Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 04:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Chances at UNC

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 20 Mar 2012
Posts: 1
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Chances at UNC [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 17:36
Would a 3.4 GPA in Economics and 640-660 GMAT score make me competitive at UNC's MACC Program?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesGMAT Pill GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Jan 2012
Posts: 44
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.91
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Chances at UNC [#permalink] New post 20 Mar 2012, 18:29
Those stats are right around the median (3.43 GPA and 641 GMAT). I don't see an reason why you wouldn't be accepted.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jul 2012
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Chances at UNC [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2012, 17:05
cashman2 wrote:
Would a 3.4 GPA in Economics and 640-660 GMAT score make me competitive at UNC's MACC Program?


I just applied to UNC's MAC Program first round and got accepted with literally a 3.4 GPA and a GMAT score of 650. So I would definitely say go for it; have you applied yet?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Mar 2012
Posts: 21
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Chances at UNC [#permalink] New post 20 Jul 2012, 22:28
cbailey9803, did you apply for Summer 2013?

Did you go through interview process and all?

I am surprised to see how they accepted applicants so early. Are you currently an undergrad at UNC?

I guess I should apply soon as well.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jul 2012
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Chances at UNC [#permalink] New post 21 Jul 2012, 06:16
GaryRitchie wrote:
cbailey9803, did you apply for Summer 2013?

Did you go through interview process and all?

I am surprised to see how they accepted applicants so early. Are you currently an undergrad at UNC?

I guess I should apply soon as well.


Yes, I applied for Summer 2013 (although I actually won't have to start until fall 2013 because I can take the pre-req classes over this coming school year). I applied for the early application deadline - July 15 - and yes I'm a current undergrad :)

I submitted my app at 11:59 the day of the deadline (no joke) and then was emailed the next day to set up an interview.
I had the director as my interviewer and that was interesting because she didn't ask me any of the typical interview questions (I have a friend in the current MAC program and he said the questions were typical i.e. why do you want to go to UNC's MAC program?). But mine were more like: What was the worst decision you ever made and why?, If your best friend was here what would she say you needed to work on?, What types of decisions do you find to be the hardest?, etc.

Since I turned my app in at (literally) the last minute, I didn't get a chance to proofread my essays, let alone let anyone else proofread them for me, but I tried really hard to tell my "story." I think being a current undergrad business major helped, but if you aren't one it's not like a deciding factor- especially 2nd and 3rd rounds because all the current biz undergrads apply 1st round. I would just make sure you use your essays to tell your "story," get your GPA and GMAT score around the current target (if you could get it a lil higher it would be even better), and for the interview just be prepared and ask questions at the end (they really like that).

I believe the next deadlines are December 1 and March 1, but they are on a rolling basis so if you want to know earlier and you already have your GMAT score, go ahead and apply when you can- couldn't hurt :)

Good luckkkk!! If you have any more questions lemme know :p
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Mar 2012
Posts: 21
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Chances at UNC [#permalink] New post 21 Jul 2012, 21:16
cbailey9803 wrote:
GaryRitchie wrote:
cbailey9803, did you apply for Summer 2013?

Did you go through interview process and all?

I am surprised to see how they accepted applicants so early. Are you currently an undergrad at UNC?

I guess I should apply soon as well.


Yes, I applied for Summer 2013 (although I actually won't have to start until fall 2013 because I can take the pre-req classes over this coming school year). I applied for the early application deadline - July 15 - and yes I'm a current undergrad :)

I submitted my app at 11:59 the day of the deadline (no joke) and then was emailed the next day to set up an interview.
I had the director as my interviewer and that was interesting because she didn't ask me any of the typical interview questions (I have a friend in the current MAC program and he said the questions were typical i.e. why do you want to go to UNC's MAC program?). But mine were more like: What was the worst decision you ever made and why?, If your best friend was here what would she say you needed to work on?, What types of decisions do you find to be the hardest?, etc.

