Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 22 Sep 2014, 16:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Chicago GSB: Oct 12th Roll Call

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
Manager
Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2007, 18:53
rhyme wrote:
burger2001 wrote:
I'm still in. Where are we meeting on Thursday?

The events friday :) but if you mean in relation to the TNDC... I'm not sure where it is yet.

Have you been to any of the TNDC events yet? I'm curious to see what types of bars and clubs GSB'ers hang out at.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 65

Kudos [?]: 336 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 20 Sep 2007, 23:16
I'm *very* disappointed that I had to write a "rejection" letter to "Nathan" welcoming me to GSB Live... grr... oh well, there is always November.

Good thing I decided not to make this, I got another job tacked on to my workload yesterday at lunch... grrr...

Actually... I'll be flying out to DC 10/2, I might try to make Chicago a stopover and go visit you rhyme ;)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 257

Kudos [?]: 1550 [0], given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
 [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2007, 05:33
forcefeed wrote:
rhyme wrote:
burger2001 wrote:
I'm still in. Where are we meeting on Thursday?

The events friday :) but if you mean in relation to the TNDC... I'm not sure where it is yet.

Have you been to any of the TNDC events yet? I'm curious to see what types of bars and clubs GSB'ers hang out at.

It varies a lot. I missed last nights cause im sick... but its a pretty wide variety - sports bars, upscale bars, nightclub type places, you name it, theres probably been a TNDC.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2007, 05:34
nervousgmat wrote:
Rhyme, add me to the list. we just received a confirmation of the event. it starts at 9AM at the Harper Center

PM me your email so we can all coordinate.
Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2010
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2007, 06:26
rhyme wrote:
nervousgmat wrote:
Rhyme, add me to the list. we just received a confirmation of the event. it starts at 9AM at the Harper Center

rhyme, what does your class schedule for thursday look like? i just realized the gsb event has no class visit...im thinking of getting into a class on thursday, do you mind if i shadow you?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2007, 07:05
dabots wrote:
rhyme wrote:
nervousgmat wrote:

rhyme, what does your class schedule for thursday look like? i just realized the gsb event has no class visit...im thinking of getting into a class on thursday, do you mind if i shadow you?

You are welcome to... but I dont have anything very interesting on Thursdays unfortunately. I have Statistics -- which isnt very sexy -- but at least its with one of the more "famous" professors in the area and he's quite engaging.... Its entirely up to you, you are welcome to shadow me. Just email me or PM me -- give me a little notice though so I can ask the professor for permission.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2007, 16:40
Dabots, I got permission to take you to stats with me if you want. Let me know.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 694 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2007, 16:46
Rhyme, any word if its OK for me to go to class on Wed?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2007, 17:40
riverripper wrote:

I haven't talked to that prof yet - he hasnt been around - I was just gonna ask him Monday afternoon. I'm 99% sure he will say its OK, so I would say to plan on it and we can confirm Monday night (make sure you have my cell or something). I'd be surprised if he said no (though some profs don't allow it).
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2007, 19:18
rhyme wrote:
riverripper wrote:
I am in town all week, not sure whats you are talking about though. Your idea for friday morning sounds good. The afternoon idea sounds good now but I am not sure what they have set up for us and what time its going to end.

You should hunt down some of the other gmatclubbers who are now attending GSB and see if they want to help you out...it seems like there is going to be a pretty good crowd of us there.

I had dinner with one of them tonight, he suggested he might be game but I'll let him volunteer if he so chooses.

I believe he's referencing me there. I'm definitely up for meeting next week, having also managed to avoid Friday classes. Rhyme can answer just about any question you have about the school, but my background is a bit different and may be worth something to those from similar careers.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2007, 19:38
09App wrote:
rhyme wrote:
riverripper wrote:
I am in town all week, not sure whats you are talking about though. Your idea for friday morning sounds good. The afternoon idea sounds good now but I am not sure what they have set up for us and what time its going to end.

You should hunt down some of the other gmatclubbers who are now attending GSB and see if they want to help you out...it seems like there is going to be a pretty good crowd of us there.

I had dinner with one of them tonight, he suggested he might be game but I'll let him volunteer if he so chooses.

I believe he's referencing me there. I'm definitely up for meeting next week, having also managed to avoid Friday classes. Rhyme can answer just about any question you have about the school, but my background is a bit different and may be worth something to those from similar careers.

