Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 06:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

CATs ratings from various test providers!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

[#permalink] New post 06 Nov 2006, 09:46
This post received
KUDOS
I am thinking of buying access to GMAT club challanges...I have a question, the 25 challenges were released on 01/01/2006. hasn't there been any development after that...what about the weekly challenges administered after 01/01/2006 ? Do we have to purchase the up to date challanges separately?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Please help! Your opinion about 800 score CATs [#permalink] New post 15 Nov 2006, 16:25
This post received
KUDOS
Hi guys. Could anybody advise me what is the correlation between 800score CAT's scores and real GMAT scores. Do they reflect a real situatioin? And also please let me know your opinion about their questions in comparison with a real thing. Many thanks! :roll:

We can have more than we've got because we can become more than we are.
Jim Rohn

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 3 [1] , given: 0

Good GMAT test? [#permalink] New post 09 Jan 2007, 11:57
This post received
KUDOS
Where can I find some good GMAT test?
1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 4 [1] , given: 0

[#permalink] New post 08 Jul 2007, 11:36
This post received
KUDOS
test999test wrote:
- Veritas (Part of their package)
??

The Veritas CATs are a group of tests packaged from other companies - Arco, 800test, GMATPrep - just in case anyone is wondering.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [1] , given: 0

GMAT Challenges CAT? [#permalink] New post 06 Aug 2007, 14:19
This post received
KUDOS
Hi,
Do you confirm that the GMAT Challenges are CAT?
Do they include verbal also?

Thanks,
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 6 [1] , given: 0

Re: GMAT Challenges CAT? [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2007, 09:56
This post received
KUDOS
GMAT challenges are not adaptive and they are only quants.

gmatmilitary wrote:
Hi,
Do you confirm that the GMAT Challenges are CAT?
Do they include verbal also?

Thanks,
2 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: CFA L3 Candidate, Grad w/ Highest Honors
Schools: Chicago Booth R2 (WL), Wharton R2 w/ int, Kellogg R2 w/ int
WE 1: Global Operations (Futures & Portfolio Financing) - Hedge Fund ($10bn+ Multi-Strat)
WE 2: Investment Analyst (Credit strategies) - Fund of Hedge Fund ($10bn+ Multi-Strat)

Kudos [?]: 29 [2] , given: 9

Disgruntled by GMAT Club math explanations [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2007, 14:31
This post received
KUDOS
I just bought the GMAT club math exams and am disappointed with the explanations. On many of them they just run through the answer without giving an explanation to how they got certain parts within the process. I don’t see how I am to learn from my mistakes when they don’t properly explain how they got their answers. For $80 I was expecting more.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [1] , given: 0

Re: Please help! Your opinion about 800 score CATs [#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2007, 09:24
This post received
KUDOS
ovmaxim wrote:
Hi guys. Could anybody advise me what is the correlation between 800score CAT's scores and real GMAT scores. Do they reflect a real situatioin? And also please let me know your opinion about their questions in comparison with a real thing. Many thanks! :roll:

I just did a few of these 800score tests and also took the real GMAT. Unfortunately the 800score tests are not a good indication of your real score. First, the math is ALOT harder on 800score than the real test. I was consistently not finishing about 3-5 questions on 800score, whereas I finished the real test with about 2 min left. However, the math does help you learn tricks and beat the real challenging problems (which you will only see if you are in the 46-50 range). I felt the verbal was way too easy on 800score. I consistently made 46+ and then made a 36 on the real test. On the GMAT practice tests I was consistently making 42-45, so 800score was pretty easy. Overall I was getting around 700-720 on the 800score and I got a 680 on the real test. I personally wouldn't recommend the 800score tests. Hope this helps.
1 KUDOS received
Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2011
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 83 [1] , given: 1

Re: Disgruntled by GMAT Club math explanations [#permalink] New post 27 Dec 2007, 12:07
This post received
KUDOS
robertrdzak wrote:
I just bought the GMAT club math exams and am disappointed with the explanations. On many of them they just run through the answer without giving an explanation to how they got certain parts within the process. I don’t see how I am to learn from my mistakes when they don’t properly explain how they got their answers. For $80 I was expecting more.

I think that you are supposed to post questions here and get answers on the forum. That seems kind of inconvenient to me, however.
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: UCSD ($) , UCLA, USC ($), Stanford
Followers: 121

Kudos [?]: 1430 [1] , given: 2

Re: CATs ratings from various test providers! [#permalink] New post 24 Feb 2008, 09:34
This post received
KUDOS
The Princeton CATs are good only if you are in the 600 range and want to get to 700 but not necessarily higher than that. If you are a 700+ scorer already, those tests will be on no benefit. The Q in particular is ridiculously easier than the real thing. Again, that's for high scorers. If you are an average scorer, this might be a good start.

