Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:43 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: CBS '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.54
WE:Engineering (Real Estate)
Send PM
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
Re: Columbia 2013 (CBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Hi everyone who was admitted, Congratulations. And those who didn't get in I commiserate (I am a re-applicant not to Columbia but other schools) but hang in there. Gotta believe in yourself.

Also, I would like to urge everyone, those who got in and those who didn't to please update your status on your profile so that the stats on the first page reflect correct numbers. This really helps those who are applying this year as well those who plan to apply next year. It's a great reference system while doing your applications. You get a good idea of what kind of Gmat Clubbers get admitted every year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.91
Send PM
Just an FYI. Columbia cancelled classes tomorrow (because of hurricane Sandy) so I doubt there will be any movement.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
I was interviewed on 23rd of Oct, and the interviewer still did not submit his feedbacks.
I am getting nervous... Anyone can help?
Should i contact the adcom? Or should i contact the interviewer?
I don want to be rude to the interviewer, but i need the result asap... (nyu deadline is coming...)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
General rule of thumb seems to be give them a week. If he hasn't submitted on Halloween I would shoot him an email with a polite reminder. Then give it another week before contacting the admissions office.
Intern
Intern
Schools: CBS '15 (M)
Send PM
suting wrote:
I was interviewed on 23rd of Oct, and the interviewer still did not submit his feedbacks.
I don want to be rude to the interviewer, but i need the result asap... (nyu deadline is coming...)

If I had an offer from NYU I would contact Columbia adcom, nothing to lose. If I had nothing from NYU I wouldn't contact anybody for a week or two, NYU's admission fee is not the thing I would try to save. I share you desire to learn about the final result but I would continue writing my apps for other schools, the thing I actually was doing after interview in Columbia. I left 2-3 drafts for NYU when I got the offer from Columbia. If you still have nothing, you still have nothing - Captain Obvious.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Those who have already been interviewed - Would you be able to share the questions that were asked by your interviewers? Any unexpected or unusual questions?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
suting wrote:

I'm in the same boat (my interviewer went as far as saying she'd recommend me). If anyone has an elegant way of requesting the interviewer to submit, that would be super helpful.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Finance
Send PM
randomapplicant wrote:
suting wrote:

I'm in the same boat (my interviewer went as far as saying she'd recommend me). If anyone has an elegant way of requesting the interviewer to submit, that would be super helpful.

Ditto, Ditto. I actually interviewed October 16th....Needless to say I'm a little concerned/frustrated that the feedback hasn't been submitted yet.

I called the admissions office after a week (last tuesday) and they said that they would reach out to the person that interviewed me....but still no update.

I'm going to send the the person an email today again confirming my interest in the school and stating anything that I can do to expedite the process of submitting the form would be helpful, blah, blah blah. If I don't get an update by the end of the week I'm going to call my interviewer and see what the deal is.

I don't think this is ridiculous as long as you don't go overboard. All of these alumni went through the process so they should sympathize with your situation.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [0]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
randomapplicant wrote:
suting wrote:

Not sure if you guys are did off-campus interviews or what, but don't forget that Hurricane Sandy is hitting the East Coast *right now*. And, even if your interviewer is not based on the East Coast, the odds are probably pretty good that they're more worried about friends/family that ARE out there than they are about submitting your feedback. In other words, just give it a few days. :lol:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [3]
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.94
WE:Consulting (Insurance)
Send PM
Kudos
interviewed today as sandy hit new york city. haha, it was quite an adventure going out there!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Lallalala wrote:
Those who have already been interviewed - Would you be able to share the questions that were asked by your interviewers? Any unexpected or unusual questions?

Lallalala here is what I posted a few pages back. Still applicable I think.

mappleby wrote:
david88 wrote:
Can folks who have interviewed already share your interview experiences/questions. This is the first b-school interview I will be doing so I am a little anxious.

My advice would be to make sure you know yourself, know your story and what you want. The obvious question is, walk me through your resume. Have a ~2 min spiel ready to go about the highlights of your resume that describes key points about your experiences and how you got to where you are today. Then make sure you know the school. Have a clear idea of why you want to go to Columbia, specific classes, clubs, opportunities. You should have something more to say than just, it's in NYC and I can be near the finance centers for networking. That's fairly obvious and doesn't necessarily show that you have done any research into the school itself.

Have a good idea of what you want to do after school. This should tie clearly into the Why an MBA and how Columbia is going to help you in your career path. If you are a career switcher (like I am) expect a number of questions on your motivation to switch careers. Especially if you interview with somebody in the field you intend to pursue. They will want to know that you have really thought this out and aren't just throwing darts at a dartboard.

Ultimately it is about fit. You will be talking to an alumnus of the school. They are going to be evaluating if they would want you as a peer and fellow alumnus. The network and brand name is huge, so fit is important. It's easier said than done but just try to relax. Try and turn it more into a conversation than just an interview. If they feel a personal connection to you or your story they will probably be more likely to give favorable feedback to the school.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys,

Got the admit call!!

My profile -

IT consultant, 23 y.o, female, Intl student, GMAT 700.

It took 3 weeks to get the interview invite, but got the call a week after my interviewer submitted his feedback.

I wish you guys all the best!

:)
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
aimforthestars89 wrote:
Hey guys,

Got the admit call!!

My profile -

It took 3 weeks to get the interview invite, but got the call a week after my interviewer submitted his feedback.

Congratulations! Can you please share your complete profile.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Did u get the call today?

aimforthestars89 wrote:
Hey guys,

Got the admit call!!

My profile -

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
kidchaos wrote:
aimforthestars89 wrote:
Hey guys,

Got the admit call!!

My profile -

Congratulations! Can you please share your complete profile.

Sure thing!

Timeline:

Applied ED - 11th September
Interview Invite (Approx) - 3rd/4th October
Interviewed - 18th October
Feedback submitted - 18th October
Admit Call - 26th October

Profile -
Female, Intl Applicant from Australia, 23 yo, 5 years with Big 4 (started with them straight out of high school), IT Consulting.
GPA - 3.74/4, GMAT 700.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
suting wrote:
Did u get the call today?

aimforthestars89 wrote:
Hey guys,

Got the admit call!!

My profile -

Got the call last Friday - I think they've closed down the uni for a couple of days until the storm passes
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
It doesn't look like there will be any movement this week.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  32   33   34   35   36   37   38  ...  83   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts