Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Oct 2014, 16:49

Starting Soon!

Live Q&A Session with HKU Admissions Team | Join the chat room to participate.

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Chicago Booth Class of 2015 - Admitted Students Thread

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Schools: Booth '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2015 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2013, 08:03
Top10MBACandidate wrote:
Prudence wrote:
I'm thinking about the cost too. I'd have more clarity in June, but by then I'm sure the trips would be closed. Already have shortlisted a few places though

If it makes you feel any better, I priced out my top trip choice with all the hotel, flight, and activities and the price is actually really fair. That analysis helped me pull the trigger on paying the deposit.

Posted from my mobile device Image

Was the cost you came up with different than the cost they put up on the site?
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Current Student
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 40

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2015 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2013, 10:04
atthegate wrote:
Top10MBACandidate wrote:
Prudence wrote:
I'm thinking about the cost too. I'd have more clarity in June, but by then I'm sure the trips would be closed. Already have shortlisted a few places though

If it makes you feel any better, I priced out my top trip choice with all the hotel, flight, and activities and the price is actually really fair. That analysis helped me pull the trigger on paying the deposit.

Was the cost you came up with different than the cost they put up on the site?

I found that if I were to book the exact same trip, the cost would be about 10% lower than World Strides. I didn't factor in ground transportation because it was hard to price, so that comprises some of the 10%. So all in all I think the price is pretty fair considering we don't have to do any of the planning-just show up!

Current Student
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V51
GPA: 3.82
WE: Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)
Followers: 51

Kudos [?]: 206 [0], given: 41

Premium Member Reviews Badge
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2015 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2013, 17:27
Could someone please post a link to the list of random walk trips? I'm on a cell phone with an hour-long commute (train) ahead of me.

Also, who here will be at Admit Weekend?

My GMAT debrief

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: Q V
WE: Engineering (Health Care)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 44 [1] , given: 27

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2015 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2013, 18:08
This post received
KUDOS
NonYankee wrote:
Could someone please post a link to the list of random walk trips? I'm on a cell phone with an hour-long commute (train) ahead of me.

Also, who here will be at Admit Weekend?

Here you go http://student.chicagobooth.edu/group/r ... /index.htm

My MBA application journey, one step at a time https://spoonfulofmba.wordpress.com

Current Student

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2015 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 11 Apr 2013, 20:16
Prudence wrote:

Thanks!

My GMAT debrief

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 1

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2015 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2013, 05:53
NonYankee wrote:
atthegate wrote:
Has anyone picked/started to think about Random Walks?

I've starting thinking about how much it would cost... :cry:

I think it's worth it though. Mostly as a great bonding experience in a new place. I found some of my best friends in college after a spring break trip with mostly strangers.

I'm already traveling to Indonesia and Europe this summer for ~4 weeks so I don't need to do another trip but I'll definitely be doing a random walk if I go to Booth for both the trip and meeting new people.

Also - what's $3,000 on top of $150k+ right? :wink:
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V45

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 11

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2015 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2013, 10:59
congrats to all
Current Student
WE: Accounting (Accounting)

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 1

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2015 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 12 Apr 2013, 15:40
Guys, for those who have paid their deposits, does the status immediately change from awaiting to received or it takes some number of days?
Current Student

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2015 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2013, 06:40
Based on last year's posts, I'm guessing that fellowship notifications will go out right before the R2 deposit deadline (May 1).
If anyone gets a lucky call, please post it here so we all have an idea of when fellowship recipients are being notified.
Thanks in advance!

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 8 [1] , given: 6

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2015 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2013, 07:35
This post received
KUDOS
Top10MBACandidate wrote:
Based on last year's posts, I'm guessing that fellowship notifications will go out right before the R2 deposit deadline (May 1).
If anyone gets a lucky call, please post it here so we all have an idea of when fellowship recipients are being notified.
Thanks in advance!

I was notified of fellowship on 4/8. This replaced the merit scholarship offered upon admission.
Current Student
Schools: Booth '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V41

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2015 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 15 Apr 2013, 11:43
For international applicants, does anyone knows when the school releases the required documetation for the visa issue procedure?
I am trying to schedule a trip during mid-July and its date can´t match with the visa procedure, otherwise I won´t have my passport with me.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 4

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2015 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 19 Apr 2013, 23:12
Current Booth 1st year here - congrats to all of you! Be sure to sign up for Random Walk! It was the trip of a lifetime. You won't regret it!!!
Current Student
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.6

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 2

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2015 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 07:27
It's quiet in here...