Since I turned my app in at (literally) the last minute, I didn't get a chance to proofread my essays, let alone let anyone else proofread them for me, but I tried really hard to tell my "story." I think being a current undergrad business major helped, but if you aren't one it's not like a deciding factor- especially 2nd and 3rd rounds because all the current biz undergrads apply 1st round. I would just make sure you use your essays to tell your "story," get your GPA and GMAT score around the current target (if you could get it a lil higher it would be even better), and for the interview just be prepared and ask questions at the end (they really like that).

I believe the next deadlines are December 1 and March 1, but they are on a rolling basis so if you want to know earlier and you already have your GMAT score, go ahead and apply when you can- couldn't hurt :)

Good luckkkk!! If you have any more questions lemme know :p





That's cool. So I guess that means they did not even need to look at your recommendation letters? Getting the letters is the only process left for me...

On the web, it says "two of the recommendations may be academic". Do you know if this means that I need to get one letter from non-academic peer?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jul 2012
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Chances at UNC [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2012, 14:27
Oh I'm sure they'll look over your recommendations.. And I had the same question lol but yeah all 3 of them can be academic if you want, it's just required that at least 2 of them are. What are your stats / when are you applying?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Mar 2012
Posts: 21
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Chances at UNC [#permalink] New post 22 Jul 2012, 15:15
cbailey9803 wrote:
Oh I'm sure they'll look over your recommendations.. And I had the same question lol but yeah all 3 of them can be academic if you want, it's just required that at least 2 of them are. What are your stats / when are you applying?


Thanks.

GMAT - 660,
GPA - 3.35 ( environmental science major and last two years- 3.7); one of the top public universities

I guess I'll submit my application like tomorrow.. but it's going to take a while for the recommendation letters to be sent to the school (like 1~2 months) .
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jul 2012
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Chances at UNC [#permalink] New post 30 Jul 2012, 19:53
Quote:

Thanks.

GMAT - 660,
GPA - 3.35 ( environmental science major and last two years- 3.7); one of the top public universities

I guess I'll submit my application like tomorrow.. but it's going to take a while for the recommendation letters to be sent to the school (like 1~2 months) .


Your stats are like right in line with the target so as long as your essays and recommendations are pretty good I'd say you have a really good chance! Good luck! :)
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Oct 2011
Posts: 21
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Re: Chances at UNC [#permalink] New post 31 Jul 2012, 13:24
I just finished the summer session last friday and I'm glad that's over lol. I've been sleeping in and taking naps every day since I finished. If you go to UNC know that the summer session is really hard but doable. They cover semester long classes in 1.5 weeks so you have to keep up with the work. BSBA's do not take the summer session though. I'm pretty sure the UNC business undergrads intern for the Big4 instead.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jul 2012
Posts: 5
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Chances at UNC [#permalink] New post 01 Aug 2012, 05:41
revan wrote:
I just finished the summer session last friday and I'm glad that's over lol. I've been sleeping in and taking naps every day since I finished. If you go to UNC know that the summer session is really hard but doable. They cover semester long classes in 1.5 weeks so you have to keep up with the work. BSBA's do not take the summer session though. I'm pretty sure the UNC business undergrads intern for the Big4 instead.


Wow, congrats on being done with the summer session!! That sounds really intense lol. And yeah you're completely right about the business undergrads- we only get access to MAC career services for the internship too if we are accepted in round one, hence why we all apply then. Good luck on the rest of the school year!! :)
Re: Chances at UNC   [#permalink] 01 Aug 2012, 05:41
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
2 Any Chance At UNC? Please Help! brooksbrahs 10 19 Nov 2012, 07:46
What are my chances at UNC Chapel Hill? NumberSeven 1 11 Oct 2012, 20:36
What are my chances at UNC MAcc/where else should I apply? Visirale 3 16 Oct 2011, 20:55
Chances of Admission at UNC? mattjc 1 03 Jul 2010, 13:11
GMAT Needed for chance at UNC? Strangelove 1 23 May 2010, 09:15
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Chances at UNC

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.