Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Apr 2014, 19:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Chance to accounting schools

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Chance to accounting schools [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2012, 01:24
Hi guys, I recently got my GMAT score of 610 :( . And my GPA is around 3.8-3.9.

I'm planning to apply the UT-AUSTIN, WAKE FOREST, VIRGINIA and INDIANA-BLOOMINGTON on 2013 fall.

Should I apply those schools with 610 GMAT or retake it because my GMAT is below the average score.

Thanks
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

Re: Chance to accounting schools [#permalink] New post 03 Aug 2012, 11:55
Those are good stats IMO im assuming you undergrad was in Accounting. I had a 550 GMAT, 3.4 GPA but alot of extracurriculars(Im guessing it helped that I was a minority student)(First time taking the GMAT). I got in to Wake Forest and some other good schools. If I were you since your applying in 2013 Id take it again unless you've taken the GMAT alot of times and this is your highest score you can probably do better. Another question you should ask yourself is how important financial aid is to you. A 610 compared to a GMAT score in the upper 600s can mean alot financial aid wise. you already have a great GPA. Im sure youd get accepted into most of those schools but if I could do it again I would have taken more time to study for the GMAT to gain more financial aid opportunities. Also take the time to find some good recommendations. Everything matters and makes a difference.
Intern
Intern

Re: Chance to accounting schools [#permalink] New post 04 Aug 2012, 18:59
Thanks for reply, So 610 GMAT score is not a big problem if I dont consider the financial aid?
Intern
Intern

Re: Chance to accounting schools [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2012, 07:59
I would try and take the GMAT again. 610 is definitely on the low end for Texas, especially if you want to have an advantage over the rest of the class. Good luck!
Intern
Intern

Re: Chance to accounting schools [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2012, 18:47
Thanks... I will retake it... by the way, whats the competitive score for Texas?
Intern
Intern

Re: Chance to accounting schools [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2012, 20:07
I would probably say at least 650. That's only 40 points, you can do it! Let me know if you apply. I went to UT undergrad and am applying to Texas, Texas A&M, Illinois, and Vanderbilt.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern

Re: Chance to accounting schools [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2012, 21:15
got it..... thanks !
Intern
Intern

Re: Chance to accounting schools [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2012, 21:23
Let me know if you have any questions about UT, Austin, the state of Texas or anything related! I've been here (Texas) all my life and Austin for the past seven years. I love it!
Intern
Intern

Re: Chance to accounting schools [#permalink] New post 17 Aug 2012, 06:23
Hi, do you have any idea about the new MSF program of UT-AUSTIN. I cant find any placement or employment stats on its website. I suppose those stats should be good since UT-AUSTIN is a top business school.
I'm majoring in both finance and accounting. So i will probably apply for the MPA and MSF (if it has a good placement and starting salary) program in 2013 fall.

regards
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 4

GMAT ToolKit User GMAT Tests User
Re: Chance to accounting schools [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 09:15
really is it worth to change it !!
Re: Chance to accounting schools   [#permalink] 05 Oct 2012, 09:15