Indian male,23,IT background
No GPA system in India.
But was consistently among top 20% of the class.
Joined a certified course in finance; Completion due this October.
Expected GMAT: 720+
Was involved in Some community service and loads of activities
like paper publishing in local magazines, delivering seminars,etc.
Total experience till date: 2 years
The firm is a reputed S/w company in India
1. Joined as a team member but was later given more responsibility of leading a team of 5 to 6 (Was not given official Role for the same,though).
2. Was instrumental in designing innovative solutions.
3. Was given more responsibilities than those given to peers of same experience. Helped to move a key business account's projects from another location to my office's current location.
4. Some work related international travel, too.
5. Had been unofficially helping my father's consultancy business (mainly in strategy formulation).
6. I know 3 Indian languages + English + German + French
My goal is to expand my father's business to a larger scale and to start a new firm myself.
What chances do I stand at top-10?
You are a little young, but otherwise have a competitive profile for the top ten. Aim for schools with younger average ages upon acceptance or those schools that are actively encouaging younger applicants, like UCLA.
You may also be interested in MBA Application Advice for Younger Applicants.
Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools
Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog