Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 17 Apr 2014, 08:02

STARTING SHORTLY:

Dealing with a Ding - Webinar by GMATClub and Admissionado Consulting.

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Chicago Booth Vs Kellogg

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Chicago Booth Vs Kellogg [#permalink] New post 05 Feb 2009, 07:19
I have been admitted to the WEEKEND PART-TIME MBA program at both Kellogg and Chicago Booth. I am very excited and am in a good dilemma.

I would like to hear the pros/cons of both the schools before making my decision. I appreciate all the responses.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Marshall '11

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: Chicago Booth Vs Kellogg [#permalink] New post 11 Feb 2009, 15:44
based on my knowledge, Kellogg is more known for marketing vs. more quant. emph. for Booth. So it'll depend on your industry. If you're going for a wknd part-time, I imagine you'll commute to campus, so I'll also consider the commute time. B-school is hectic as it is, you don't want to add additional stress and wasted time waiting in traffic.
Director
Director
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Followers: 59

Kudos [?]: 261 [0], given: 86

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
Re: Chicago Booth Vs Kellogg [#permalink] New post 13 Feb 2009, 10:48
Congrats on the dual admits. I'm considering applying to both part-time programs as well :)

From what I have gathered, Booth's part-time program has a few advantages:
-Students do not need to remain employed (if you lose your job you can take a full-time courseload)
-Students can bid for classes at the Harper Center, although it will be difficult to get them.
-Students can recruit along with full-time Booth students (same events).

Negative for Kellogg
-Students receiving tuition assistance from their employers cannot recruit on-campus.
-Students must remain employed (I believe this is true, but I might be mistaken)

Both schools are great, but I'd say it comes down to what you want out of the experience. Go to the school that has the best course offerings, culture, facilities, etc. I would be receiving employer sponsorship, so I would probably choose Booth just incase I lost my job or decided to recruit for a new one.

***Full Disclosure***
I haven't visited an info session for either of these part-time programs. I have only visited Booth's Harper Center.
Intern
Intern

Re: Chicago Booth Vs Kellogg [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2009, 17:14
Based on my research and discussions with some students, I feel Booth has the following edge:

1) PT program at Booth is older than Kellogg's
2) Booth offers classes on Fridays for PT students. This is important if one wants to finish his mba sooner.
3) Opportunity for PT students to attend speaker, guest series on weekends. I don't think Kellogg has many speaker series program on weekends.
4) With the $300 mill, I believe Booth is positioned to beome even better.

Also, for OCR-On campus recruiting, I believe the requirements are the same in both schools:singing a waiver form from one's supervisor. About PT students not being fully employed, I think it is valid at most of the other schools too.
Intern
Intern

Re: Chicago Booth Vs Kellogg [#permalink] New post 27 Mar 2009, 22:44
how soon after submitting the application, were you notified of the admission at both booth and kellogg.
Re: Chicago Booth Vs Kellogg   [#permalink] 27 Mar 2009, 22:44