Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 09 Jul 2014, 23:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Chances for getting into INSEAD

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Chances for getting into INSEAD [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2011, 09:51
Hi,
I secured a GMAT score of 700 (Q49, V35). I am an engineering graduate and have 6 years of Work experience. I worked as Sales Executive at HCL and System Consultant at Dell. At present I am working as a Technical consultant in HP.
I am actually wondering my chances to get into INSEAD. I want to apply for round 3 admission process.

Kindly help.
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consulting
Followers: 49

Kudos [?]: 177 [0], given: 195

Re: Chances for getting into INSEAD [#permalink] New post 03 Feb 2011, 10:11
Expert's post
Hi, thanks for reaching out. We do a lot of work with students applying to international (especially European) programs. Obviously, INSEAD is at the top of the list. There are a lot of factors beyond GMAT and WE. Granted, those are two critical elements and you seem like you can get into the conversation due to having the magic 700 score. But the WE will depend largely on what transferable skills you can highlight and put on full display ... and how you connect them to an MBA from INSEAD and on to your short-term and long-term goals. If the degree is appropriate to what you want to do and where you want to go, and you can display how your skill set and experiences have both prepared you to contribute to INSEAD and also to your future employer, then your WE can, well, work. Don't be mislead to think that everyone who goes to INSEAD comes from management level of a multinational or from a top consulting firm or from an i-bank. There is still diversity of experiences, even abroad.

It's just that the analysis is even more strict. Do you likely need a summer internship in order to get your foot in the door of the job you aspire to? If so, INSEAD won't admit you, because they have an accelerated program which doesn't allow for as much reinvention as a full two-year program. Also, you are probably going to want to move toward consulting, probably abroad, for it to be the ideal placement program.

Not only that, but there are cultural factors. Language requirement. Ability to get up to speed very quickly (which means good quant indicators). Lively personality (INSEAD has gone on record as saying that it is a "work hard/play hard" school and they comb hard through applications to weed out "wallflower" types.

Anyway, there's a ton that goes into composing an INSEAD application. We strongly recommend using a vetted consultant. If you want to kick the tires on our services, shoot me a PM or email at mba@amerasiaconsulting.com (include your GMAT Club user name in the subject line so we can filter appropriately) and we can set you up with a free consultation.

Best of luck!

Respectfully,
Paul Lanzillotti

Paul Lanzillotti | Founder| About | mba@amerasiaconsulting.com | 877.866.9251

Schedule a Consultation | Twitter | Blog

Download "How To Apply" Guides | INSEAD | Columbia | Harvard | Wharton