Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 30 Sep 2014, 01:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Chinese and Indian books

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Chinese and Indian books [#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2004, 09:02
Dear All,

I already bought some Gmat material like Kaplan books, Ets...
I heard recently that there are some amazing indian and chinese bibles far better than ets one with lots of questions classified by types...
Did you hear some stuffs about that ? Do you have any reference ?

Thanks in advance.

F
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 23 Feb 2004, 12:55
I have never heard that. As ETS is the company that does the GMAT, there is no better practice material for the GMAT than ETS materials. Anything else you've heard is bogus and possibly a ploy just to sell books!
Intern
Intern

[#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2004, 05:07
Dear All,

As I mentioned previously and after some data gathering I can confirm a part of what I was wondering, from French contacts I had there, that is : chinese books exist, half in english, half in chinese with much more material that ETS one. As chinese and indian MBA applicants markets are quite similar, I do not have any doubt that such unlegal books exixt in India, fully in english... Maybe is it the hidden part of the indian gmat amazing results...

F.

PS: I am still interested in beeing connected with nybody able to provide such material ! More than ever !
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Ridiculous.. [#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2004, 07:21
X wrote: I do not have any doubt that such unlegal books exixt in India'

It is a ridiculous statement. They score high because of the education system and not bacause of the "unlegal books".

I know that the old GMAT paper tests are the once in circulation and you can get those from GMAT plus and other sources.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

[#permalink] New post 27 Feb 2004, 13:24
I agree with mantha.

'X', before making such strong statements please post your sources and the "unlegal books" or other things that you are talking about.

I believe that you can get a hold of any resources that anyone else has access to ... especially given the advancement in technology and document transfer over the internet.

Lastly, I don't see how it can make any difference if you have some more questions or material. Many guys have got excellent scores studying hard - not studying "unlegal" stuff. The OG is the only book with actual test questions. Any other material is just to help you and never the actual.

I would suggest you concentrate on your own efforts rather than these side issues for now. Also, if you want to see one of the reasons why Indians score more on GMAT take a look at the CAT questions, CAT is the entrance exam for TOP MBA schools in India ... it is atleast 3 times more difficult than GMAT. I know Indians who study from CAT before taking GMAT.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 16

Re: Chinese and Indian books [#permalink] New post 29 Dec 2011, 03:55
This is a very old discussion thread. However, currently, ETS does not administer GMAT; am not sure if it ever did. It's the GMAC that administers GMAT. ETS administers GRE & TOEFL.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: UCSD (D)
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GPA: 2.99
Followers: 2

Kudos [?]: 47 [0], given: 66

Re: Chinese and Indian books [#permalink] New post 31 Dec 2011, 11:11
ETS use to adminster the test but it was transitioned over to Pearson VUE. THats the story at least here in the STATES
Re: Chinese and Indian books   [#permalink] 31 Dec 2011, 11:11