Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:16 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: CBS '15 (S)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: Columbia 2013 (CBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Is anyone having a hard time scheduling an interview with the listed ambassadors? I've had two not respond, one respond and then not get back to me with available times, and now two more that are shaping up to be no response. I received my invite on 10/12 - given the rolling process this is making me nervous that it's taking so much time to schedule the interview.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
NA

Originally posted by breakthelaw on 23 Oct 2012, 16:29.
Last edited by breakthelaw on 05 Mar 2013, 10:15, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
NA

Originally posted by breakthelaw on 23 Oct 2012, 16:31.
Last edited by breakthelaw on 05 Mar 2013, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
AlexanderSA wrote:
Lallalala wrote:
Just received an invitation to interview with an AdCom officer. Want to print the email and frame it at this stage... Been impatiently waiting for this email. Any interview tips from those already admitted? Cheers!

Today I received an invitation to interview with a "CBS Ambassador" - I may be reading much to far into this but is there any difference in receiving an invite to interview with an AdCom officer versus an "Ambassador?"

Cheers

I think Lalla is mistaken. Interviews are conducted by local alumni of CBS. They are referred to as Ambassadors and everybody goes online, puts in their location and gets emailed a list of 3 CBS Ambassadors in the local area to contact. Maybe he meant that he received an interview invitation FROM the AdCom not with them.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: CBS '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.54
WE:Engineering (Real Estate)
Send PM
AlexanderSA wrote:
Lallalala wrote:
Just received an invitation to interview with an AdCom officer. Want to print the email and frame it at this stage... Been impatiently waiting for this email. Any interview tips from those already admitted? Cheers!

Today I received an invitation to interview with a "CBS Ambassador" - I may be reading much to far into this but is there any difference in receiving an invite to interview with an AdCom officer versus an "Ambassador?"

Cheers

Alexander - that's the same process that all of us that interviewed have gone through. My understanding is that the AdComs only directly interview applicants who live in areas devoid of any alumni. All others are interviewed by "Ambassadors," or CBS alums who have volunteered to help out with interviews.

RatRace - I had problems with my first three Ambassadors as well. I was invited to interview on 10/1, and to this day I have only heard from one of those initial three contacts (she responded two weeks after my email). Luckily, the first name listed in my second round of Ambassadors responded immediately.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
When you get invited for the interview, does the status of the application still show "Submitted?" or does it get replaced with something else?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mappleby wrote:
AlexanderSA wrote:
Lallalala wrote:

Cheers

I think Lalla is mistaken. Interviews are conducted by local alumni of CBS. They are referred to as Ambassadors and everybody goes online, puts in their location and gets emailed a list of 3 CBS Ambassadors in the local area to contact. Maybe he meant that he received an interview invitation FROM the AdCom not with them.

Nope, not mistaken. My interview will be with an AdCom officer on a set date. This must be because there are not any Ambassadors at my location. I was also given the option to fly to another city and interview with an Ambassador on a different date. I do not think there is any difference in interviewing with either - just saves me a cost of a flight.

Timeline: Submitted ED 10/3; Interview invite received 10/24
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
Schools: CBS '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.54
WE:Engineering (Real Estate)
Send PM
brother2040 wrote:
When you get invited for the interview, does the status of the application still show "Submitted?" or does it get replaced with something else?

Thanks

Good question - there's been a lot of confusion about that. Mappleby can probably speak more to the process of previous years, but this year they don't seem to be utilizing the status as they did before. If I "log in to my application," it still shows "submitted" under the Status column. If I click on my application itself ("2013 August Early Decision Full-Time MBA"), then I'm brought to a separate page that shows, among other things, any recent status updates. If you haven't yet received an interview request, I'm not sure if you'll see anything on this page aside from your submission date and green checkmarks indicating that your recommendations, transcript, etc. have been received. Once you get an invitation, you'll see a "View Update" link that will allow you to search for interviewers and so on.

I guess that in previous cycles, the Status column would update from Submitted-->Invited to Interview-->Final Decision, but that's not the case this year, at least not that I've seen.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.83
Send PM
Lallalala wrote:

Nope, not mistaken. My interview will be with an AdCom officer on a set date. This must be because there are not any Ambassadors at my location. I was also given the option to fly to another city and interview with an Ambassador on a different date. I do not think there is any difference in interviewing with either - just saves me a cost of a flight.

Today is the 23rd... Lot of things that seem to be wrong/unusual with this post series?

Although I guess I'm not accounting for time zone differences.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
dougdoug wrote:
Lallalala wrote:

Today is the 23rd... Lot of things that seem to be wrong/unusual with this post series?

Although I guess I'm not accounting for time zone differences.

I would guess he/she is somewhere in Asia. Given the date difference and the lack of local alumni. Just trying to think of regions of the world that would be devoid of an "Ambassador" and I could see areas of China or other Asian countries where this might be the case. That would also explain being a day ahead of us.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
brother2040 wrote:

Thanks

Nope, they aren't utilizing that field for updates this year. Like dentr0n said all of your updates will be 1 click "deeper" this time. Once you click that link and open the page you will see your checklist with all application items and when they were received. You will also get any status updates at the top of this page.

Don't worry, I've been accepted and my application status still says "Submitted!"
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi - Looking for any help / words of wisdom or advice on recent interview questions?
Applied: ED 10/3, Interview Invite: 10/23, Interview not yet set.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Also received intervew invitaition today.
Submitted - 9/17

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.95
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
highaspiration13 wrote:
Just received the call!!! I'm In

Good luck to everyone still waiting, keep your heads up.

To those already accepted, I will see you in the fall if not sooner ; )

Big Cong!!!
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2060 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Expert Reply
thenatalie wrote:
Also received intervew invitaition today.
Submitted - 9/17

Posted from my mobile device

badabang!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
seems like a lot of invites went out yesterday.. got one too and i reckon its probably the slowest turnaround so far :( 6 weeks

anyway best of luck to all for the interviews
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
boston526 wrote:
Hi - Looking for any help / words of wisdom or advice on recent interview questions?
Applied: ED 10/3, Interview Invite: 10/23, Interview not yet set.

It appears the only mandatory question this year is "Tell me about a time you faced adversity and what you learned from it." The rest of my interview was very conversational, we just talked about why I wanted to switch careers, why Columbia and why I thought I wanted to do finance(I'm in the military now).
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  35   36   37   38   39   40   41  ...  83   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts