Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:30 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V37
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
GPA: 3.8
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: CBS '14 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.74
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Columbia 2013 (CBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
MBAcm2013 wrote:
woofbearus wrote:
highhopes75 wrote:
Have you heard back?

I actually just interviewed yesterday, so not quite. :)

My interviewer noted that the admissions office was trying out some new stuff this year (might also explain why the interview instructions were different for different people) and might be a bit slow. But that I should hear back in one to two weeks.

Based on responses here, I've noticed notifications in as little as 6 business days (which means that Tuesday might be my day!). That does seem really quick. I wonder what the "new stuff" actually is.

I think the time frame varies. My feedback was submitted on the 27th and nothing yet - but at least two people had the same feedback submission date and have heard back already. waiting waiting waiting! :evil:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [1]
Given Kudos: 37
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Kudos
I hear you. My feedback was submitted on the 28th and I've been checking my status at least 10x per day. But admissions can take as long as they want with my application as long as it ends with a phone call that says "welcome".
Manager
Manager
Send PM
urarunner2 wrote:
I hear you. My feedback was submitted on the 28th and I've been checking my status at least 10x per day. But admissions can take as long as they want with my application as long as it ends with a phone call that says "welcome".

Does the status online change before you get a phone call? (Similar to Wharton?)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
MBAcm2013 wrote:
urarunner2 wrote:

Does the status online change before you get a phone call? (Similar to Wharton?)

No, checking the status online is a waste of time once your feedback is submitted. You will get an email if you're dinged and a phone call if you are accepted. The website changes after one of those happens. It took about a day after getting my phone call to see the website updated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Today is the day! I can feel it!!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V43
GPA: 3.3
WE:Sales (Real Estate)
Send PM
Hi all.

I applied on 01/30 and I am still waiting for an invitation for interview (or denial of admissions). Did you guys first receive the invitation for interview on your e-mail, or did you get a status update on the webpage?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
WE:Accounting (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
afdelag wrote:
Hi all.

I applied on 01/30 and I am still waiting for an invitation for interview (or denial of admissions). Did you guys first receive the invitation for interview on your e-mail, or did you get a status update on the webpage?

I received an email with the subject "Columbia Business School Invitation to Interview". So keep a look out in your email inbox!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V46
GPA: 3.44
Send PM
afdelag wrote:
Hi all.

I'm in the same boat as you - Applied a bit on the late side (2/15) and haven't heard anything. They do pick applications up as they come in, though, and it's entirely possible they're still working through the merit scholarship applicants. The latest application I've seen someone get moved on was an interview invite for a 1/14 applicant. I wouldn't give up hope yet, but it's looking more likely that I'll be accepting another school's offer before I hear anything from CBS.

Anyone get an interview invite lately?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
sgrdc2012 wrote:
afdelag wrote:
Hi all.

I'm in the same boat as you - Applied a bit on the late side (2/15) and haven't heard anything. They do pick applications up as they come in, though, and it's entirely possible they're still working through the merit scholarship applicants. The latest application I've seen someone get moved on was an interview invite for a 1/14 applicant. I wouldn't give up hope yet, but it's looking more likely that I'll be accepting another school's offer before I hear anything from CBS.

I'm in the same boat as you guys. I applied on 7th Feb and am waiting to hear back. I checked the previous pages and haven't seen any one reporting an interview invite lately.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
cognizant2001 wrote:
I'm in the same boat as you guys. I applied on 7th Feb and am waiting to hear back. I checked the previous pages and haven't seen any one reporting an interview invite lately.

From what I remember, CBS sent out a lot of invites in "batches" - not as in a flash email but in the sense that large groups got invited within informal periods. Adcom may be focused on getting out final decisions for the merit scholarship group so regard the no news as good news for now :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Other, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
ah, waitlisted today after interviewing 3/1- had a rather odd, four-hour interview. not sure what to make of that.

not sure which aspect of my app was weak, so a little unsure as to whether i should submit additional materials. possibly an additional recommendation?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
bschoolfool wrote:
ah, waitlisted today after interviewing 3/1- had a rather odd, four-hour interview. not sure what to make of that.

not sure which aspect of my app was weak, so a little unsure as to whether i should submit additional materials. possibly an additional recommendation?

Sorry to hear that; when did your interviewer submit feedback?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bschoolfool wrote:

4 hrs?!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
MBAcm2013 wrote:
bschoolfool wrote:

4 hrs?!

Does this interview qualify as 'worst interview ever'? Just based on length of time...wow.....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
cognizant2001 wrote:
sgrdc2012 wrote:
afdelag wrote:
Hi all.

Hi, I applied on 1/21 and got my interview invite last week on 3/5 so I'd say there's still hope for you guys! Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 2.99
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
aerien wrote:
MBAcm2013 wrote:
bschoolfool wrote:

4 hrs?!

Does this interview qualify as 'worst interview ever'? Just based on length of time...wow.....

Wait can you please give more details about this 4-hour interview? HOW did it last that long?!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Other, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
aerien wrote:
MBAcm2013 wrote:
bschoolfool wrote:

4 hrs?!

it was completely bizarre. 4 hr interview, 3 hrs of which were him talking about his very personal life...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts