Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:15 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Status:Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Own Kudos [?]: 204 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools:HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V49
GPA: 3.8
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Re: Chances at Rotman - GMAT 670 [#permalink]
diegonator wrote:
Hi all, I was wondering if you could assess my profile in relation to admission at Rotman, University of Toronto.

Demographically I am a duel-citizen (Canada and Colombia) and speak Spanish fluently.

I am an economics graduate from Wilfrid Laurier in Waterloo. Unfortunately my overall undergraduate GPA is very low due to a lack of maturity and concern for the future. Thankfully I do meet their 3.0 minimum for last year of studies. I am concerned that the overall GPA though will still factor in. I also did not pass Calculus which I think will factor in heavily. I was thinking of retaking Calculus at U of T and submit my mark in the application - any thoughts?

After I graduated from Wilfrid Laurier in 2010, I took a post-graduate certificate at Conestoga College in computer programming, which I did do very well in (3.87 out of 4).

I've been working at a medium sized market research company as a programmer and am hoping to have two years of experience by the time I would start an MBA.

I scored a 670 on my GMAT (45Q and 37V).

Any feedback would be much appreciated!!

Hi,

You have an average GMAT Score with an Average GPA, so you have to score high in terms of exhibiting your other strengths

I would suggest you to apply with strong essays and recommendations, I would also suggest you to exhibit diversity that you would bring out to the campus with dual citizenship and exposure to dual culture that you have

With reference to Calculus, I would suggest you meet the admissions director in person and discuss the same with valid reasons and your game plan to improve on the same by the time the course starts.

Hope this helps

Thanks
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
diegonator wrote:
Hi all, I was wondering if you could assess my profile in relation to admission at Rotman, University of Toronto.

Demographically I am a duel-citizen (Canada and Colombia) and speak Spanish fluently.

I am an economics graduate from Wilfrid Laurier in Waterloo. Unfortunately my overall undergraduate GPA is very low due to a lack of maturity and concern for the future. Thankfully I do meet their 3.0 minimum for last year of studies. I am concerned that the overall GPA though will still factor in. I also did not pass Calculus which I think will factor in heavily. I was thinking of retaking Calculus at U of T and submit my mark in the application - any thoughts?

After I graduated from Wilfrid Laurier in 2010, I took a post-graduate certificate at Conestoga College in computer programming, which I did do very well in (3.87 out of 4).

I've been working at a medium sized market research company as a programmer and am hoping to have two years of experience by the time I would start an MBA.

I scored a 670 on my GMAT (45Q and 37V).

Any feedback would be much appreciated!!

Hi,

You have an average GMAT Score with an Average GPA, so you have to score high in terms of exhibiting your other strengths

I would suggest you to apply with strong essays and recommendations, I would also suggest you to exhibit diversity that you would bring out to the campus with dual citizenship and exposure to dual culture that you have

With reference to Calculus, I would suggest you meet the admissions director in person and discuss the same with valid reasons and your game plan to improve on the same by the time the course starts.

Hope this helps

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot