Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 03:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Chances at <elbourne business school

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Chances at <elbourne business school [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2008, 07:23
hello friends,
this is my profile below. Do I stand a chance in Melbourne business school?
I have scored 670 in my GMAT and 110 in TOEFL. Can you ppl

Thx
Saturnic

EXPERIENCE

At Present:

Working as Assit.Manager (Accountant and Finance) at manufacturing firm Shoe Fashions, Agra, since 2006 to 2008
• Job includes monitoring and managing financial transactions, P&L management.
• Cost management and taxation matters.

New Age Infosys: Proprietor and CEO: From 2003 to 2005
• Led 12 men team in the field of the marketing of communication and security equipments.

As an Audit Clerk at G.Chaturvedi & Co., chartered Accountants, Agra: From 1998 to 2002

Jobs involved:
• Annual audit of Allahabad Bank, Central Bank
• Statutory audit of Allahabad Bank
• Tax audits Of various firms
• Dealing in Sales Tax matters

Did 3 years training as article clerk with G. Chaturvedi & Co. Chartered Accountants, 22/25 Sanjay Place, Agra, as per rules of The Institute of chartered accountants of India.

EDUCATION

• B. Com. from Dr. B. R. Ambedkar University, Agra in 1999.
• Group 1 of PE2 examination conducted by The Institute of chartered accountants of India.
• Have a sound knowledge of Accounting standards and SAP issued by The Institute of chartered accountants of India.
• Have a working knowledge of Sales tax, Income tax.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

• Have won several online creative writing contests.
• Represented College teams Cricket.
• Participated District chess championship
• Worked for an NGO for orphans
• Other interests include traveling and reading book, listening and knowing people from different societies and cultures.
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: LBS '11
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 3

Re: Chances at <elbourne business school [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2008, 22:02
What's your breakdown (verbal/math) on the GMAT, saturnicverses? I think you're above the average GMAT for MBS (IIRC, it's around 640-660), but if you're in the highly-competitive Indian pool, you may need to have differentiating factors in other areas as well.
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Chances at <elbourne business school [#permalink] New post 19 Dec 2008, 22:25
prashok wrote:
What's your breakdown (verbal/math) on the GMAT, saturnicverses? I think you're above the average GMAT for MBS (IIRC, it's around 640-660), but if you're in the highly-competitive Indian pool, you may need to have differentiating factors in other areas as well.

my breakup is Quant 46 and verbal 35
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Chances at <elbourne business school [#permalink] New post 21 Dec 2008, 23:43
That's a pretty good score for MBS, though it would be better to have a more balanced verbal score.

I would say that your stats are competitive, but being in the Indian pool will make things difficult -- so differentiating yourself in your essays and your overall application package will be key.

Probably worth asking Paul as well for his opinion, if you haven't done so already:
Manager
Manager
Schools: ISB, Tuck, Michigan (Ross), Darden, MBS
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Chances at <elbourne business school [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2008, 09:18
Hi Prashok,
I'd like your advice on a couple of things ..

I am an Indian - with 2.5 yrs of work ex and good career progression with a Top MNC

GMAT Score - 720 (V41. Q49)

What are my chances of making it to MBS?

-----------------------------------------------------------
'It's not the ride, it's the rider'

CEO
CEO
Followers: 57

Kudos [?]: 443 [0], given: 210

Re: Chances at <elbourne business school [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2008, 13:43
GMBA85 - thats a fantastic score for MBS - but Australian schools tend to like >3 years of WE. Having said that I think you have a shot.
Good luck.
GMBA85 wrote:
Hi Prashok,
I'd like your advice on a couple of things ..

I am an Indian - with 2.5 yrs of work ex and good career progression with a Top MNC

GMAT Score - 720 (V41. Q49)

What are my chances of making it to MBS?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Re: Chances at <elbourne business school [#permalink] New post 30 Dec 2008, 22:45
bsd_lover wrote:
GMBA85 - thats a fantastic score for MBS - but Australian schools tend to like >3 years of WE. Having said that I think you have a shot.
Good luck.

Agreed with bsd_lover -- the GMAT score will set you well above par, but AFAIK both AGSM and MBS have higher average age and work experience numbers than the US schools (and even some European programs). If you have solid work progression or some notable accomplishments to write about, I too think the chances can be pretty good.
Re: Chances at <elbourne business school   [#permalink] 30 Dec 2008, 22:45