Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 16 Apr 2014, 12:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Chance?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Chance? [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2004, 13:12
Any Help appreciated. I am 24 years old, I got a 640 on my GMAT, I had a SUB PAR GPA of 2.5 as a Theater Arts major, due to the various productions that required extensive time commitments.

During college I held two full time summer associate postions for a Fortune 10 company, and went on to work for this employer after graduating with steadily increasing responsibility. If I am able to craft a good application and mitigate my GPA, what are my chances at Keenan Flagler.

THEO

Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 305 [0], given: 58

GMAT Tests User
Re: Chance? [#permalink] New post 10 Aug 2004, 15:33
Expert's post
Theo23 wrote:
Any Help appreciated. I am 24 years old, I got a 640 on my GMAT, I had a SUB PAR GPA of 2.5 as a Theater Arts major, due to the various productions that required extensive time commitments.

During college I held two full time summer associate postions for a Fortune 10 company, and went on to work for this employer after graduating with steadily increasing responsibility. If I am able to craft a good application and mitigate my GPA, what are my chances at Keenan Flagler.

K-F is a stretch for you. It isn't out of the question, but between the below average GPA and the below average GMAT, they are going to wonder if you can handle the program.

For more information on applying with low stats, please see "MBA Admissions: Applying with a Low GPA/GMAT"
Good luck!

Linda Abraham
Accepted
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

CEO
CEO
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 426 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2004, 09:33
Greetings Theo23,

A few questions for you:

Did you have any quant coursework in college?
How did you do in those classes?
What was the grade trend in college?
Have you taken any postgrad courses?
Do you hold any professional designations such as CMA, CFA, CFM, CIA, etc.?

Hjort
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Hjort [#permalink] New post 19 Aug 2004, 10:38
Thanks for getting back, I haven't logged on in a while. I took Math in high school through Calc AP, therefore I was waived from most of my math classes due to the BA requirements. I took Quantative reasoning and received a B- largely because of my lack of effort. I am currently enrolled at a university at night taking Statitics and Micro in attempt to show the admissions committee what my quantatative ability is . My goal is to achieve an A in both. I am realistic with my profile. I would just like to get into K-F. My work experience is quantative/marketing/ analysis. Any feedback again appreciated thanks.
Also I would like your thoughts on the overall trend we will see in the coming year with regard to b-school applicants. K-F for instance has trended down in GMAT over the past two years and the selectivity has gone up to 36%. Any thoughts thanks.

THEO

CEO
CEO
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 426 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Aug 2004, 21:52
The median GMAT for the FT program appears to have declined from 680 to 660 for the class of 2006. The median was 680 for at least the previous 3 years.

Hjort