Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 01 Sep 2014, 20:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

******CHICAGOLAND MEETUP AUG/SEP 2009, UPDATED INSIDE******

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE: Business Development (Consumer Products)
Followers: 252

Kudos [?]: 1533 [1] , given: 7

GMAT Tests User Premium Member
Re: ******CHICAGOLAND MEETUP - DATES INSIDE, SEE LAST PAGE****** [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2008, 09:08
This post received
KUDOS
riverripper wrote:
Tell that to my wife...We have so much crap that we are worried about where it will all fit. I was out with some of the other gmatclub members and I think the consensus is we are already too occupied with things to even be able to schedule anything more than a day in advance. I am doubting the turnout of the Kellogg folks...seems everyone is wrapped up in life in Evanston already and will take a few months until people have settled into a routine.

What are you guys, 90 years old? You have no idea what busy is yet!!! .... busy is when you have two firm interviews at 8am on Monday, each back to back with two 45-minute slots each, followed by a corporate conversation at 11am to 12pm, and a midterm at 1 that ends at 4, followed by a dinner with a firm at 6.30 at some downtown restaurant, followed by another interview the next morning you need to prepare for.

Allow me to explain how to make it work:

"Honey, where do I put the rose petal aroma therapy candles?"
"Golly gee pumpkinbutt, how bout in the bathroom! I don't know we are soooo busy!"
"I know! Yesterday I had to program our TIVO!!!"
"No way!"
"Way!"
"I know, and today, I had to cut my morning yoga meditation to an hour!"
"Wow, thats just awful."
"I know. I know. I feel so stressed, the muscles in my pinky toe are totally tense."
"Hey didn't you have that awesome dinner planned next week?"
"Yea, but I don't think I'll go."
"Why not?"
"I dont know, im just so busy."
"You should go"
"You think so? Why?"
"Well, first of all, you'll meet a bunch of other people at Kellogg and Chicago, and you never know who can help you get that dream job of yours."
"Animal Handler at Barnum and Bailey?"
"No the other one."
"Investment Banker to the Gods?"
"Yea, that one."
"Ok, but if I go, I'm going to lose like 3 hours of my evening."
"I'll come with you. It'll be fun. We can meet other couples. It'll be a good chance for me to hear about what to expect in recruiting cycle so I dont end up divorcing you"
"You know what, your right! The feng shui waterfall can wait till Monday."
"Indeed it can."
"Lets do it."
"You are so awesome"
"So are you too. Lets make out"

(fade to black)
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
WE 1: Social Gaming
Followers: 64

Kudos [?]: 333 [0], given: 14

GMAT Tests User
Re: ******CHICAGOLAND MEETUP - DATES INSIDE, SEE LAST PAGE****** [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2008, 17:15
LOL! Kudos rhyme :)

GMAT Club Knowledge Vault:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/123
Haas Ambassador
http://gmatclub.com/forum/128-t62555
Kryzak's Profile:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/111-t56286
Member Essays:
http://gmatclub.com/forum/103-t50969

Director
Director
Schools: Duke 2012
Followers: 14

Kudos [?]: 114 [0], given: 16

GMAT Tests User
Re: ******CHICAGOLAND MEETUP - DATES INSIDE, SEE LAST PAGE****** [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2008, 17:35
rhyme wrote:
"Well, first of all, you'll meet a bunch of other people at Kellogg and Chicago, and you never know who can help you get that dream job of yours."
"Animal Handler at Barnum and Bailey?"
(fade to black)

Haha, maybe people would come if you offered up this one. Though I'd prefer trapeze artist myself.

I say if it takes you more than a half a day to unpack, then you didn't throw enough stuff away.

I'd offer to grace you guys with my presence ;), but I'm leaving for vacation in San Francisco on Sunday - yay!

"Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity." - Frank Leahy

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

Director
Director
Schools: Chicago Booth 2010
Followers: 6

Kudos [?]: 25 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: ******CHICAGOLAND MEETUP - DATES INSIDE, SEE LAST PAGE****** [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2008, 18:15
rhyme and i are going to have an awesome time
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 1533 [0], given: 7

Re: ******CHICAGOLAND MEETUP - DATES INSIDE, SEE LAST PAGE****** [#permalink] New post 11 Aug 2008, 18:36
!(@# yea.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: ******CHICAGOLAND MEETUP - DATES INSIDE, SEE LAST PAGE****** [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2008, 08:43
I want to come but I don't have a way to get there there :(

I know it is a long shot but if anyone from Ross is planning on going let me know

GO BLUE !!!

