Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Aug 2014, 20:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

CHANCES OF BECOMING A STERNIE?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

CHANCES OF BECOMING A STERNIE? [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2011, 12:33
Hello guys and experts here!

I agree with people here that this long wait is really more than nailbiting and sleepless nights..!!especially if its one's dream bschool! While just as curious as others,I wanted to share my profile.Please express your opinion on what you think are my chances!

Profile:26yrs/male/Indian/entrepreneur
Work exp:Total eight years in a start up pharma company and family business.(worked full time while attending college)
Undergrad:Bachelor of commerce.(68.5 %)
Gmat score:700(q49 v37)
E/c:Decent

Applied and dinged without interview in 3rd round last year.So,applied again for fall' 12 in round 1.I had the chance to write the goals and reapp essay only and those too were good but not stellar.
Dinged this year at Harvard,Wharton and Booth without inerview.
Also applied to other top tier schools UCLA,Emory and Kellogg(awaiting decision).
Accepted to Simon for the Jan'12 intake but I deferred it.

Given the huge competition and the acceptence rate,especially for stern,and my obvious profile,do you think that I have even a slight chance.?for an interview invite atleast?

Please suggest and thanks a ton for your views in advance!!!Cheers!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Followers: 60

Kudos [?]: 272 [0], given: 11

Re: CHANCES OF BECOMING A STERNIE? [#permalink] New post 25 Nov 2011, 20:03
dexter700,

Your chances at getting interviewed at Stern at fair. Stern likes candidates to be fairly experienced (which you are), and your GMAT is just slightly below the Stern average. However, Stern is also a 'fit' school, and from the profiles of successful applicants we have seen, it seems your profile is not the best fit - that still does not mean you get rejected.

Of the other schools you mention, Emory seems to be the one most likely to send you an interview invite. Chances at Kellogg and UCLA as well.

Not sure why you say you could not work as well on your essays as you wanted to. The app is the single most important factor in applying (provided you meet the minimum criteria in work ex, GMAT, et al). If you are still putting in apps, make sure your app is targeted, focused, and projects you to the best extent possible. Let us know if we can help.

GyanOne | http://www.GyanOne.com | +91 9899831738

Get a free detailed MBA profile evaluation

Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions blog

Re: CHANCES OF BECOMING A STERNIE?   [#permalink] 25 Nov 2011, 20:03