Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 23:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Chicago Booth vs. Kellogg for Corporate Strategy

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Chicago Booth vs. Kellogg for Corporate Strategy [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 18:52
Hi All,

I was admitted to both Chicago Booth and Kellogg in the first round and am genuinely torn between the two schools. I currently work as a management consultant in a non-MBB firm and am interested in pursuing a career in corporate strategy following my MBA. Like many consultants, the travel and lifestyle just isn't for me. That said, I'm trying to determine the relative strength of Booth vs. Kellogg when it comes to both their strategy curriculum and, most importantly, their ability to place students in corporate strategy departments.

Also, just so you know where my head is at, I'm currently leaning towards Booth as they gave me a $20K+ scholarship and Kellogg hasn't given me any financial aid award nor do I think they will. I just can't imagine that there would be so many more opportunities from Kellogg that it is worth turning down the money but want to make sure I do my full due diligence.

Look forward to hearing from you guys.
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Anderson '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 25

Reviews Badge
Re: Chicago Booth vs. Kellogg for Corporate Strategy [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 19:00
Both will give you good options, it just depends on your personal preference. $20K is definitely nice but not the deciding factor. Personally I like Kellogg's culture a bit more, but that's just me.
Current Student
Concentration: Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.41
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 133 [0], given: 78

Premium Member
Re: Chicago Booth vs. Kellogg for Corporate Strategy [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 20:28
Go visit, talk to alumni, reach out to the career centers. You may just end up confirming what you already know intellectually, but talking to lots of people from the school may give you a better sense of the culture and whether you'd fit in. Kellogg is slower with its scholarships because it decides them alongside R2 decisions I believe.

Blogging about the MBA application process. Because I need to do something with all this bschool energy.
http://www.mybreakaway.com/ Recent post: September 20, "Transitions"

Yale School of Management MBA Candidate, 2015.

VP
VP
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
WE: Sales (Consumer Products)
Followers: 98

Kudos [?]: 401 [0], given: 73

Premium Member
Re: Chicago Booth vs. Kellogg for Corporate Strategy [#permalink] New post 16 Jan 2013, 22:52
I can't comment on Kellogg's strategy curriculum because I don't go there. Booth's is very robust. I took competitive strategy in my first quarter and really liked it. Learned a ton. I've also received interest emails and calls from companies for corporate strategy roles so I know they do recruit here and post jobs on Booth's career site.
You coming to the admit weekends? The info you'll get there should help you make a decision.

The Brain Dump - From Low GPA to Top MBA (Updated September 1, 2013) - A Few of My Favorite Things--> http://cheetarah1980.blogspot.com

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: Q V
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Chicago Booth vs. Kellogg for Corporate Strategy [#permalink] New post 17 Jan 2013, 04:58
cheetarah1980 wrote:
I can't comment on Kellogg's strategy curriculum because I don't go there. Booth's is very robust. I took competitive strategy in my first quarter and really liked it. Learned a ton. I've also received interest emails and calls from companies for corporate strategy roles so I know they do recruit here and post jobs on Booth's career site.
You coming to the admit weekends? The info you'll get there should help you make a decision.

Definitely going to both admit weekends, just trying to learn as much as possible beforehand.
Re: Chicago Booth vs. Kellogg for Corporate Strategy   [#permalink] 17 Jan 2013, 04:58