Chinese Democracy is misunderstood...at your nearest BestBuy.

Best AWA guide here: how-to-get-6-0-awa-my-guide-64327.html

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 59 [1] , given: 0

Re: CATs ratings from various test providers! [#permalink] New post 08 Mar 2008, 07:30
This post received
KUDOS
thx
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: [#permalink] New post 06 May 2008, 16:12
mayonnai5e wrote:
The Veritas CATs are a group of tests packaged from other companies - Arco, 800test, GMATPrep - just in case anyone is wondering.

Breakdown of the 15 Veritas CAT's:

- Two exams are given free by GMAC, available here: http://www.mba.com/mba/TaketheGMAT/Tool ... ftware.htm

- Three exams are on a CD from the book Master the GMAT 2006. The newest 2008 version of the book, which includes a CD, is available for $23.75 here: http://astore.amazon.com/petersonsbooks ... 0768924480

- Five exams are from 800score.com, available for $24.95 here: http://www.800score.com/5testorder.html

- Five exams are from CATPrep.com, available for $45 here: http://www.catprep.com/exams/gmat/gmat- ... tware.html

Head-to-Head Analysis: Veritas Prep versus Manhattan GMAT

Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE: Business Development (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 15

Re: CATs ratings from various test providers! [#permalink] New post 25 May 2008, 22:52
VeritasPrep tests are horrible! Avoid them!
3 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: McCombs '14
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
GPA: 3.81
WE: Information Technology (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 14 [3] , given: 2

Re: CATs ratings from various test providers! [#permalink] New post 09 Jun 2008, 02:22
This post received
KUDOS
This was very helpful, Thanks.
Director
Director
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 90 [0], given: 25

Re: CATs ratings from various test providers! [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2008, 13:30
I just tried the MGMAT test #1. all I can say is "good god!"
the quant is harder than gmatclub.com's challenge problem set. Most of my questions are 700-800 level and I missed nearly half of them. And I completely mismanaged my time and didn't finish the last 4-5 problem (i bubbled them).

I think I barely missed any problem on GMATprep's math.
Director
Director
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 90 [0], given: 25

Re: Disgruntled by GMAT Club math explanations [#permalink] New post 18 Jun 2008, 13:31
robertrdzak wrote:

You know you can always get much better service by posting your questions here right? :lol:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Ross, Darden, Yale SOM, Wharton, Kellogg (JD/MBA)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Re: CATs ratings from various test providers! [#permalink] New post 10 Sep 2008, 04:57
Kaplan is ridiculous. I scored a 570 on one of their practice CAT tests (after scoring a 660 and a 700 on the official ones). I took the actual GMAT a week later and scored a 710. I get that the Kaplan questions are harder, but scoring that low on a practice test almost shattered my confidence.

"Sic volvere parcas..."

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 0

Re: CATs ratings from various test providers! [#permalink] New post 11 Sep 2008, 17:38
I have a question in regard to study materials. I have a solid foundation on content as far as quant goes but does anyone know of a good book (that's readable within a few weeks) that focuses strictly on strategy, such as guessing strategies, how do better at attacking DS problems, adaptive exam strategies, how to decipher a certain strategy given a certain problem, etc. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 8-)

Factorials were someone's attempt to make math look exciting!!!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: CATs ratings from various test providers! [#permalink] New post 30 Sep 2008, 14:11
Hi.

I have used GPrep, Kaplan, PR and Manhattan tests...during my previous attempt.
I am looking for some representative practice tests. Can anyone enlighten me with few good practice tests?
How are practice tests provided by www.catprep.com ?
I need representative practice, in particular, for verbal.

Thank You.

-3G
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: CATs ratings from various test providers! [#permalink] New post 01 Oct 2008, 01:45
3gmater wrote:
Hi.

I have used GPrep, Kaplan, PR and Manhattan tests...during my previous attempt.
I am looking for some representative practice tests. Can anyone enlighten me with few good practice tests?
How are practice tests provided by http://www.catprep.com ?
I need representative practice, in particular, for verbal.

Thank You.

-3G

I would strongly suggest you to go for MGMAT then. Of all the online tests available, this is the best one and probably a value for money. 6+1 tests for $18. Their explanations are good and elaborated. You may even learn few tricks of how to deal with certain kind of questions.
Re: CATs ratings from various test providers!   [#permalink] 01 Oct 2008, 01:45