Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:29 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 54
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
WE:Analyst (Insurance)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Schools: Tuck '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Re: Columbia 2013 (CBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
lolibra wrote:
Darn, I applied for ED but I've been waitlisted. Final response to be given by Feb 2013...

Anyone know what are the odds for me at this point? Or are all ED applicants who interviewed get waitlisted or do some actually get dinged?

Sorry to hear that! Were you wait listed with or without an interview?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi-
I interviewed but haven't seen any update. Am I suppose to submit anything or do I just wait for the interviewer to submit their feedback?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.95
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
boston526 wrote:
Hi-
I interviewed but haven't seen any update. Am I suppose to submit anything or do I just wait for the interviewer to submit their feedback?

Thanks

You don't need to anything but wait. Once your interviewer submits the evaluation form, the system will send you an email about the update.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi, you guys know how long does it take to get an interview invitation for regular decision?
I just submitted it, but on the website, admission office begin review in December.
So, interview invitation letter will be sent in January?
And, is it true that more international applicant will be admitted to ED rather than RD?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
win921 wrote:
Hi, you guys know how long does it take to get an interview invitation for regular decision?
I just submitted it, but on the website, admission office begin review in December.
So, interview invitation letter will be sent in January?
And, is it true that more international applicant will be admitted to ED rather than RD?

If you just submitted now then January will be lucky. They do rolling admissions and a lot of people will have submitted for Regular Decision in October who will be reviewed first. They are finally wrapping up with the Early Decision applicants and in the late November timeframe they will start reviewing RD applications. So they will have almost 2 months of backlog when they get started. January is certainly possible but I wouldn't start stressing out on 1 January if you haven't heard anything.

I haven't seen anything suggesting more international applicants get accepted in Early Decision vs Regular Decision. The only real issue for international applicants is if you are applying late in the game, March or April, because if you do get accepted you might not have time to get a visa.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
Send PM
Just got rejected after interview.

Submitted: Oct 2
Interviewed: Nov 2
Decision: Nov 12
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28
GMAT 2: 640 Q48 V31
GPA: 4
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
jslick wrote:
Just got rejected after interview.

Submitted: Oct 2
Interviewed: Nov 2
Decision: Nov 12

Can you share your profile please? How do you feel your interview went?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi, what is the scale of order of importance for extracurricular activity in application?
0-99? or 0-10?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Is there a Facebook group for 2014 J-termers?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
stephanie85 wrote:
Is there a Facebook group for 2014 J-termers?

Hi Stephanie, J-termers are invited to join the CBS'15 group along with the rest of our classmates graduating in 2015: https://www.facebook.com/groups/cbs15
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
I was notified of my interview about 3 weeks ago and had to go through all 9 potential enterviewers to finally secure an interview for this Thursday (as i mentioned, almost 3 weeks after my initial notification). Do you think I'm at a disadvantage because it's taken so long for me to interview? I know the notification email explicitly says something to the effect of "it's in your best interest to arrange your interview as soon as possible" because of the rolling admissions set up...just looking for some outside opinions on my situation! I hope my application isn't negatively affected by this...nothing I could do about it :-(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
While obviously the committee won't fault you for having to go through multiple interviewers,
simple numbers do work against you slightly, only in the sense that there are less seats. However, it's still very, very early so I am sure the difference is probably negligible.

Posted from GMAT ToolKit
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
AlexanderSA wrote:
I was notified of my interview about 3 weeks ago and had to go through all 9 potential enterviewers to finally secure an interview for this Thursday (as i mentioned, almost 3 weeks after my initial notification). Do you think I'm at a disadvantage because it's taken so long for me to interview? I know the notification email explicitly says something to the effect of "it's in your best interest to arrange your interview as soon as possible" because of the rolling admissions set up...just looking for some outside opinions on my situation! I hope my application isn't negatively affected by this...nothing I could do about it :-(

I am in a similar situation and am worried about the same thing. Couldn't schedule an interview until ~3 weeks after invite due to several no-responses, and then on top of it, it took my interviewer 8 days to submit feedback (not blaming the person, just saying). So the whole process took ~1 month, and now I'm waiting for a decision. An adcom told me not to worry that it took so long and that it happens to many applicants. Since this is still ED I don't think it puts you at that much of a disadvantage, maybe a slight one if you're coming from a well-represented group whose quota is filling up fast, but that's just my speculation.

It's just annoying because I submitted my application earlier rather than right at the deadline to specifically avoid being at the tail end of the ED crowd, and now here I am due to circumstances out of my control. Oh well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
win921 wrote:
Hi, what is the scale of order of importance for extracurricular activity in application?
0-99? or 0-10?

I'm sure anyone will tell you there is no set scale.

If you have a 4.0 from Harvard and a 800 GMAT, well, extracurriculars might matter less in the bigger scheme of things.
If you have a 3.0 from a Tier 2 college on a 600 GMAT, well extracurriulars might matter a bit more for you.

Likewise, if you were a volunteer at a cashier's desk at your local library's book sale, it probably won't make a huge difference.
But, if in your spare time, you created a program that raised $1M in relief for Sandy victims, that would probably make a big difference.

Furthermore, if you are a successful banker who works 120 hours a week, the admissions committee understands you might not have as much time to dedicate to other activities. But of course, there are bankers who work 120 hours a week who do.
Other the other hand, if you are a 40 hours / week kind of professional, and you show absolutely nothing outside of that, it probably won't help your chances.

Long story short? It depends. You should probably talk to one of the many admissions consultants around to see what they think of your specific profile.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
I got an email from the adcom saying to forget about my interview after I hadn't been able to set it up for about 3 weeks. That same day, the interviewer finally got back to me and set a date. There is a little more to the story but in the end, the adcom waived the interview so I am pretty worried. I let the interviewer know what happened and he said the same thing happened to him when he applied years ago and (obviously) he got in. Hopefully the same will go for me, but definitely worries me.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Has anybody's deposit check been cashed yet?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Have any regular decision candidates received an interview invite yet?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  39   40   41   42   43   44   45  ...  83   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts