Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:09 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:09

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 447 [1]
Given Kudos: 74
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Sales (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2015
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
BusinessWeek #1

via @BWbschools :

Top MBA Programs 2012 - 2. Harvard and No. 1 goes to Chicago for the fourth time.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Kudos
c00guy wrote:
Hey, does anyone know if the results are supposed to be out by Dec 19 or on Dec 19?

I would say on the 19th. But they tend to call all the admits a day before the final decision date.
VP
VP
Send PM
Kudos
integraldx wrote:
c00guy wrote:
Do we need to worry about whether the alum interviewer has filed his report or not? Will Booth make sure that happens or do we need to remind the interviewer?

I think the problem is that Booth doesn't even probably know that the interview's been completed

Yes, I don't think they'll know because we've been scheduling with the Alumni ourselves. So, we may have to send a reminder if the report has not been filed even after 10 days or so.

No you do not need to send a reminder. Booth has a system in place to get the interviewer feedback. They know who your interviewer is and they will take care of it. Once your interview is over, leave it alone. Your feedback will be submitted. Just because your status hasn't updated to interview complete does NOT mean that you need to nudge the process along. Booth has been doing this for years. Trust that the admissions committee knows what they are doing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V46
GMAT 2: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
c00guy wrote:
vandemataram wrote:
Had my interview in Calcutta, India today. My interviewer told me that the adcom/ another alum will contact me for a second round of interview. :o Booth website says that we will have "only one interview".
Any idea?

Thanks!

He must have been joking! Or maybe, he's referring to the congratulatory call for the admit! :-D

Yeah, you only do one interview. Dunno what he was going on about.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V49
GPA: 3.85
WE:Business Development (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Kudos
KillerApp wrote:
I had my interview on 11/17 and my application still doesn't say that my interview feedback was submitted. Anyone else in the same boat?

Look up 6 or so posts.
VP
VP
Send PM
Kudos
I totally agree with the General (hello fellow Boothie!). I will also add that while there isn't just one type of Booth student, a common trait amongst Boothies is an ability to set your own course. If the adcom gets the idea that you are a person who prefers a more prescriptive experience then they will likely not think that you are a good fit for Booth. The General touched on everything else that would make an applicant not fit at Booth.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 56
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V46
GMAT 2: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Top10MBACandidate wrote:
At what point are scholarships and fellowships discussed?...I was digging through last year's blog and found that some people were notified during their admission call, but perhaps some were notified much later. Is there a system to timing or is it totally random?

Many people are notified during the admissions call. Many others are notified later. I don't have the exact breakdown. The timing isn't random--it has to do with the particular scholarship/fellowship in question and purpose. Some scholarships are purely monetary, others aren't, etc. But I can't get into more specifics.

I think this is common for most schools. I got offered a scholarship from Booth during the admissions call. Kellogg, on the other hand, called me about 3 weeks after I had gotten in to tell me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V48
Send PM
Kudos
the four quarters are fall, winter, spring, and summer. Winter quarter will last from Jan-March, Spring Quarter from March-June, and Summer quarter (aka break) is June-September.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Yes I have a thought. Take a step back and relax. Decisions are next week. There's no reason to analyze whether you got this email or that email, whether it makes a difference if you got it on Thursday versus Friday or anything else. Be patient. Do something else to take your mind off admissions. Accept that it's entirely out of your hands now. Otherwise it'll just drive you nuts.

Sannuzzo wrote:
kenadams01 wrote:
Jts320 wrote:
Im gonna assume everyone got the email from booth about the winter student hosted emails. Although, would be harsh to sign up and then get a rejection next week. Anyone else jump a little when they get these marketing emails titled "You're Invited"...a few more days

Totally

Guys actually i have not received the email talking abt winter student hosted events, the last one I've got was abt the admission chat last December 4th...
Maybe as I am from Europe they still have to send out the emails inviting to the events? When did you guys receive it?
It might be silly, but considering my status has not changed since my interview invitation notification (GMAT and TOEFL are still on awaiting) plus this is setting me in a bad state of mind.
Any thought on this?
Thanks!

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
VP
VP
Send PM
Kudos
funemployed wrote:
cheetarah1980 wrote:
September to December is misleading. Classes didn't start this year til Sept 27, so it's really more like October thru December.

Hi Cheetarah. I was going through your blog and came to know that the orientation for Booth Class of 2014 started on Sep06. I know that the Random Walk ended on Aug28 - Aug29. So, what happened on the 7-8 days between Random Walk and orientation? Were there any activities planned or the students who skipped the Random Walk joined in directly on the 6th? Just curious :)

Random Walk was the 18/19-26 (depending on departure day and destination). Orientation started Sept. 5. Random Walk is school supported, NOT school sponsored so it's really not a part of the school year. An optional Pre MBA Accounting class was offered August 27-31. Other than that Booth didn't have anything planned for us. We planned our own stuff. There were a lot of beach days, architecture tours of the city, happy hours, a neon party, and other social events to occupy our time. Students who skipped RW joined in the festivities before those of us who did do a RW left and after we got back.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V39
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
funemployed wrote:
Top10MBACandidate wrote:
funemployed wrote:
Just one call reported so far.. that is weird..

I wouldn't be surprised if you were the first/one of the first. It's just 8:17 AM in Chicago right now..the day is just getting started! You're a lucky one!

It wasn't me who got the call dude.. and correction two calls reported so far, 1 from India and 1 from HongKong

Anymore calls? I can't log into the chat from work :x
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Sorry! I was just talking to my family to share the good news. I received a call from the admission office about an hour ago. It was basically a call informing me that I've been accepted and a detailed explanation of when I should expect an email, etc. I am still so excited!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2015
GPA: 3.66
Send PM
Kudos
just got call, NYC, having trouble breathing
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
Send PM
Kudos
I'm in with a schol. Based in India, got call from Chicago :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
Send PM
Kudos
chubzer wrote:
pwnerer wrote:
I'm in with a schol. Based in India, got call from Chicago :)

Great congrats :)..How long ago was this? Hoping for something positive still!! Cheers..

This was about 90 minutes back
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Has anybody in Chicago received notice?
VP
VP
Send PM
Kudos
mg8806 wrote:
Are they done for the day? I'm starting to lose faith...

It's way too early to throw in the towel. Booth calls all day until about 5 CST. Last year I got my.Call around 4:30 CST. Sit tight.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts