Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 18 Sep 2014, 11:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Posts: 30
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 3.71
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2012, 18:35
nozama wrote:
Jts320 wrote:
Submitted my application for r1. Unfortunately, looks like one lor is going to be a day late. Will my application still be accepted for round 1?


Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as you are Jts320. I submitted an hour tardy and I'm afraid we are going to be pushed to R2. Oh well.


Does this count for letters of reommendation as well. I know last year the dean made a statement that LOR for round two can be submitted up to a week late. Was curious if this applied to r1 this year.
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 13 Feb 2012
Posts: 72
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 1

Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2012, 19:59
nozama wrote:
Jts320 wrote:
Submitted my application for r1. Unfortunately, looks like one lor is going to be a day late. Will my application still be accepted for round 1?


Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as you are Jts320. I submitted an hour tardy and I'm afraid we are going to be pushed to R2. Oh well.



To ease your concern over this, I read the following in Booth's chat with admissions officers from a few weeks ago. Hope this helps.

"Hi Team, I would like to know, once the application is submitted, how much time do the recommenders have to fill in their recommendations ? How many days or weeks ? Also, if recommender has moved to a different company than the one in which I worked with him, will that be OK ?"

"We strongly prefer that the recommendations are turned in on time, although we will give recommenders up to one week following the deadline to submit. As for your second question, that is fine! You can provide the context within the section where you explain why you chose your recommenders." - Carrie - Booth Admissions
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 53
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 5

Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 02 Oct 2012, 20:42
nozama wrote:
Jts320 wrote:
Submitted my application for r1. Unfortunately, looks like one lor is going to be a day late. Will my application still be accepted for round 1?


Unfortunately I'm in the same boat as you are Jts320. I submitted an hour tardy and I'm afraid we are going to be pushed to R2. Oh well.


Didn't you get an application receipt mail from Booth after submission - the one detailing out the subsequent phases? That would confirm it.
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 23 Sep 2010
Posts: 53
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.98
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 19 [1] , given: 5

Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 04:16
1
This post received
KUDOS
Booth ranked no. 1 in the latest (and rather quirky) 'The Economist ' rankings! Cheers to that.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Jun 2012
Posts: 75
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.85
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 14

Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2012, 05:31
Pretty quiet in here - anyone know if interview invites start going out before the posted date of 10/31?
VP
VP
User avatar
Status: Current Student
Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Posts: 1346
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 97

Kudos [?]: 400 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2012, 05:50
KillerApp wrote:
Pretty quiet in here - anyone know if interview invites start going out before the posted date of 10/31?

Is 10/31 the mid decision date or the day that interview invites start? If 10/31 is the mid decision day (which seems too soon if apps were just due on 10/2) then invites will start a couple of weeks prior to that. However, If they posted that invites START going out on the 31st, then that's your answer.
_________________

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com
Image

Current Student
avatar
Joined: 04 Oct 2011
Posts: 430
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE: Project Management (Military & Defense)
Followers: 11

Kudos [?]: 106 [0], given: 149

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2012, 06:21
cheetarah1980 wrote:
KillerApp wrote:
Pretty quiet in here - anyone know if interview invites start going out before the posted date of 10/31?

Is 10/31 the mid decision date or the day that interview invites start? If 10/31 is the mid decision day (which seems too soon if apps were just due on 10/2) then invites will start a couple of weeks prior to that. However, If they posted that invites START going out on the 31st, then that's your answer.


Oct 31st is the date interview invites will go out. Directly from the email:

Quote:
All applicants will receive an invitation to interview, or will be denied without an interview on the mid-decision date. We will release decisions via our online admissions system at 9:00am.


Sounds pretty clear to me that no invites will go out prior to the 31st, everybody will hear something on that date.
VP
VP
User avatar
Status: Current Student
Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Posts: 1346
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 97

Kudos [?]: 400 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 08 Oct 2012, 06:30
mappleby wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:
KillerApp wrote:
Pretty quiet in here - anyone know if interview invites start going out before the posted date of 10/31?

Is 10/31 the mid decision date or the day that interview invites start? If 10/31 is the mid decision day (which seems too soon if apps were just due on 10/2) then invites will start a couple of weeks prior to that. However, If they posted that invites START going out on the 31st, then that's your answer.


Oct 31st is the date interview invites will go out. Directly from the email:

Quote:
All applicants will receive an invitation to interview, or will be denied without an interview on the mid-decision date. We will release decisions via our online admissions system at 9:00am.


Sounds pretty clear to me that no invites will go out prior to the 31st, everybody will hear something on that date.


Oh wow! That's interesting. Last year there was a 2-3 week window in which invitations went out (but they informed us of the start and end dates). I guess it keeps applicants from twisting in the wind for weeks while waiting for an invite if all decisions go out on one day. Good luck to you all.
_________________

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com
Image

4 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Sep 2012
Posts: 158
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 59 [4] , given: 40

Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2012, 10:22
4
This post received
KUDOS
In case you all are wondering, the admissions office just posted a blog update about how round 1 will move forward.

Highlights:
Interview Invitations will be released at 9:00 AM CST on October 31st and applicants will see "Invited to Interview" or "Denied" on the online application system.
Interviews will take place Nov 5 - Nov 30 Monday through Friday on campus. Saturday, November 17th will also be an on campus interview date.
Select dates are available at the Booth campus in Beijing and London.
Off-Campus Alumni interviews can be arranged.

