Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 24 Jul 2014, 15:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Chicago Booth Class of 2014 - Admitted Students Thread

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 76 [0], given: 27

GMAT Tests User
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2014 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2011, 04:46
osbornecox wrote:
Did you guys already create your email addresses? I logged in to the Portal and I guess it automatically had a Booth4Life email for me. If I can change it, though, I will... I haven't done too much searching but I've seen there's one admit working in the same city as me. Haven't checked for fellow undergrad alumni or hometown folks.

svalik wrote:
do we get to pick our own email address?? i really hate the username they assigned me...

Hey, I just figured out how to do this. You can't change your username, but you can change your e-mail address to whatever you want.

There's probably a more straightforward way to do this, but try this:

- In the search box (upper right corner), search for 'Manage Account'
- One of the results should be 'Manage Your Account, Manage Email Alias and Cnet IDs (Properties)'...click that
- Click 'Create your E-mail Alias'
- Make sure that the new e-mail alias that you want to use is selected as preferred
- Click Save

You'll still use the username they assigned you to log into your e-mail account (or to set it up on outlook/macmail/etc.), but any mail that you send/receive from now on will be from your preferred alias.

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.4
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2014 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 23 Dec 2011, 08:30
This really helped. Thanks a ton.

MDF wrote:
osbornecox wrote:
Did you guys already create your email addresses? I logged in to the Portal and I guess it automatically had a Booth4Life email for me. If I can change it, though, I will... I haven't done too much searching but I've seen there's one admit working in the same city as me. Haven't checked for fellow undergrad alumni or hometown folks.

svalik wrote:
do we get to pick our own email address?? i really hate the username they assigned me...

Hey, I just figured out how to do this. You can't change your username, but you can change your e-mail address to whatever you want.

There's probably a more straightforward way to do this, but try this:

- In the search box (upper right corner), search for 'Manage Account'
- One of the results should be 'Manage Your Account, Manage Email Alias and Cnet IDs (Properties)'...click that
- Click 'Create your E-mail Alias'
- Make sure that the new e-mail alias that you want to use is selected as preferred
- Click Save

You'll still use the username they assigned you to log into your e-mail account (or to set it up on outlook/macmail/etc.), but any mail that you send/receive from now on will be from your preferred alias.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q V

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2014 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 02 Jan 2012, 05:05
Still did not get the acceptance package...
Did you receive the package through FedEx?
Maybe I should ask adcom members about delivery status?

osbornecox wrote:
MDF wrote:
WOOHOO! Just got the acceptance package in the mail!

I just got it today too - I'm impressed, because I live on the other side of the world and it got here quick. Great stuff. I'd like to make it to Admitted Students Weekend.
Intern
Intern

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2014 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2012, 03:49
MDF wrote:
Fortius wrote:
Still did not get the acceptance package...
Did you receive the package through FedEx?
Maybe I should ask adcom members about delivery status?

Mine came USPS priority mail (i.e. I had to sign for it)

Thanks, I will contact AdCom to find my New Year package:)
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.4

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 0

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2014 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 03 Jan 2012, 07:46
Do we know what the deal is with the background check?

I mean does it happen after we submit the deposit, or is it going on right now?

Not that I lied or anything, but you know you can never be too sure about crap not happening.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2014 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 06 Jan 2012, 07:03
Hey guys, congrats on the admit. Does any of you has the "nice problem" of being admitted to Kellogg and Booth? how are you handling the admit weekends? (are you choosing one or are you going to both?)
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Schools: Northwestern (Kellogg) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V47
GPA: 3.6
WE: Marketing (Consumer Products)

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 32

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2014 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 15 Jan 2012, 18:13
adrianbr wrote:
Hey guys, congrats on the admit. Does any of you has the "nice problem" of being admitted to Kellogg and Booth? how are you handling the admit weekends? (are you choosing one or are you going to both?)

I have been admitted to both and I think I am going to split the admit weekend. However, I am not quite sure which day I am going to attend at which school. Booth's website doesn't seem to have specifics regarding the visits, but I would guess Friday will be class visits and Saturday will be more about housing, financial aid, and such. Anyone else have any more information?
Manager
Manager

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2014 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 18 Jan 2012, 18:23
df2012 wrote:

spivey181, I think the schedule has been updated on the admitted student site under "Event Schedule"

Great, thanks!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Chicago Booth 2013, Ross, Duke , Kellogg , Stanford, Haas

Kudos [?]: 97 [0], given: 53

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2014 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 20 Jan 2012, 14:22
Hey guys if you have the Admit weekend itinerary, I can try to let you know what not to miss. Make sure to sign up for a Random Walk trip if you're here on the Saturday, best chance of getting your top choice!

Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2014 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 22 Jan 2012, 07:33
Michmax3 wrote:
Hey guys if you have the Admit weekend itinerary, I can try to let you know what not to miss. Make sure to sign up for a Random Walk trip if you're here on the Saturday, best chance of getting your top choice!

Is a list of the random walk trips for this year available yet? I can only find 2011.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Chicago Booth 2013, Ross, Duke , Kellogg , Stanford, Haas

Kudos [?]: 97 [0], given: 53

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2014 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 23 Jan 2012, 09:44
MDF wrote:
Michmax3 wrote:

Is a list of the random walk trips for this year available yet? I can only find 2011.

Yep, here you go! We're still building the profile pages and details, but here is a list of what the trips will be!

http://student.chicagobooth.edu/group/r ... /index.htm

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 71 [0], given: 4

GMAT Tests User
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2014 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2012, 02:32
I'll be there for most of the activities on Friday and Saturday!
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2014 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2012, 05:00
Michmax3 wrote:
Yep, here you go! We're still building the profile pages and details, but here is a list of what the trips will be!

http://student.chicagobooth.edu/group/r ... /index.htm

Thank you! Do I have to first accept the admission offer from Booth in order to signup for a random walk during admit weekend?

Manager
Manager

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2014 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 24 Jan 2012, 17:27
Hi all, I am admitted to Booth and Kellogg and planning to attend Kellogg Friday/Booth Saturday. Anybody else in the same boat and/or looking to share a hotel room?
Manager
Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 0

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2014 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 25 Jan 2012, 06:04
spivey181 wrote:
Hi all, I am admitted to Booth and Kellogg and planning to attend Kellogg Friday/Booth Saturday. Anybody else in the same boat and/or looking to share a hotel room?

Hi Spivey181, I'm on the same boat, but I decided to attend only Booth's admit weekend.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 7

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2014 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 27 Jan 2012, 17:38
The Random Walk destinations look pretty amazing. I have no idea how I'll be able to make my mind up, though hopefully I'll be able to filter a few out once the itineraries come out.

Does anyone know what trips have been the most popular in the past? It sounds like Brazil is a very popular choice, but I also don't think you can go wrong given how many awesome destinations are on the list.
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2014 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 29 Jan 2012, 10:11
^I think I'm going to sign up for Peru, Brazil, and Argentina (in that order). South America is one of the few continents that I haven't been to yet.

I e-mailed the Random Walk coordinator to inquiry about signing up during admit weekend. He said that if you sign up during admit weekend, you'll likely secure your #1 choice. He also said that in order to do this, you don't have to accept your offer to attend Booth yet, but you do have to place a $250 deposit with them via cash/cc/check.

VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 94

Kudos [?]: 399 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2014 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 31 Jan 2012, 17:27
Hey all! I hope you don't mind a Kellogg admit crashing the party for a sec. Since Kellogg's and Booth's admitted students weekends coincide a couple people thought it might be a good idea for us GCers to get together for drinks Saturday night (2/11) in Chicago.

I realize that we're all going to be busy meeting our potential classmates but I thought it might be nice to also meet the people behind the screen names that helped get us through R1 apps. The end of the weekend is probably the best time for a get together.

Who's up for it?

gmat-club-chicago-meetup-during-admitted-students-weekend-126813.html

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Intern
Intern

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2014 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 01 Feb 2012, 00:40
Hi all,

For those who are still looking for accommodation in Chi-town during Admit Weekend: send you a pretty nice offer from Crown Plaza high-rise, check this out:

http://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-m-crown ... eal_button

Hope this info helps.

Unfortunately, I have no opportunity to visit Admit Weekend. Have a nice time!
Current Student

GMAT Tests User
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2014 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 13 Mar 2012, 10:52
I just got into the Peru random walk!!

I like how they sent me an e-mail on Wednesday to tell me that they need the remaining $2,750 that Friday. Not a lot of time to move funds around.

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2014 - Admitted Students Thread   [#permalink] 13 Mar 2012, 10:52