Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 23 Oct 2014, 13:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Collaboration among business schools

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
VP
VP
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2011
Followers: 21

Kudos [?]: 238 [0], given: 17

Collaboration among business schools [#permalink] New post 04 May 2009, 06:35
To add more fuel to the M7/A7/M7+1 etc. debate on BW, Kellogg hosted a group of MBA student body presidents to discuss various aspects of MBA programs and student life. I knew that deans periodically got together, so this is an interesting extension to the schools' student leadership.

Quote:
The result: the first-ever Seven Schools Forum, which took place April 24-26 at the James L. Allen Center. By all accounts, the gathering was a groundbreaking success.

The participating business schools included Harvard, Columbia, Stanford, Wharton, the University of Chicago, and the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Each school sent its incoming and outgoing student presidents to Kellogg for a weekend of discussion and debate.

http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/New ... hools.aspx

Get the best GMAT Prep Resources with GMAT Club Premium Membership

SVP
SVP
Schools: Kellogg '11
Followers: 13

Kudos [?]: 179 [0], given: 31

Re: Collaboration among business schools [#permalink] New post 04 May 2009, 09:45
Interesting! That's the meeting that Dean Jain referred to during his welcome address at DAK2.

I wonder how Tuck felt about being left out?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.9
Followers: 29

Kudos [?]: 121 [0], given: 12

Re: Collaboration among business schools [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2009, 13:46
Haha... if I were Tuck I'd be damn bitter
Current Student
Schools: Kellogg Class of 2012
WE 1: Energy Risk Consulting
WE 2: Commodities Finance
Followers: 4

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 11

Re: Collaboration among business schools [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2009, 15:09
I stopped following the BW forums a while ago, but what does the A in the A8 mean? Is there any actual substance to this concept, or is it just BW being BW?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
Followers: 78

Kudos [?]: 701 [0], given: 5

Re: Collaboration among business schools [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2009, 15:35
Its funny how some clown created the "A8" and it seems to have caught on. I have seen numerous folks reference it. Its kind of like the ultra elite, elite, etc...

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.

SVP
SVP
Schools: Yale SOM 2011 Alum, Kellogg, Booth, Tuck
WE 1: IB - Restructuring & Distressed M&A
Followers: 73

Kudos [?]: 688 [0], given: 548

Reviews Badge
Re: Collaboration among business schools [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2009, 15:50
unhedged wrote:
I stopped following the BW forums a while ago, but what does the A in the A8 mean? Is there any actual substance to this concept, or is it just BW being BW?

A8 = Awesome 8....

I kid you not....

GMAT Forum Moderator
Schools: Wharton Class of 2011
Followers: 20

Kudos [?]: 77 [0], given: 14

Re: Collaboration among business schools [#permalink] New post 01 Jun 2009, 15:53
These concepts are ridiculous. The whole idea of clustering seems a little suspicious to me, there are greater differences between the schools within the same cluster than between the schools belonging to different clusters.

Some... well... guy on BW forum is really strongly pushing this idea of A8 and even claims HBS dean referred to this concept. The funniest part is that A8 cluster really exists, they sre even selling T-shirts with A8 logo, but it referrs to Ivey League universities - Ancient Eight or A8. I've found them here:
http://ivysport.com/category-category_id/377

Man, I saw your posting on BW and I can't say nothing but I admire you for having nerves to post among those... well... guys. :)

My GMAT experience
My retake experience - GMAT dropped from 720 to 690 - advice for retakers
My TOEFL experience - 108

Re: Collaboration among business schools   [#permalink] 01 Jun 2009, 15:53