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Re: ******CHICAGOLAND MEETUP - DATES INSIDE, SEE LAST PAGE****** [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2008, 12:08
Darden2010 wrote:
I want to come but I don't have a way to get there there :(

I know it is a long shot but if anyone from Ross is planning on going let me know

Megabus.com is your friend.

Sun August 17, 2008
Ann Arbor U of M State St Park and Ride - Chicago, Union Station 1 seat = $29.00
1 passenger
9:00 AM Depart Ann Arbor U of M State St Park and Ride
Chicago, Union Station 12:40 PM

Mon August 18, 2008
Chicago, Union Station - Ann Arbor U of M State St Park and Ride 1 seat = $26.00
1 passenger
8:30 AM Depart Chicago, Union Station
Ann Arbor U of M State St Park and Ride 2:10 PM

Grand total:$55.50
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Re: ******CHICAGOLAND MEETUP - DATES INSIDE, SEE LAST PAGE****** [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2008, 14:21
Fyi we have 9 RSVPs so far
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 14 [0], given: 0

Re: ******CHICAGOLAND MEETUP - DATES INSIDE, SEE LAST PAGE****** [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2008, 15:33
I would have loved to be there but I will be accross the Atlantic for 2 weeks. Hopefully we'll be able to repeat that sometime in the fall !
1 KUDOS received
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 1533 [1] , given: 7

Re: ******CHICAGOLAND MEETUP - DATES INSIDE, SEE LAST PAGE****** [#permalink] New post 12 Aug 2008, 17:24
This post received
KUDOS
Ok all, here are the details:

I made reservations for 6:30pm for 9 people (you know who you are)

Chicago, IL 60613
773-477-5466

Time: 6:30pm (a little early but i figure with 9 people, someone is bound to be late)

Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... 27637&z=15

Menu: http://www.menupages.com/partnermenu.as ... 34066af465

Nearest L stop: Southport

Restaurant Details: The restaurant is BYOB, so if you want to bring some wine, go for it. I'll bring a bottle. Prices are generally reasonable, although some dishes are a bit expensive, you should know that portions are absolutely huge by any standard, so sharing is recommended.

A menu is here: http://www.menupages.com/partnermenu.as ... 34066af465

Getting there: Car is going to work well, if you plan on drinking, the L is a great choice and should be easy from downtown. Those of you in Hyde Park, I may be able to come grab you in the car.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: ******CHICAGOLAND MEETUP - DATES INSIDE, SEE LAST PAGE****** [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2008, 13:30
back to life after teaching a new employee, moving to US and catching up with life (cell phone, bank account, accounting class) here :) Talked to Darden and ncprasad today. If ncprasad will decide to go, we'll be in three, if not, hope to convince Darden to accept the cost of going to Chicago in two :) Though, kk returns from the trip this weekend and it's highly possible that he will join us too. So, shall have info about most of the people taking part by the tomorrow afternoon and full info on the weekend.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Re: ******CHICAGOLAND MEETUP - DATES INSIDE, SEE LAST PAGE****** [#permalink] New post 13 Aug 2008, 15:11
R.E.D. wrote:
back to life after teaching a new employee, moving to US and catching up with life (cell phone, bank account, accounting class) here :) Talked to Darden and ncprasad today. If ncprasad will decide to go, we'll be in three, if not, hope to convince Darden to accept the cost of going to Chicago in two :) Though, kk returns from the trip this weekend and it's highly possible that he will join us too. So, shall have info about most of the people taking part by the tomorrow afternoon and full info on the weekend.

CONVINCE THEM!!!

We have 9 people so far, plus two tentative folk, plus riverripper who is super tentative, plus you, darden, kk ncprasad if you make it. I really encourage you guys to do it - things will get real busy fast in your MBA programs - and dinner with 16 people is a blast.

