I agree with you guys. I picked C for that reason.
But OA is A. Does anyone has any explanation what is wrong with C.
Oops..I got this question wrong. I picked (D).
I eliminated (A) because I've seen a OG SC question whose OA was not "so X as to Y". It was a question about an English King who did something as to marry someone. I don't exactly remember the question, tho.
However, (C) is wrong because the word "unable" cannot be used to "climatic shifts".
This is what I heard;
- the subject should have a will and a competency to do it.
- ex) Jane was unable to open the door. (O)
The door was unable to be opened. (X)
- can be used for both people and things.
- ex) Jane cannot open the door. (O)
The door cannot be opened. (O)
- the capacity is inborn, and does not change.
- ex) Jane is capable of opening the door. (?)
The door is capable of being opened. (?)
Correct me if I'm wrong.
Auge um Auge, Zahn um Zahn !