Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 19 Apr 2014, 21:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

*** CHAT ON RIGHT NOW!! 1:00 PM CST *** COME HANG OUT!!

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 237

Kudos [?]: 1479 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
*** CHAT ON RIGHT NOW!! 1:00 PM CST *** COME HANG OUT!! [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2008, 10:01
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2010
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: *** CHAT ON RIGHT NOW!! 1:00 PM CST *** COME HANG OUT!! [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2008, 10:07
in
SVP
SVP
Schools: Darden
Followers: 35

Kudos [?]: 420 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: *** CHAT ON RIGHT NOW!! 1:00 PM CST *** COME HANG OUT!! [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2008, 12:02
Is CST some kind of alternate universe? Actually, this reminds me of a funny presentation way back when I was looking at law schools. The Adcom from Chicago had this three-piece fold out map (he was presenting at UCLA, but I assume he used the same thing at west coast and east coast schools).

First, he shows the left side of the map with an outline of the west coast and says "all of you are familiar with this area of the country". Then, he shows the right side of the map with an outline of the east coast and says "and most of are willing to concede that this part over here exists". Finally, he waves his hand around the empty space in the middle (no outline at all) and says something like "but I'm here to talk to you about this space in the middle". It's actually amazing how true the underlying sentiment is. For example, as I finished college I had been up and down both coasts, and to plenty of foreign destinations, but I believed that Michigan (where I was heading) was actually in the middle of the US. Actually, it's about 3/4 of the way across and on EST. Big difference if you are driving, or even flying.

It's amazing how much people on the coasts don't give a crap about people in the Midwest. CST...pshaw.
Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2011
Followers: 9

Kudos [?]: 82 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: *** CHAT ON RIGHT NOW!! 1:00 PM CST *** COME HANG OUT!! [#permalink] New post 29 Jun 2008, 12:50
I moved to DC from Cleveland 2 years ago, and now I can't even locate Ohio on a map!!! It's EST or bust for me :lol:
Just kidding! I care about the midwest :)
Director
Director
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: *** CHAT ON RIGHT NOW!! 1:00 PM CST *** COME HANG OUT!! [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2008, 06:55
pelihu wrote:
It's amazing how much people on the coasts don't give a crap about people in the Midwest.

Wait, are you telling me there is something else in the middle of the country other than airports ?
SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 176 [0], given: 31

GMAT Tests User
Re: *** CHAT ON RIGHT NOW!! 1:00 PM CST *** COME HANG OUT!! [#permalink] New post 30 Jun 2008, 09:39
bherronp wrote:
pelihu wrote:
It's amazing how much people on the coasts don't give a crap about people in the Midwest.

Wait, are you telling me there is something else in the middle of the country other than airports ?

we have cheese! and beer too! :lol:
Re: *** CHAT ON RIGHT NOW!! 1:00 PM CST *** COME HANG OUT!!   [#permalink] 30 Jun 2008, 09:39