cheng
2) Case Interview Success, 2nd Edition by Tom Rochtus
3) Case In Point, 7th Edition by Marc Cosentino

Case In Point used to be the killer book some years ago; these days Case Interview Secrets is much more in demand. These books in total have roughly 50 business cases; all available on amazon of course!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 May 2011
Posts: 26
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Case prep materials? [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2012, 09:05
You will have to check out ConsultingCase101:
http://www.consultingcase101.com/

They have 500+ real case interview questions given by top management & strategy consulting firms like McKinsey, Bain, BCG, Booz, ATKearney, Accenture, IBM GBS, Deloitte Consulting, ZS Associate, Oliver Wyman, LEK Consulting, Monitor Group, Roland Berger, etc. All the 500+ cases are categorized by case type, industry, and consulting firms. They are the best case interview preparation materials without a doubt

Samuel006 wrote:
Best materials without a doubt are:

1) case interview Secrets by Victor Cheng
2) Case Interview Success, 2nd Edition by Tom Rochtus
3) Case In Point, 7th Edition by Marc Cosentino

Case In Point used to be the killer book some years ago; these days Case Interview Secrets is much more in demand. These books in total have roughly 50 business cases; all available on amazon of course!
Re: Case prep materials?   [#permalink] 04 Aug 2012, 09:05
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
partner for case prep Postal 1 01 May 2013, 00:31
Case Interview Prep psanyal 4 30 May 2012, 08:38
Case Interview Prep - This Weekend nirvana 0 29 Oct 2009, 10:08
Gmatclubbers - case interview prep Ozmba 0 20 Oct 2008, 18:37
Section on Case interview Prep sm176811 8 18 Nov 2007, 15:01
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Case prep materials?

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.