Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:07 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V46
GMAT 2: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 4
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
saurabhpankaj wrote:
Less than a week to go...and that mandatory weak at heart feeling has sinked in. They Like me..they like me not, they like me, they like me not, they like me, they like me not :?: ...!!!

Right now I'm thanking work that has kept me so busy that I have had very little time to worry..

nonetheless....panic is slowly rising... :?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
saurabhpankaj wrote:
Less than a week to go...and that mandatory weak at heart feeling has sinked in. They Like me..they like me not, they like me, they like me not, they like me, they like me not :?: ...!!!

Knowing whether 'they like me' or 'they like me not' is often better than knowing what they truly feel: 'meh.' Just my waitlisted $0.02.

Soon enough we will (mostly) all know how the adcom truly feels. Good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GPA: 3.4
WE:Research (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
cheetarah1980 wrote:
elian wrote:
jumsumtak wrote:

not 'required' - good to send.

I disagree--for all interviews, work or otherwise, common courtesy is to send a thank you note. You stand out in a bad way if you don't. More importantly, strangers are taking time out of their busy schedules to evaluate your candidacy--acknowledging this is really the least you could do.

I'm going to disagree with this in terms of bschool applications. For work, yes send a thank you note (although I didn't during recruiting this year). For the MBA interview it does NOT matter. They are interviewing way too many people to keep track of who sends a thank you and who doesn't. Honestly all bschool interview thank you notes do is tend to freak out the applicant over what they said in it and whether or not they get a response (see TrueGMAT's previous posts). The interviewer doesn't care, nor notice if you don't send a thank you. I didn't send one for Wharton or Booth and it was more than fine.

I concede that if writing a simple followup email acknowledging one's appreciation is too much to handle for the high-strung nerves of fragile b-school applicants, then perhaps it's best not to. However, and this was my initial point--I personally think it's important to be courteous even when you don't get anything out of it. As you said, the impact on the applicant is marginal as to be negligible, but c'mon, what about doing something because it's the right thing to do?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
elian wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:
elian wrote:
I disagree--for all interviews, work or otherwise, common courtesy is to send a thank you note. You stand out in a bad way if you don't. More importantly, strangers are taking time out of their busy schedules to evaluate your candidacy--acknowledging this is really the least you could do.

I'm going to disagree with this in terms of bschool applications. For work, yes send a thank you note (although I didn't during recruiting this year). For the MBA interview it does NOT matter. They are interviewing way too many people to keep track of who sends a thank you and who doesn't. Honestly all bschool interview thank you notes do is tend to freak out the applicant over what they said in it and whether or not they get a response (see TrueGMAT's previous posts). The interviewer doesn't care, nor notice if you don't send a thank you. I didn't send one for Wharton or Booth and it was more than fine.

I concede that if writing a simple followup email acknowledging one's appreciation is too much to handle for the high-strung nerves of fragile b-school applicants, then perhaps it's best not to. However, and this was my initial point--I personally think it's important to be courteous even when you don't get anything out of it. As you said, the impact on the applicant is marginal as to be negligible, but c'mon, what about doing something because it's the right thing to do?

Sadly, I think that sentiment gets lost between the essay writing, the recommendation hunting, and the eternal waiting.

I like to send thank you notes, personally. You never know how such a small gesture could brighten someone's day and maybe paying it forward now will help you later on.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [2]
Given Kudos: 19
GPA: 3.4
WE:Research (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Kudos
aerien wrote:
Sadly, I think that sentiment gets lost between the essay writing, the recommendation hunting, and the eternal waiting.

This entire process has highlighted for me the importance of a support network that will tell you when you're being a ridiculous freakazoid who should sit down, drink a beer, watch QI, and shut up about the self-inflicted stress of applying to one of the best business school programs in the world.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.81
Do adcoms care if you quit earlier than the "expected number of months worked by matriculation" that was asked on applications? I would think not, since it's just an estimate and circumstances can change at any point, but I was curious to hear what you all had to say. Thanks in advance
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
APPalachiantrail wrote:
Do adcoms care if you quit earlier than the "expected number of months worked by matriculation" that was asked on applications? I would think not, since it's just an estimate and circumstances can change at any point, but I was curious to hear what you all had to say. Thanks in advance

No.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
APPalachiantrail wrote:

Nope!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Wow, six days left! I have officially started panicking.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V41
Send PM
VoyagerII wrote:
Wow, six days left! I have officially started panicking.

Feeling so nervous I am officially on the verge of freaking out.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Add me to the "officially freaking out" list. Booth or bust for me this year - really adds to the intensity! Sure hope I don't have to repeat this process next year!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Good luck to everyone who is waiting for the 28th.
Only a few more days left.

joe563 wrote:
Add me to the "officially freaking out" list. Booth or bust for me this year - really adds to the intensity! Sure hope I don't have to repeat this process next year!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
joe563 wrote:

Same here I don't have any safety school, got the dings from Harvard ,Stanford and wharton, Booth is my only salvation
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GPA: 3.38
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Truegmat wrote:
joe563 wrote:

Same here I don't have any safety school, got the dings from Harvard ,Stanford and wharton, Booth is my only salvation

Yeah, I've been there. I only applied to two programs last year, and was interviewed at neither. I needed the extra year of experience (and a major promotion) to turn it around for this year. If worse comes to worse, there is always next year. To me, that sure beats attending a 'safety' if you aren't really interested in attending.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.61
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Here we go, guys. Only 4 or 5 more days until we hear our Booth fate. Booth is my number one choice, so I am starting to freak out too. I will undoubtedly be staring at my phone all day on Wednesday. It is so nice to have transparency into the admit process, but knowing that admit calls go out the day before the waitlist/ding emails go out is nerve wracking. I know I will be super down on Wednesday night if I haven't gotten a call from a Chicago area code. I wish everyone else all the luck! Hopefully we see a lot of good news on this forum come Wednesday night!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Please guys make sure when you get the call from Booth on Wednesday, you let us know on the forum.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Truegmat wrote:
Please guys make sure when you get the call from Booth on Wednesday, you let us know on the forum.

Isn't the result out on Thursday 28th March? That's what it says on the website. Unless there's some new update/email which I've missed.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  53   54   55   56   57   58   59  ...  84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts