Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 09 Jul 2014, 21:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

College shortlisting and Essays : Advise needed

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Sloan '16
GMAT Date: 08-31-2013
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 21

College shortlisting and Essays : Advise needed [#permalink] New post 24 Sep 2013, 20:27
GMAT score
• Verbal - 38
• Quant - 49
• Total - 710 / 92%
• An. Writing - 5
• IR - 8

Post MBA Goal : further enrich the current IT consultancy experience and eventually lead to an entrepreneurial career.
Applying for : admission to 2014 batch; application round 1/2 (2013-14)

I have limited information regarding the qualitative significance of programs offered by different colleges and hence am bit perplexed regarding which programs I should apply for and applying to which programs/colleges would be realistic :roll: .
I have currently opted for the following colleges to receive my scores:

1. Carnegie Mellon University - Tepper School of Business - MBA, Full Time
2. Cornell University - S. C. Johnson Graduate School of Management - MBA, Full Time
3. Dartmouth College - Tuck School of Business - MBA, Full Time
4. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) - MIT Sloan School of Management - MBA, Full Time
5. University of Chicago - Booth School of Business - MBA, Full Time

My profile:
1. Indian Male
2. 8.27/10 (honors) CGPA from accredited pvt. engineering institution (best college in state)
3. Overall 6 years of experience in IT, currently working with tier-1 US multinational IT consultancy firm, previously working with largest IT major across Asia.
4. 5 years (out of 6) of experience in purely lead roles leading teams of various sizes; 1 year of onite assignment in europe for telecom major, recently awarded employee of the quarter and nominated for early promotion.
5. Stakeholder and adviser in family owned nursery and prep school for underprivileged children.
6. Received unique award (awarded to only one student from the whole batch) from college association for organizing and efficient execution of cultural program during 2nd year. Also, received various awards for acing college competitions including debates, extempore etc.

With the above profile, I feel that I may be applicable to few of the well known programs but not sure of what could be a realistic expectation :wink: . As I understand colleges like Wharton, Harvard can only be a dream for now but the list of 5 colleges I have applied to share GMAT score with could be dream come true.

Any help in this regards would be a of great value. Kindly advice.

Thanks! :)
Kaplan GMAT Prep Discount CodesKnewton GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount Codes
College shortlisting and Essays : Advise needed   [#permalink] 24 Sep 2013, 20:27