So, who signed up for a Random Walk?
Current Student

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2015 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 07:33
dman25 wrote:
It's quiet in here...

I did! And it looks like tons of other people too--the website says all trips are at capacity (but they are figuring out ways to add more spots)

Current Student
Concentration: Marketing, Finance

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 6

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2015 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 07:55
Top10MBACandidate wrote:
dman25 wrote:
It's quiet in here...

I did! And it looks like tons of other people too--the website says all trips are at capacity (but they are figuring out ways to add more spots)

I was told yesterday that they usually have around 35 spots open after AWII window closes, and this time they had less than 5.

Who's up for Wisconsin?!!
Current Student

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2015 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 09:09
whan311 wrote:
I was told yesterday that they usually have around 35 spots open after AWII window closes, and this time they had less than 5.

Y'know, I was really thinking about Wisconsin... It looks beautiful, and I like all the activities planned; but I didn't feel that the price was justified. I mean, money is gonna be a bit tight for me, but for that very reason I should choose the trip that is the best value, not simply the cheapest. It was a tough decision to take Wisconsin off my list.

So my top five ended up being:
1. UAE (I loved the leaders, the destination, and most of the activities)
2. Costa Rica (I didn't meet the leaders, but they seemed cool; I loved ALL the activities, lower price)
3. Mystery (yay adventure!)
4. Panama (activities and leaders seemed good; lower price)
5. Belize (activities seemed good; lower price)

My GMAT debrief

Current Student

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2015 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 25 Apr 2013, 13:22
I'm looking for a third roommate (male) for MPP to move in in August. Is anyone interested? PM me!

My GMAT debrief

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: Q V
WE: Engineering (Health Care)
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 27

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2015 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 26 Apr 2013, 06:11
On the waiting list for RW :?

My preferences: Costa Rica, Jordan, Guatemala, Alaska and Ireland. I thought about Wisconsin too but in the end, I felt it was better to shell out and go to a place that I'd really enjoy rather than pick the cheapest. Also not convinced by the pricing.

My MBA application journey, one step at a time https://spoonfulofmba.wordpress.com

Current Student
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 6

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2015 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2013, 10:08
NonYankee wrote:
whan311 wrote:

Y'know, I was really thinking about Wisconsin... It looks beautiful, and I like all the activities planned; but I didn't feel that the price was justified. I mean, money is gonna be a bit tight for me, but for that very reason I should choose the trip that is the best value, not simply the cheapest. It was a tough decision to take Wisconsin off my list.

So my top five ended up being:
1. UAE (I loved the leaders, the destination, and most of the activities)
2. Costa Rica (I didn't meet the leaders, but they seemed cool; I loved ALL the activities, lower price)
3. Mystery (yay adventure!)
4. Panama (activities and leaders seemed good; lower price)
5. Belize (activities seemed good; lower price)

I'm not going on a RW but if I did, I would have put UAE #1 as well. I walked up to their booth at the fair and asked what the trip was going to be like. Without missing a beat, one of the leaders says "it's gonna get weird, man." That's all I needed to know
VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 98

Kudos [?]: 401 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2015 - Admitted Students Thread [#permalink] New post 27 Apr 2013, 15:51
Hey all! I'm not part of the 2015 facebook group so I can't post there. Would one of you be able to do me a favor and pass a message on to your class. I am looking for a roommate for next school year. Lease would be from August 15. It's a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom apartment in the South Loop (11th and State St). HWF in the common areas, plush carpet in the bedroom. Common areas are already furnished. Stainless steel appliances in the kitchen. In unit washer/dryer. Great views of downtown and Lake Michigan. Nearby public transportation (Metra, CTA red line, 192 Express bus to U Chicago, 146 bus to Gleacher, and more), grocery shopping (Target, Jewel, Trader Joe's), restaurants, etc. Rent is $1150/month + electricity (varies from $10-$30/month per person). I also have pictures.

Thanks for passing along.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Re: Chicago Booth Class of 2015 - Admitted Students Thread   [#permalink] 27 Apr 2013, 15:51