Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 16:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

CEIBS

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
CEO
CEO
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 435 [0], given: 0

CEIBS [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2005, 20:11
The China Europe International Business School (CEIBS) provides an 18 month MBA program in English in mainland China. It was established in 1994.

FT 2005 ranks CEIBS #22 worldwide- near Virginia, Toronto, York, and Cornell.

EIU 2003 placed CEIBS #65 worldwide- near Western Ontario and Thunderbird.

Please feel free to add any comments regarding CEIBS.

http://www.ceibs.edu/mba/index.shtml

Thanks to Antmarvel for calling our attention to CEIBS.
CEO
CEO

[#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2005, 17:40
Intl Exchange

http://www.ceibs.edu/mba/curriculum/exc ... 10_4.shtml

An impressive collection of schools including LBS and NYU.
VP
VP
Schools: Tuck'08
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2005, 18:07
I am seriously considering this school for my future MBA so I'll be pleased to exchange about that school which is ranked 22 in the FT world ranking...and it's the only official MBA available in China. Honestly, this school seems not very well known in Europe or in US but in China it is the new growing reference, especially because many chinese CEO's went there to get a better education and to improve their international skills at a time when China was begin to open itself more and more to foreign countries, it helped a lot this school's reputation.

For people that are interested about a Chinese MBA or Masters you can also join the Qinghua University MBA. Qinghua University is generally consider as the best chinese school all over the country, the university is located in the northwestern suburbs of Beijing. Even with no funds at that time, the university developed China's first silicon transistor and first atomic reactor in the 1950s and Qinghua University has today ties with Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the United States concerning the MBA program, however I think that the MBA is all in chinese so still not accessible for everybody.

Another great school to check is Fudan University, originally called Fudan Public School, was founded in 1905 in Shanghai, it is now is one of the leading universities in China and currently the total enrollment of Fudan University is more than 36,000 students. The school is very famous in the chinese business world, however no MBA available yet but many Masters. I am not sure that Masters are available in English language so this has to be checked.

Feel free to contact me and happy chinese new year :wink:
CEO
CEO

[#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2005, 00:13
Thanks Antmavel for the summary of Chinese schools.

NYU provides this description of CEIBS

http://www.stern.nyu.edu/mba/international/CEIBS.htm
CEO
CEO

[#permalink] New post 04 Feb 2005, 00:47
Note that there are accredited business schools in Hong Kong including the Chinese Univ of Hong Kong, City University of Hong Kong, and HKUST.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

CEIBS [#permalink] New post 28 Mar 2005, 03:23
Hi all,

I had applied to CEIBS for MBA program. I have a strong engineering background and have 3 years of experience in IT Industry. I intend to do majors in Finance. Recently I got a notification from CEIBS saying that I have been short-listed for CEIBS MBA programme. (I have got admit from AIM Manila, CUHK and HKU too!)

I am looking for 3 things through CEIBS MBA program:
(1) Diverse alumni network
(2) Quality education, international experience & expertise in Finance
- Would be learning about 2 market economies (China & EU) at one go.
(3) Placement in Shanghai/HK, which will expose me to international
financial markets

In that context, I wanted more info regarding job placements. Do
companies in china/HK/Singapore prefer mainland chinese students to
international students? Is is true that international students have
tough time finding jobs/summer internship in China/HK? Please help.

Thanks!
Regards,
Mooz
CEO
CEO

[#permalink] New post 31 Mar 2005, 08:46
Information on CEIBS seems a bit sparse but the school provides the following information:

The percentage of international students is quite low even by US standards (c. 19%). However, like the US, China is a large country with high levels of internal cultural diversity so it is unclear if the percentage of intl. students is particularly meaningful.

CEIBS asserts that 99% of students find employment within 3 months of graduation.

It says that it is one of the first business schools in the region with a dedicated career development office

CEIBS is one of the few schools in the region to qualify under the UK's Highly Skilled Migrant Programme MBA Provision

http://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/pre_budge ... _admba.cfm
CEO
CEO

[#permalink] New post 03 May 2005, 17:56
Value Considerations

Tuition: $25,000 (International Students for all 18 months)

http://www.ceibs.edu/mba/admissions/exp ... ndex.shtml
Director
Director
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 10 Dec 2005, 00:41
All these Chinese MBA schools - CEIBS, Beijing, Tsinghua, Fudan, and many more - provide IMBA programs (MBA in English) now.

Auge um Auge, Zahn um Zahn :twisted: !

CEO
CEO

[#permalink] New post 12 Dec 2005, 14:31
Yes, there are many programs in China offered in English. Most, however, have little global name recognition and are not accredited by the major intl. organizations. This does not mean that they are inferior programs but is worth keeping in mind.
VP
VP

Kudos [?]: 26 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2006, 20:07
My relatives just alerted me to this school, apparenlty CEIBS is pretty hot right now in China. I just went to their website, looks quite interesting.

Am thinking of applying it this year.