I was talking about you :) How you doing? I hear you have this (!@#!(@ cough (!@#!(@ going around too, eh?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink] New post 21 Sep 2007, 19:39
Also, I heard from DSAC today that there will be opportunities for class visits on Friday. (Take that as tentative I think) I don't have specifics, but I'll try to find out.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2007, 08:38
riverripper wrote:

Riverripper. You can come. The prof says he's fine with it as long as there is space and you are ready to be called upon.... :)

I can help you prepare in case he decides to call on you (which I highly highly doubt he will).
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2007, 11:52
Yes, I have the dreaded cold that's going around as well. It's not all bad, because staying in gives me time to install the new doors on our place. I've been itching for a home improvement project and this is the only major one I have now that we're renters (landlord paid for mats, of course). Sawdust and power tools are great for relaxation.

To all applicants, load up on vitamins and cold meds before the two weeks of Core. After spending two weeks in constant meetings with 560 people, odds are pretty good that you'll end up sick. It's not fun missing out on some of the great bar nights prior to classes when everyone is really open to making new friends.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2007, 12:43
09App wrote:
Yes, I have the dreaded cold that's going around as well. It's not all bad, because staying in gives me time to install the new doors on our place. I've been itching for a home improvement project and this is the only major one I have now that we're renters (landlord paid for mats, of course). Sawdust and power tools are great for relaxation.

To all applicants, load up on vitamins and cold meds before the two weeks of Core. After spending two weeks in constant meetings with 560 people, odds are pretty good that you'll end up sick. It's not fun missing out on some of the great bar nights prior to classes when everyone is really open to making new friends.

I'm deep into indifference curves, the engel curve, changes in income, sprinkled with a little covariance and expected portfolio returns, topped off with some case on pollution negotiation, followed by a case on russian ice cream manufacturer ice fili.

I'm about to get my ass KICKED by the GSB I think.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 694 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2007, 17:41
Well my wife and I are officially in Chicago now. The weather is great, actually too sunny and warm for this time of year in my opinion. I am suprised with just how many tourists are around, our hotel is fully booked for the week.
Manager
Manager

[#permalink] New post 22 Sep 2007, 20:52
Rhyme, I think the oft used "time management" skill is key, particularly for the case courses. Just like in undergrad, you have to quickly figured out which information is valuable, and which readings can just be skimmed or ignored. You can never keep up with everything in business school and still have a life.

Riverripper, I highly suggest the Chicago architecture tour if that interests you. I've heard a lot of good things and plan to take it myself tomorrow. Not a bad way to see some of the sights and get a feel for the layout of the city.

http://www.architecture.org/tour_view.aspx?TourID=8
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

[#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2007, 16:57

****** FINALIZED MEETING DETAILS ******

TIME: ~ 8 to 8.15am Friday

WHERE: In front of the Student Lounge next to the student mailfolders and the "antique trading desk". To get there, when you walk in the front door, just walk past the security guard down the hallway immediately behind him (or ask him for directions). I'll either be standing outside the lounge doors. I may even drag a chair over there and sit in it.

WHY: Cause

WHAT IF YOU ARE LATE: I'll email Rose and tell her you don't have good time management skills. Just kidding. Nothing happens. You miss out on a meetup and later people you dont know will poke fun at you for it on the internet, which as we all know, is the most important place on earth to have respect.

HOW DO I CONTACT U?: PM me for my cell ph #.
Manager
Manager
Followers: 5

Kudos [?]: 21 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
 [#permalink] New post 25 Sep 2007, 17:30
09App wrote:
Rhyme, I think the oft used "time management" skill is key, particularly for the case courses. Just like in undergrad, you have to quickly figured out which information is valuable, and which readings can just be skimmed or ignored. You can never keep up with everything in business school and still have a life.

Riverripper, I highly suggest the Chicago architecture tour if that interests you. I've heard a lot of good things and plan to take it myself tomorrow. Not a bad way to see some of the sights and get a feel for the layout of the city.

http://www.architecture.org/tour_view.aspx?TourID=8

I am ashamed to say I have lived in Chicago all my life and have never taken the architectural boat tour :cry:.

I wonder if I can make that my HBS mistake essay?
VP
VP
Followers: 19

Kudos [?]: 115 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User Reviews Badge
 [#permalink] New post 28 Sep 2007, 18:18
Rhyme,

Thanks for meeting up with us before the GSB Live event!
Thanks forcefeed, river, dabots, and dosa for showing up :)
It was nice to finally see the faces behind the screen names.
  [#permalink] 28 Sep 2007, 18:18