Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 20 Oct 2014, 15:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Chicago Booth - Weekend program

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q V
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 3

Chicago Booth - Weekend program [#permalink] New post 14 Sep 2012, 07:28
Hello,

First, just a glimpse of my profile:
Asian Male working as a Hardware Engineer in a Hardware (Microprocessor) company in San Francisco Bay Area for almost 5 years now - "Tech Lead" for the last year leading a team of 5.
GMAT: 710
UnderGrad GPA: ~3.5
Masters GPA: 3.8

Post-MBA goals: To start my own company with a mix of Tech. & Sports. Have an idea to start this in a different country (in Asia). I have already started working towards it.

I am looking at Part-Time programs (Fall 2013) since Full-Time is really not feasible at the moment.

Question:
1. What are my chances of getting into Chicago Booth Weekend Program?
2. I would love to hear from a current Weekend student regarding how students who travel from outside of Chicago (esp. San Francisco) are able to get what they want out of this program since they can afford to be in Chicago just for a day! How about assignments/projects/course-work that need team-work?

I guess I am evaluating between Haas EWMBA and Chicago Booth Weekend program. Any inputs will be invaluable.

Thanks!
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: Chicago Booth - Weekend program [#permalink] New post 05 Oct 2012, 04:43
If you check out the website you are on the high end of the class profile for P/T. I would say you would get in, but I'm not an expert. How many years of work experience?

I'm a bit more on the low end of the class profile. I might re-take the GMAT being at 25th percentile, but I'm not sure how much better I could do. I've scored 670 on practice tests, but scored 650 on test day.

White Male
4 years (at matric.) at Bank of America as a market risk manager w/ 0 directs
1 year at Duke Energy as a plant systems engineer
1.5 years as design engineer for URS (engineering/consulting firm)
GMAT: 650
ECs: 4 years of club rowing at Clemson, habitat/humane society past few months
UnderGrad GPA: ~3.4 (Electrical Engineering @ Clemson)
Masters GPA: ~3.3 (Mathematical Finance @ UNCC)

Post-MBA goals: ??? I really need to work on my story. I have worked alongside balance sheet hedging traders for 3 years at matric and a natural progression would be trading. The Booth MBA would get me there but I don't think this is that great of a story.

I'd like to do the organizational concentration as I think I have a very technical background/experience, and I think getting the broad management training would prepare me for a senior leadership role.

Maybe I would be a better fit for Kellogg P/T?
Re: Chicago Booth - Weekend program   [#permalink] 05 Oct 2012, 04:43