Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 315 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
rhyme wrote:
You haven't posted for over a year and then suddenly this week you go and post about your blog in more than one thread.... hmmm..

most people contacted me through the blog, so I thought since i used help from here before I might as well mention that i do still exist and havent fallen off the planet
either ways... best of luck to everyone
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Nsentra wrote:
I have actually noticed your blog sometime ago. I think your analogy of comparing an admissions process to approaching a girl is spot on. You gotta find the right balance of being confident, determined, interesting and smooth.. now if only I could flip my chick magnet skills on adcoms

Thanks...yea that post appealed to a few people. i really believe it, and i was shooting as straight as possible.
I still remember being super nervous for my interview, and then I realized I am not gonna get intimidated, cause if i was the interviewer, i would have no sympathy for me and would think i am a weakling who cant handle the stress of a b school interview, so how can i know this guy is someone i would be proud of having in my alumni network.
this is an xtreme analogy but it worked to calm me down and i went in still nervous but lesser than before.

FYI: another thing, with the schools i got into I realized the thing that stood out the most was not me mentioning generic USP's the school sold but the tailored customized stories i had about experiences with students there, articles i read, guest speakers i heard about etc.
EVERYONE should be on wharton's website, clear admits website, league of mba bloggers or whtever u find, checking out the blogs they post of guys from the big schools, use any bit of info u can to get an upper hand. i cannot emphasize enough how important it is to distinguish yourself.

i think alot of people get consumed in the herd mentality, be yourself, sounds cliched and it is, but its the best advice...no recipe exists. one of my frnds at school got in saying he didnt know where he would go after his mba but just didnt wanna do wht he was doing ...so much for thinking...u gotta have the best post MBA gameplan to get in. anything can work it has to be convincing and genuine...
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
Re: Chicago GSB [#permalink]
Rupstar wrote:
Hi I am currently a First year at the GSB...if neone has questions feel free to contact me via my blog, through which i frequently advise prospectives.
rupinthomas.wordpress.com

Thanks Rupstar for taking your time to discuss about the Admission process.

Cheerz
Oz
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Chicago GSB [#permalink]