Gamjatang, I could be your classmate! :wink:

But again, as Hjort said, I'm a little skeptical about the recognition the school has from int'l organizations. I think if you are willing to relocate and move to Asia to work, this might work for you. However, if you are planning to stay in N. America, maybe a US school is a better choice.

Don't be afraid to take a flying leap of faith.. If you risk nothing, than you gain nothing...

VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2006, 20:29
I dont know...I don't think it's worth it and except the 99%, I dont see any strong advantage. I think this program is suitable for chinese citizens or people with chinese origins that wish to come back to china and work for multinationals. If you belong to that pool, it is a very good track, if not i have a lot of doubts about it. Moreover as a business leader, you can't be 100% sure that your life will be in China forever which means that generally speaking you should be careful when choosing a very specific and specialized MBA that could not be very helpful if your career had made a u-turn

Last edited by Antmavel on 24 Jan 2006, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2006, 20:32
Antmavel wrote:
I dont know...I don't think it's worth it and except the 99%, I dont see any strong advantage. I think this program is suitable for chinese citizens or people with chinese origins that wish to come back to china and work for multinationals.

That would be me :) But I'm still skeptical just because I have yet to figure out what I really want to do.

I think ultimately it all boils down to: Where do you want to be? in 10, 15, 20 years? Geographically. If the answer is Asia, then CEIBS would obviously be a good choice.

Don't be afraid to take a flying leap of faith.. If you risk nothing, than you gain nothing...

VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2006, 20:36
so i wish you good luck
did you have a look on other mba's in china ?

if you can speak chinese, did you check Tsinghua or Fudan ? I am pretty sure they offer a great degree too, however the employers may only be chinese companies so it depends on which structure and kind of companies you would like to work

I hesitated but I finally chose to only apply in the US. It was a personal choice and also because I am neither chinese nor foreigner with chinese origins, so the CEIBS MBA would not have been suitable in terms of future placement.
VP
VP

[#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2006, 20:44
I practically grew up here in the US so I'm not sure what it would be like to work/live in China/Asia. Scary :? My ultimate goal is still to stay in So Cal but we'll see...

But from the CEIBS's website, seems like alot of Fortune 500's China counterparts are recruiting...Nestle, Apple, IBM etc....

Director
Director

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 07 Feb 2006, 01:16
TeHCM wrote:
My relatives just alerted me to this school, apparenlty CEIBS is pretty hot right now in China. I just went to their website, looks quite interesting.

Am thinking of applying it this year.

Gamjatang, I could be your classmate! :wink:

But again, as Hjort said, I'm a little skeptical about the recognition the school has from int'l organizations. I think if you are willing to relocate and move to Asia to work, this might work for you. However, if you are planning to stay in N. America, maybe a US school is a better choice.

Yep. Hope we could be classmates :-)

I was born in Asia, raised in Asia, and works in Asia.
That's why I chose Chinese B-schools.
I guess things might be different to you.

Anyways, CEIBS ranked FT #21 this year.

:-)

Auge um Auge, Zahn um Zahn :twisted: !

Intern
Intern

Also consider Beijing International MBA (Bimba) [#permalink] New post 02 Mar 2006, 23:34
Hi Guys,

I got admitted to a top MBA program in China : the Beijing International MBA (Bimba) at Peking University. This program belongs to Peking University, the most famous in China. The MBA degree is granted by Fordham University (AACSB) and recognized by the Chinese Ministry of Education.

Rankings :
- 1st in "most valuable school in China" (Fortune, chinese version)
- 1st in "Business school with the highest full-time program graduates' incomes in China" (Fortune, chinese version)
- 2nd in "the most valuable program in China" (Forbes, chinese version)

Main features :
- program taught in english
- 18 months program with 3 month internship
- 2 concentrations : general management or finance
- Chinese business focus
- small classes : 50 students
- intake : mid-june 2006
- all multinationals companies in China come to recruit on campus : consulting, finance, manufacturing...

More details : http://www.bimba.edu.cn

Cheers,

Mickael, Beijing
SVP
SVP
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 109 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2006, 02:39
mcflybreizh

Congratulation, friend~!!! :)

I'm also in China now and may consider a Chinese B-school in future ( up to my budget then). Is the requirement of Peking univ's MBA very high?!! Can you share with us your profile?!! Thank you so much!!
CEO
CEO

[#permalink] New post 03 Mar 2006, 04:03
mcflybreizh,

Thanks for the info. on the Beijing International MBA. Did you consider CEIBS as well?
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 05 Mar 2006, 18:23
The requirements for Bimba are the same as in the top US B-schools. It is very competitive for chinese students, I do not know for international applicants. You have to go through an interview. The most important is to explain why you want to get a MBA in China and why Bimba which offers a china-focus program.

My stats :
- european student
- Master degree in international business
- no GPA but my grades are equivalent to B
- 3 years of work experience in international sales in small companies
- GMAT : have not taken yet

Hjort : I did not consider CEIBS for personal reasons : I wanted to relocate myself only in Beijing. I have heard really good things about CEIBS.
  [#permalink] 05 Mar 2006, 18:23