Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:49 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V46
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
WE:Accounting (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Other (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Re: Columbia 2013 (CBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
kj2015 wrote:

@NYUKellogg2015 I'm in the same boat with you! I had my interview on Tuesday and am now constantly checking my email hoping to see the notification that my interviewer submitted my feedback form. I think I'm going to wait until Tuesday before I send a follow-up email. Until then, I guess I'll continue my pacing...

It's annoying, eh? The process just sort of doesn't make sense to me. We're at the mercy of alums with no vested interest, meantime every minute they delay hurts us because the class is filling up. Kind of strange all around. That said my interviewer was great and ideally I'll stay in touch with him - so in that sense it was a cool networking opportunity.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
For those already admitted or interviewed, do you have any tips on who to select for your interview?

I googled my three options and here are my thoughts on each

#1 - Lives close to my apt and job. Is in the same field than I am in but from the surface, have nothing else in common.

#2 - Can't find info on them on the internet.

#3 - We went to the same HS and went to college in the same region. We are also the same ethinicity.

I just don't want to piss off admissions by going with the 3rd option since they ask you to work from the top down.

Thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Other (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
kriddick2 wrote:
For those already admitted or interviewed, do you have any tips on who to select for your interview?

#1 - Lives close to my apt and job. Is in the same field than I am in but from the surface, have nothing else in common.

#3 - We went to the same HS and went to college in the same region. We are also the same ethinicity.

I just don't want to piss off admissions by going with the 3rd option since they ask you to work from the top down.

Thoughts?

Did I miss the place on the interview invitation that told you to work from the top down on the interviewer list? On mine it says "To schedule your interview, you should reach out via email to one of the Ambassadors on the above list. Please contact only one Ambassador at a time, and allow each Ambassador two business days to respond before contacting the next Ambassador on the list" and they are not actually even numbered. If I were you I would not even hesitate to reach out to #3 - I picked mine based on a few mutual personal interests I saw from my research--though he was also the first listed for me--and I think that helped the conversation run smoothly. I have no gotten my decision yet for what it's worth.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
kriddick2 wrote:

Thoughts?

After having some trouble scheduling my interview, I called the admissions office to clarify a few things- they basically said order does not matter at all, and that, if interviewers don't respond promptly, you can also begin chipping away at the '2 business day' response window, and start emailing them more rapidly. I had to email 8 ambassadors before getting someone to say yes. By the end, I was emailing multiple people at a time, and it finally worked.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q41 V41
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
just got dinged today, applied on 1/9. good luck to everyone else still waiting.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
applied 1/9. just got the ding. break a leg everyone else :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
mappleby wrote:
Just got the call for a Fellowship award! I guess that answers the question about Early Decision applicants. I honestly thought there was no way they would bother giving money to ED admits because we are already committed to the school. Glad I was mistaken.

Sooo.... you're saying you didn't believe the other extremely informative and courteous GMAT club user who informed you that he/she was ED+fellowship about a month ago? :wink:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Any acceptance calls today?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
nyukellogg2015 wrote:
kriddick2 wrote:

Thoughts?

Did I miss the place on the interview invitation that told you to work from the top down on the interviewer list? On mine it says "To schedule your interview, you should reach out via email to one of the Ambassadors on the above list. Please contact only one Ambassador at a time, and allow each Ambassador two business days to respond before contacting the next Ambassador on the list" and they are not actually even numbered. If I were you I would not even hesitate to reach out to #3 - I picked mine based on a few mutual personal interests I saw from my research--though he was also the first listed for me--and I think that helped the conversation run smoothly. I have no gotten my decision yet for what it's worth.

You're right. I re-read the message from CBS and immediately wrote an email to #3. Here goes.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
elian wrote:
Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

Quick question: is it a good/bad sign if the interviewer is quick about getting your evaluation in? I interviewed last Thursday, and got the notification that my status had changed (feedback sent) by Sunday.

I think I was good at (1) building rapport, (2) laying out the reasons why I wanted an MBA and why at Columbia, and (3) being articulate. However, I did get a little sidetracked talking about the growth trajectory of emerging markets (what I want to focus on post-MBA) when I was laying out my goals. Thoughts?

Submitted: 01/02/13
Mid-Cycle Decision: 01/29/13 (27 days)
Interview: 02/07/13 (36 days)
Evaluation: 02/10/13 (39 days)
Final Decision: ???

I had my interview on 2/7 also, evaluation was submit by the end of the day and I haven't heard either. Not sure if that is comforting or not, but my interviewer said he was recommending me so keep thinking happy thought!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.14
Send PM
Applied 1/8
Invitation to interview received 2/1
Interviewed 2/7 (positive feedback)
Evaluation submit also on 2/7 (after COB)
No word, and was really hoping to hear something before the long weekend.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anamgu wrote:
Applied 1/8
Invitation to interview received 2/1
Interviewed 2/7 (positive feedback)
Evaluation submit also on 2/7 (after COB)
No word, and was really hoping to hear something before the long weekend.

What's the chance adcom works on Monday?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, Statistics
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V50
GPA: 3.17
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Has anyone received an interview who applied 1/20 or later? Feel like we should be getting close to that date at this point, seeing that a 1/9 received an interview invite on 2/1 or so.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
anyone else thinking of turning down serious $$ for cbs? i just got notice of full ride to stern (120k)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
old1442 wrote:
anyone else thinking of turning down serious $$ for cbs? i just got notice of full ride to stern (120k)

Take full ride. Is that a serious question? Stern is like 3 spots lower in rankings. Is that worth 120k to you?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
lodestone wrote:
old1442 wrote:

Take full ride. Is that a serious question? Stern is like 3 spots lower in rankings. Is that worth 120k to you?

Congratulations on the full-ride, old1442! That's certainly a lot of money to give up, but if CBS is where you want to go, then that's your personal decision.

While I am of a similar thought to lodestone -- 120k would be very very difficult for me to give up -- everyone's financial situation and reasons for choosing bschool are different. Make a decision that works well for you: does CBS offer you that many more resources than Stern? They're both in NYC, but does CBS have specific recruiting you'd be interested over Stern? Did you mesh well with current students/the culture better? All questions you have to answer for yourself. It's a great position to be in though!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Had a good experience scheduling interview with an alum. Took advice from previous posts of avoiding recent graduates though...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  68   69   70   71   72   73   74  ...  83   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts