Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 26 Oct 2014, 00:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Change of GMAT vendors? will it affect me?

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Change of GMAT vendors? will it affect me? [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2005, 19:47
Hello everyone!!

I am a newbie to this forum.
I started to study intensely for GMAT since early this month... Been going through my ARCO 2005. And I should start on my Kaplan 2006 soon... got myself the power prep (thanks to GMAT forum advise) and intend to get OG and even another one more book (PR? Kaplan 800??)

Would like some kind advise on some matters...

My job requires me to travel extensively and therefore limiting the time I can spend on studying during weekdays.
I understood that the vendors organizing GMAT will be changed (ETS to VUE??). The switch will be done in 1st Jan 2006.
Therefore, does anyone have any experience or information on how this is going to affect the scores/questions?
Because, I am deciding between:
-Taking GMAT in Dec05 (at least nothing has changed, I can still prepare the AWA questions that is online; vendor is still ETS) or
- Taking it middle Jan06 (i have more time to study; but I fear changes to vendors might somehow affect scores and the fact that I have little time to prepare for the AWA questions)

Any advise?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 18 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2005, 20:01
The change in the GMAT shouldn't affect scores by much. The key differences are the interface (download the GMATPrep software from mba.com to see how the look and feel of the test will change), and the fact that you'll have a wipe-off board instead of scratch paper and pencil. The latter would've annoyed the heck out of me, so I'm glad I wrote the test while it was still ETS-administered. But as for the scores or the actual test content, in theory there shouldn't be much of a change.
  [#permalink] 18 Oct 2005, 20:01