Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 22:20 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 22:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [1]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [1]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 200
Send PM
Re: CMU Tepper vs Notre Dame Mendoza (both with $) [#permalink]
Kudos
First of all, congratulations for getting into two great schools! :-)

I will suggest you to choose Tepper for its overall reputation. Also, you have been there before, and seems you have good memories of CMU. But you should visit both schools before choosing one. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CobraKai wrote:
I'm inclined to give the nod to Tepper for its overall repuation. When it comes to marketing specializations, it's really Kellogg and everyone else.

Take a look at the recruiting partners of both schools to see which lines up better with your interests:

If you want to get into CPG brand management, Heinz is right in your back yard at Tepper.

Good point! This is really helpful, thank you so much :D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AbhiJ wrote:
If money is not an issue and you are ready to work your ass off studying Marketing Analytics go to Tepper. Tepper is known for its tough curriculum and people do not get excellent grades. On the other hand Notre Dame should be more manageable.

Since I'm not that good at math and statistics to begin with, this is something I should definitely consider. Thank you, I'll keep this in mind! :D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
onion253 wrote:
First of all, congratulations for getting into two great schools! :-)

I will suggest you to choose Tepper for its overall reputation. Also, you have been there before, and seems you have good memories of CMU. But you should visit both schools before choosing one. Good luck!

Thank you!! :D

I do have good memories of CMU (awesome school!), and you're right, I'll see if I could find a chance to visit both schools. Thanks! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Given Kudos: 107
Send PM
Kudos
Also, have you considered where you want to end up after school? Mendoza places very heavily into the midwest, whereas at Tepper you will likely have a lot more east coast/mid-atlantic options.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
lb2015 wrote:
Also, have you considered where you want to end up after school? Mendoza places very heavily into the midwest, whereas at Tepper you will likely have a lot more east coast/mid-atlantic options.

Thanks! I totally forgot to take that into consideration :( Since I wanna go back to L.A. afterwards, Tepper seems more like it'd be able to help me do that! Thank you so much :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Given Kudos: 21
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.29
Send PM
Kudos
nuuann wrote:
lb2015 wrote:

Thanks! I totally forgot to take that into consideration :( Since I wanna go back to L.A. afterwards, Tepper seems more like it'd be able to help me do that! Thank you so much :)

Have you considered Anderson, Marshall or one of the other Cali-based schools? I figure it would be easier to place in LA from those schools rather than CMU, and the network in California would be pretty massive.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
westsidah408 wrote:
nuuann wrote:
lb2015 wrote:

Have you considered Anderson, Marshall or one of the other Cali-based schools? I figure it would be easier to place in LA from those schools rather than CMU, and the network in California would be pretty massive.

Thanks for the suggestion! : )

I did apply for Anderson and Marshall, but I didn't get into Anderson at all : ( and Marshall has placed me on wait list. Sigh. I can only hope for the best now, I guess...

Thanks again! : D
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1132 posts