Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:31 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 661 [0]
 Q49  V35
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
akladow - Your post just saved me a lot of writing because I feel the exact way (and I feel your pain). However, I did even worse (470 on my first attempt - Q27, V28). I do plan on taking it again because like you, I scored consistently in the mid to low 600's on my practice tests.

I guess in order to determine your weak areas, you have to analyze your scaled score for each area (Q & V). For me, my scores are almost identical which means I have to work on both areas. Since most B-Schools stress Q, I'm going to work on those skills and aim for a Q score of at least 38, which, with the same V score, would give me a ~560. If I can then improve my V score a little, I may be able to get close to a 600; hey, at this point ANY score in the 550+ range is good to me. My target school ranges (P/T programs) are 550-750 and I think my application is very strong (with the exception of my GMAT score).

I think I let my nerves get to me. For V, I had 3 RC passages in a row and nearly fainted! From then on, my timing and whole mindset was off. On Q, I knew I was weak in geometry (from all my practice tests) and studied it almost exclusively this last month. What a mistake that was - I only had 1 geometry question on the test while I had a plethora of combination, permutation, and probability questions, which I didn't really study well. I was told that these types of questions are given to the real high scorers 675+ so I wasn't expecting that many, if any, at all. Oh well, learning experience I guess...

I'm not going to let this test beat me. I'm going to take this weekend off, analyze my strengths and weaknesses, and go from there. I just wish I had a break down of what questions I got wrong so I can figure out what TYPES of problems within Q & V I need more work on. For now, I'll just stick with "I need to work on everything" mantra - haha!

Don't give up and good luck!!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
Moderator:
Founder
37305 posts