Check out the Booth Insider Blog for more details!
1 KUDOS received
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Jun 2012
Posts: 75
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.85
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [1] , given: 14

Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 09 Oct 2012, 11:45
1
This post received
KUDOS
Top10MBACandidate wrote:
In case you all are wondering, the admissions office just posted a blog update about how round 1 will move forward.

Highlights:
Interview Invitations will be released at 9:00 AM CST on October 31st and applicants will see "Invited to Interview" or "Denied" on the online application system.
Interviews will take place Nov 5 - Nov 30 Monday through Friday on campus. Saturday, November 17th will also be an on campus interview date.
Select dates are available at the Booth campus in Beijing and London.
Off-Campus Alumni interviews can be arranged.

Check out the Booth Insider Blog for more details!


Thanks..

A link for others who are interested:
http://forums.chicagobooth.edu/n/blogs/ ... r&entry=71
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 14 Dec 2009
Posts: 57
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.38
WE: Other (Other)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 8

Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 07:58
Hi All,

Quick, and probably silly, question. Given that I submitted round 1 (8 days ago), is it too late to try to amend my optional essay, or submit an additional document to provide a better explanation? Reading over my app now, I feel I did not do a great job explaining something, and have provided a clearer explanation in my subsequent apps. Like any nervous applicant, I’m becoming increasingly concerned that this may somehow detail my application. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Kcw984

Last edited by kcw984 on 10 Oct 2012, 09:12, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Sep 2012
Posts: 158
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 40

Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 08:25
Any response you will find on the website regarding that question will say no, you cannot edit your application. At this point, I think your only hope is to ask Booth (call or email), but I think the answer will still be the same (no). I found things I would like to change on my applications too, but if they let everyone do it it would be a huge mess, and frankly, not fair. A deadline is a deadline, and that is not to say I'm not in the same boat as you, but I understand their rules.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 28 Jun 2012
Posts: 75
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.85
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 14

Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 09:10
Top10MBACandidate wrote:
Any response you will find on the website regarding that question will say no, you cannot edit your application. At this point, I think your only hope is to ask Booth (call or email), but I think the answer will still be the same (no). I found things I would like to change on my applications too, but if they let everyone do it it would be a huge mess, and frankly, not fair. A deadline is a deadline, and that is not to say I'm not in the same boat as you, but I understand their rules.


Totally agreed with you - I think everyone has things that could have been done better, but the deadline is there for a reason... although I totally get the point.
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
User avatar
Status: Current Student
Joined: 24 Aug 2010
Posts: 1346
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 97

Kudos [?]: 400 [1] , given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 10 Oct 2012, 13:05
1
This post received
KUDOS
And that is why you should not keep reviewing your application after it's been submitted. You will only find things you want to change and drive yourself crazy. In the grand scheme of things it might be a bigger issue to YOU than it is the to the admissions committee, who may find what you already submitted to be more than adequate.

Let it go and try not to stress out til interview invite day.
_________________

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com
Image

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Posts: 3
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2012, 03:19
are there less applicants this year compared to the last year?
i don't see as much discussions as I can see on last year's forum around this time
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Posts: 30
Location: United States
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GPA: 3.71
WE: Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 1

Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2012, 05:02
pkdy wrote:
are there less applicants this year compared to the last year?
i don't see as much discussions as I can see on last year's forum around this time


seems to be a theme on a lot of the schools' boards this year so looks like applicant numbers may still be dropping (or GC's popularity)
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 26 Feb 2012
Posts: 100
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Followers: 8

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 23

GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 14 Oct 2012, 13:39
Jts320 wrote:
pkdy wrote:
are there less applicants this year compared to the last year?
i don't see as much discussions as I can see on last year's forum around this time


seems to be a theme on a lot of the schools' boards this year so looks like applicant numbers may still be dropping (or GC's popularity)


It is possible that a reason for the drop in discussions this year is due to the change gmatclub has made to its website. Because of the way we can update application status in our profile, a lot of the status update posts have disappeared.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 02 Nov 2010
Posts: 56
Location: United States
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.56
WE: Corporate Finance (Computer Hardware)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 16

Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 15:21
So I just got a 20% raise at work. Do I let Booth (and the other schools that I have already submitted applications for) know? Do I just call the admissions office?
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Sep 2012
Posts: 158
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 40

Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 16 Oct 2012, 18:32
Congrats on your raise! The consistent answer I have read is that when you are invited to interview, you can update the adcom with those types of changes at that time. Of course, you can always ask Booth yourself, but I suspect that is the answer you will get!

Posted from my mobile device Image
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 92
Location: Brazil
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 13

Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink] New post 18 Oct 2012, 15:33
There`s less posting here because thread activity is directly correlated to how close the interview dates are. HBS thread is thriving, GSB getting bigger as few interviews trickle out. For Booth we have to wait until the 31st...
Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants   [#permalink] 18 Oct 2012, 15:33
    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
428 Experts publish their posts in the topic Booth (Chicago): Calling all applicants - Class of 2016 Narenn 1418 21 Apr 2013, 03:20
532 Experts publish their posts in the topic Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants ak2012 1669 21 Mar 2012, 06:50
Experts publish their posts in the topic Chicago Booth Part time 2013-Calling all applicants souvik101990 35 14 Feb 2013, 19:56
19 Experts publish their posts in the topic Booth 2013 - Calling All Waitlist Applicants LongestWaitEVER 162 19 Dec 2012, 09:25
Display posts from previous: Sort by

Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants

  Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  84    Next  [ 1670 posts ] 

Moderator: DefyingGravity



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Privacy Policy| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group and phpBB SEO

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.