Find all School-related info fast with the new School-Specific MBA Forum

It is currently 15 Sep 2014, 21:02

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Colleges for GMAT 730

Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Schools: Olin '16 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Colleges for GMAT 730 [#permalink] New post 05 May 2013, 11:11
Hi

This is Sathya. This is my first post in this forum. I need your help in evaluating my profile.

I am from India. I took GMAT last month and scored a 730
Score - 730 (Q - 49 V - 41)
AWA - 4
IR - 5

I know that the AWA and the IR score are slightly on the lower side. But still I just want to go ahead and apply for colleges with this score. I am looking for Fall 2014 entry and am planning on applying in the early action so that I might have better chances of landing a scholarship.

Profile:

10th grade - 91%
12th grade - 96%
UG CGPA - 8.5 (in scale of 4 - 3.5)

WE:
Sony India (1+ years)
Will complete 3 years by the time I get into a b-school.

Extracurriculars:

1) Have been playing football and represented college.
2) Have been an active member of Youth Red Cross during my college days.
3) Have organized many events in college and in office.

Am currently working for Sony as a software engineer( I know am competing with a larger pool of candidates!!)

Please let me know where do i exactly stand among the competing group. Let me know what are my chances of getting into a top b - school. Also , please provide me the list of colleges that I could apply for.

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Kaplan Promo CodeKnewton GMAT Discount CodesVeritas Prep GMAT Discount Codes
Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 2

Re: Colleges for GMAT 730 [#permalink] New post 10 May 2013, 12:13
Hi Sathya

Congratulations for getting such a high GMAT score. I must say your profile is really impressive. But, we will need more information to exactly comment on the B-Schools you can get.
Your strong academic performance and high score would help you to get in one of the top B-Schools. You can cover your low scores in AWA and IR with your strengths.
Besides strong academics, admission committee look for people who have demonstrated leadership ability, multi-tasking ability and who are results oriented. You have taken several initiatives but try to explain the results that you achieved. What are the results you achieved in the events organized at your college or company. What was the impact of your activities at Youth Red Cross? Take time to introspect and find situations in your life where you worked as team lead or took initiatives. These are essential to write a good application essay.

Best of Luck!
http://www.InterviewBay.com
Intern
Intern
Schools: Olin '16 (S)
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
Followers: 0

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Re: Colleges for GMAT 730 [#permalink] New post 10 May 2013, 23:47
Thanks for the quick response.

Also I have another query. Since am looking to apply for colleges in Round 1, it would be really helpful if you can let me know when does the deadline for the b-schools fall for Round 1.

Also, I do have financial constraints too. So, it would be better if i could get a scholarship. Having that in mind, which b-schools can be considered as safety options for my profile.
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V49
GPA: 3.8
WE: Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Followers: 3

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: Colleges for GMAT 730 [#permalink] New post 05 Jun 2013, 03:46
Hi Sathya,

You have good acads, CGPA, ECs and GMAT scores. This shows your potential academically. But how about leadership skills, post-MBA goals, achievements at work place and ability to work with others? These are also key elements while writing application essays and preparing for interviews. If you are able to articulate them skillfully then you will stand a chance in b-school(s).

With the given information, you may apply in Kellogg, Ross, Duke, Cornell, McCombs, Tepper, Oxford, Cambridge, ISB, NUS and Nanyang. You may try your chances in b-schools by clicking http://www.apphelp.co.in/b-school-selector.php

Let me know in case of further queries. You may PM your details for school selection and profile evluation.

Regards
Erina

sathyanl100 wrote:
Hi

This is Sathya. This is my first post in this forum. I need your help in evaluating my profile.

I am from India. I took GMAT last month and scored a 730
Score - 730 (Q - 49 V - 41)
AWA - 4
IR - 5

I know that the AWA and the IR score are slightly on the lower side. But still I just want to go ahead and apply for colleges with this score. I am looking for Fall 2014 entry and am planning on applying in the early action so that I might have better chances of landing a scholarship.

Profile:

10th grade - 91%
12th grade - 96%
UG CGPA - 8.5 (in scale of 4 - 3.5)

WE:
Sony India (1+ years)
Will complete 3 years by the time I get into a b-school.

Extracurriculars:

1) Have been playing football and represented college.
2) Have been an active member of Youth Red Cross during my college days.
3) Have organized many events in college and in office.

Am currently working for Sony as a software engineer( I know am competing with a larger pool of candidates!!)

Please let me know where do i exactly stand among the competing group. Let me know what are my chances of getting into a top b - school. Also , please provide me the list of colleges that I could apply for.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

GMAT-720
Undergrad- Top 5 college in India
MBA- Top 15 FT ranking b-school

Manager
Manager
Followers: 1

Kudos [?]: 19 [0], given: 2

Re: Colleges for GMAT 730 [#permalink] New post 20 Aug 2014, 02:54
sathyanl100 wrote:
Thanks for the quick response.

Also I have another query. Since am looking to apply for colleges in Round 1, it would be really helpful if you can let me know when does the deadline for the b-schools fall for Round 1.

Also, I do have financial constraints too. So, it would be better if i could get a scholarship. Having that in mind, which b-schools can be considered as safety options for my profile.

Hi Sathya

For the deadlines, you can check this post http://www.interviewbay.com/blog/applic ... 015-intake

B-Schools offer financial aids in various forms - scholarships, loans, etc. and these will vary from school to school. There are many other scholarships available for MBA students. You can check them out here http://www.interviewbay.com/blog/25-sch ... l-students
Re: Colleges for GMAT 730   [#permalink] 20 Aug 2014, 02:54