Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:36 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.75
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Re: Chicago (Booth) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
dinged. guess im not going to b-school this year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 770 Q48 V51
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
For those admitted, have any of you received the follow-up email to the status notification email? The person who called me said that she would be emailing me right after the 9 AM email with more information about an event in my area, the admit weekend, etc. Just wanted to make sure I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten this yet...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
yoginijenn wrote:
Top10MBACandidate wrote:
Bskool1987 wrote:
Accepted w/$20K scholarship. Anyone know roughly what % of accepted students receive scholarship money?

Admitted students site says 30%

How do I get into the admitted students site? I haven't gotten a login or anything yet..

You'll get all that info in an email within the next several days. My email didnt come until 9 days after the call -so don't fret

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by top10mbacandidate on 28 Mar 2013, 09:50.
Last edited by top10mbacandidate on 28 Mar 2013, 09:58, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.75
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Cerasi wrote:
For those admitted, have any of you received the follow-up email to the status notification email? The person who called me said that she would be emailing me right after the 9 AM email with more information about an event in my area, the admit weekend, etc. Just wanted to make sure I'm not the only one who hasn't gotten this yet...

I haven't gotten it yet either! Dying to get into the admitted students page so I can start planning my Random Walk trip!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
wl as well. can't believe we have to wait till May 22nd to get final decisions! oh the angst. is everyone submitting the 90 sec video?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
WL at Booth!! I am a CPA interested pursuing I Banking short-term and PE/HF/VC long-term. As I am already admitted to Berkeley, is it worth waiting for Booth’s result or run with Berkeley offer with $50k scholarship? What you guys think?

Originally posted by MBASupreme on 28 Mar 2013, 10:00.
Last edited by MBASupreme on 28 Mar 2013, 14:00, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Accepted too, but waitlisted at Wharton. Predicting where you are gonna get into bschool has about the same odds as fortune telling. Although I would have preferred to skip this whole process and just put on the sorting hat!! (On a side note, what would Booth be??)

Anyways, pretty sure I'm heading to Columbia unless Wharton comes through! Hope one of you guys get my spot!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
yoginijenn wrote:
Cerasi wrote:

I haven't gotten it yet either! Dying to get into the admitted students page so I can start planning my Random Walk trip!

Random Walk registration won't open until just after admit weekend. You won't be able to see many trip details until you get your login info..but you will have plenty of time to peruse that before registration opens!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q41 V46
GMAT 2: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3
Send PM
jonkil wrote:
Prudence wrote:
Top10MBACandidate wrote:

My interviewer said this was the most competitive year and even being invited to inverview was a huge accomplishment. I don't know if his comment was based on fact or whether he just said that without any proof.

Well surely the pool gets more competitive each year. Not surprising.

That could be true, almost all the guys I met at both interviews were of fairly high calibre, more than I would normally expect e.g. Ivy league undergrads +PE/VC/MBB for the most part. I was a bit surprised!! That shouldn't make the waitlist long though!!! If anything, it makes the rejection list long!!! Looks like a small percentage were accepted and a large number are on WL??

You know how alums always say "Oh yeah, there's no way I would've gotten in if I had applied nowadays." because it gets more competitive over the years?

Well I never thought I'd be saying that before I even graduated.

Your interviewer cited fact. I can't give the exact stats, but I definitely had a "OMFG" moment when I saw the stats of the applicant pool for R2.

And then I remembered that they really do look at the entire application and that, at least for Booth, the stats don't play the role most people here think it does.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Denied!

Accepted at Kellogg with short 15 min interview without much substance.
Denied at Wharton & Booth - both were excellent interviews!

Oh well ...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Denied after interview:) Congratulations to all admits! Its a wonderful school. I was really impressed during my visit.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So, I have been admitted to Kellogg with with a pretty good scholarship ($20k/year). If I somehow get off the waitlist and into Booth, should I give up the $ and go, or should I just stick with Kellogg? I'm leaning towards doing something in finance (IB then hopefully PE) and am currently in consulting.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
businessschool2015 wrote:
So, I have been admitted to Kellogg with with a pretty good scholarship ($20k/year). If I somehow get off the waitlist and into Booth, should I give up the $ and go, or should I just stick with Kellogg? I'm leaning towards doing something in finance (IB then hopefully PE) and am currently in consulting.

Only you can make that decision! Of course you know that Kellogg has a reputation for being a great marketing school and Booth has a reputation for being a great finance school, but I am sure you will get an excellent education at either school. It's up to you! (And Booth!)

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 105 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Nationality: Indian
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Send PM
Dinged today. Same as last year. Really wish Booth could tell me my flaws rather than inviting for interviews.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Send PM

Even though Booth is more known for finance, it's not like you'll have a hard time getting a job in IB from Kellogg. A lot of the banks still recruit there (and thus allot spots). There may be less spots, but there will also be less people going after them.

At the end of the day, I think it will just come down to where you feel more comfortable. 40k is nothing to sneeze at though... and assuming you become an associate at a BB, you'll make the same amount coming from Kellogg that you would from Booth.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Hi guys, I just received an email regarding next steps, where no information about scholarship was included.

Does anyone know where I can find the detailed scholarship information? I was too excited to hear clearly when I received the call yesterday. Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
atthegate wrote:

Even though Booth is more known for finance, it's not like you'll have a hard time getting a job in IB from Kellogg. A lot of the banks still recruit there (and thus allot spots). There may be less spots, but there will also be less people going after them.

At the end of the day, I think it will just come down to where you feel more comfortable. 40k is nothing to sneeze at though... and assuming you become an associate at a BB, you'll make the same amount coming from Kellogg that you would from Booth.

Alright, thanks for the advice everyone. After thinking through this I'm leaning towards just going with Kellogg and the scholarship money if I somehow manage to get into Booth of the waitlist.

Does anybody else think I should strongly consider Booth if it came to it? Or does anybody have other reasons why I should just go with Kellogg?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  70   71   72   73   74   75   76  ...  84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts