Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:31 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 257 [0]
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 135 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
That sucks man.....don't give up!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
sorry man, that sucks. but dont lose faith yet.

on the side, I applied CMU Rd 2 and got an email from a person in the admissions office that my application is not complete (not an automatic system email, etc). Email also said that final decisions will be made March 12. What does this mean?? No interview for me (thats what im smelling). :(
Did anyone else get this kinda correspondence?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Did it say why it wasn't complete ?

gmatmba wrote:

on the side, I applied CMU Rd 2 and got an email from a person in the admissions office that my application is not complete (not an automatic system email, etc). Email also said that final decisions will be made March 12. What does this mean?? No interview for me (thats what im smelling). :(
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
willget, don't loose heart...we all know this is such a subjective process. I'm sure something will come through.

gmatmba, if it was a person that sent it to you, maybe you could reply to them asking for specifics. You have time to adjust anything if you have to.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 112 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
lhotseface wrote:
Did it say why it wasn't complete ?

gmatmba wrote:

sorry, typo...grrr..

Email said - now complete
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: CMU ding [#permalink]
willget800 wrote:
Got a ding this afternoon from CMU.. Called them up.. I dont get any feedback till August..

This is ridiculous!!!

NOW I HAVE TO WAIT TILL AUGUST TO GET FEEDBACK>> WHICH MEANS IC ANNOT LEARN ON ANY OF THE MISTAKES FOR THIS YEARS R3 Applications!

Its like they want us to give everything on time.. and they cannot make time to give us candid feedback..

WTF

bad day!

Still waiting on Cornell R3 Interview - now have lost hopes!

Hard luck mate!! All the best for your cornell results..
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
gmatmba wrote:

R1 applicant here and you will get that mail as a confirmation of your application being complete. I completed my interview prior to submitting my apps so i received the mail in 4 days of submitting my app. Guess you will've your interview but you will be intimated of that later. I'm not sure whether Tepper admits people without interviews!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 121 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
thanks guys for your optimisim and keeping me going here..

CMU was a msc finance application that i submitted way back in october.

I think its ok, because maybe it wa smy first app and now that I don't want to go to msc finance, I have not felt too bad yet..

But.... they dont give feedback till Aug.. which really sucks.. I dont want to wait till then, because I am thinking of making one more application - probably to Oxford or something...
I would really like to get some good feedback..
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
willget800 wrote:
Got a ding this afternoon from CMU.. Called them up.. I dont get any feedback till August..

This is ridiculous!!!

NOW I HAVE TO WAIT TILL AUGUST TO GET FEEDBACK>> WHICH MEANS IC ANNOT LEARN ON ANY OF THE MISTAKES FOR THIS YEARS R3 Applications!

Its like they want us to give everything on time.. and they cannot make time to give us candid feedback..

WTF

bad day!

Probably they were very confident that u would get admission in a top college and must have dinged u for yield reasons. I have heard that CMU is paranoid that people tend to use it as a safety :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
venky1979 wrote:
willget800 wrote:

This is ridiculous!!!

WTF

bad day!

Probably they were very confident that u would get admission in a top college and must have dinged u for yield reasons. I have heard that CMU is paranoid that people tend to use it as a safety :)

Even, i've heard that Tepper thinks like that and proof of it is the fact that a number of applicants ( especially from india) were placed on the waitlist in R1. ( these are the kinda ppl/profiles who would have a got an admit last year!!) As the mbapodcaster website says, Tepper is kinda ' Show me that you like me ' school!! So you'll've to go outta of your way to show commitment to them. That said, I'm not sure whether doing so would have 'd an impact on your decision, specially when you've applied for MSCF.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
willget800 wrote:

This is ridiculous!!!

compare that to MIT

"P.S. Unfortunately we cannot conduct post-evaluative interviews with candidates we could not admit. As you can imagine, with over 3,000 applicants that procedure would consume almost the full-time attention of two employees. We are simply not staffed to be able to provide that service.
"

some c%^p huh!

On second note...i am interviewing with Tepper next tuesday on campus...any tips?

did you interview on campus?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I would get their early and talk to some students. For the most part students at CMU are very friendly and willing to help out.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
typicalgmatter wrote:
I would get their early and talk to some students. For the most part students at CMU are very friendly and willing to help out.

thanx for the pointer....i actually had an option of scheduling the interview either in the morning or in the afternoon...i chose the latter for the same reason...a campus tour and class room experience will give me some more ammo for the interview...

cheers!
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]