Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Sep 2014, 11:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Chance at IE or ESADE MiF with this profile?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Chance at IE or ESADE MiF with this profile? [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2013, 10:20
GPA: 3.0/4.0, University of Mary Washington (US), Bachelor Business Administration (graduated spring 2013)

GMAT: 680 (2nd Attempt - 42Q, 40V, 2 IR)

Internships and EC's:
Currently a portfolio management intern for a boutique hybrid PWM / PE multi-family office
Previous summer finance internship at world's leading satellite telecom company
Previous summer project management internship at an interior design/ remodeling firm
Previous summer mechanical technician internship at a NASA contractor
Performed an independent study financial research project in senior year under supervision of Finance professor
Currently volunteer as a financial mentor for individuals/ families with low income and high debt
Previous volunteer experience for the Moroccan American Network to help set up their first CEO Summit
Active member of the Urban Land Institute (real estate organization) and my city's Citizen's Association
Operate and own a small financial news aggregation website and building a software application based off of a similar concept
Fluent in Farsi, basic proficiency in French

Can I get in? Is my GMAT too low? I am studying to take my GMAT again in Mid-December to apply at other schools like Bocconi and St. Gallen, but is my current profile competitive enough to secure a spot at IE and ESADE? Thanks in advance for all the help guys...
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.86
WE: Analyst (Advertising and PR)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 28 [0], given: 3

Re: Chance at IE or ESADE MiF with this profile? [#permalink] New post 04 Nov 2013, 00:52
Hi, I spoke to the IE representative yesterday, and he said GMAT score of 700 or above is the competitive score that IE looks for. For ST Gallen, given your GPA, I would recommend you to get GMAT score of at least 740. It gives 50% weight on GMAT, 30% on GPA (relevant subjects), 10% on statement of purpose, and 15% on CV. However, if your GMAT score and GPA meet its criteria, the rest will not be considered. For further information, you can check on its website about the admission criteria.

Don't be afraid to fail, but be afraid not to try

Re: Chance at IE or ESADE MiF with this profile?   [#permalink] 04 Nov 2013, 00:52