Hope to see you there. Just let me know. I've PMed you my email and phone #.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 36 [0], given: 0

GMAT Tests User
Re: ******CHICAGOLAND MEETUP - DATES INSIDE, SEE LAST PAGE****** [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2008, 14:02
Quote:
CONVINCE THEM!!!

We have 9 people so far, plus two tentative folk, plus riverripper who is super tentative, plus you, darden, kk ncprasad if you make it. I really encourage you guys to do it - things will get real busy fast in your MBA programs - and dinner with 16 people is a blast.

darden is already convinced :) shall be calling kk tonight. ncprasad is 50/50, promises to give me a call once he decides.

Got your PM, thanks a lot!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Re: ******CHICAGOLAND MEETUP - DATES INSIDE, SEE LAST PAGE****** [#permalink] New post 14 Aug 2008, 14:13
R.E.D. wrote:
Quote:
CONVINCE THEM!!!

darden is already convinced :) shall be calling kk tonight. ncprasad is 50/50, promises to give me a call once he decides.

Got your PM, thanks a lot!

Well, I hope you guys make it. A good crowd cant be beat.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Re: ******CHICAGOLAND MEETUP - DATES INSIDE, SEE LAST PAGE****** [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2008, 13:32
no news is good news?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 692 [0], given: 5

GMAT Tests User
Re: ******CHICAGOLAND MEETUP - DATES INSIDE, SEE LAST PAGE****** [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2008, 13:56
Sorry it is going to be a no-go for me...I know a lot of the Kellogg folks wont be able to make it either but maybe a few will be able to make it and represent for us. Maybe in a few months when things settle down more of us will be able to get together.

Everything has been amazing here so far, having tons of fun and meeting lots of great folks including most of the gmatclub folks. I think my wife is actually enjoying it more than I have been so far, except for the job hunt part that is. Hope GSB and Ross is treating you guys just as well.

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Re: ******CHICAGOLAND MEETUP - DATES INSIDE, SEE LAST PAGE****** [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2008, 16:21
riverripper wrote:
Maybe in a few months when things settle down more of us will be able to get together.

Famous last words.
VP
VP
Schools: Chicago Booth Class of 2010
Followers: 10

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 3

GMAT Tests User
Re: ******CHICAGOLAND MEETUP - DATES INSIDE, SEE LAST PAGE****** [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2008, 20:34
rhyme wrote:
riverripper wrote:
Maybe in a few months when things settle down more of us will be able to get together.

Famous last words.

I'm busy too, but I'm going. Little things such as buying olives take time for me, everything is new, and I JUST CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY OPTIONS THERE ARE ON SUPERMARKETS. Now back on right mood. Furniture, hasn't come also, they will on Wednesday (Hopefully), we're still sleeping at an Air Bed (or whatever the name is), but I'll make it. I can't stand anymore, getting into the same store for the 5th time and still my wife doesn't know if the bloody thing is the right thing (please nobody tells anything about that on Sunday). Oh and to make things worse, try to buy a cel phone with no Credit Score...

Come on River just make it happen :lol:

Rhyme´s guide to interviewing
http://www.gmatclub.com/forum/t55030

Kwam's Profile
111-t57360

SVP
SVP
Schools: Ross '10
Followers: 12

Kudos [?]: 161 [0], given: 1

GMAT Tests User
Re: ******CHICAGOLAND MEETUP - DATES INSIDE, SEE LAST PAGE****** [#permalink] New post 15 Aug 2008, 21:42
Looks like I wont be able to make it on Sunday. Darden and RED should be there, so the Ross gang will at least be represented. Have fun everyone!

Oh, and can I just say that accounting is a piece of #@!^
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Re: ******CHICAGOLAND MEETUP - DATES INSIDE, SEE LAST PAGE****** [#permalink] New post 16 Aug 2008, 07:09
ncprasad wrote:
Looks like I wont be able to make it on Sunday. Darden and RED should be there, so the Ross gang will at least be represented. Have fun everyone!

Oh, and can I just say that accounting is a piece of #@!^

If you have their emails or ph # can you send it my way?
Re: ******CHICAGOLAND MEETUP - DATES INSIDE, SEE LAST PAGE******   [#permalink] 16 Aug 2008, 07:09